• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More horror stories of OCBC customers losing their life savings through recent scams

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want sinkie to lose its status as a tax haven and money laundering hub?
The ang mor are very particular about money laundering n terrorism finance. If the ang mors can force the Swiss into line. Singkieland is nothing. N honestly these money laundering thing. If PAP so hard up. All they have to do is Instruct the banks. To just jaga the accounts of everyday Singkies. Which is the majority. Those with personal bankers follow a different set of rules. So hard meh? PAP jaga cpf soo religiously from Singkies. Surely they can do the same for the bank accounts of the everyday Singkies

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actuallee my uncle haven't tried to login to banking app while overseas will it work? KNN my uncle think overseas transfers is there for leemitance frequentlee used by ft and fw
Ft n fw can apply for exemption. N normally account transfers limited to only a few accounts. Not just suka suka add n transfer immediately

Revenger

Alfrescian
Loyal
193-1930905_nelson-haha-png-ha-ha-nelson.png

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imuho after leeturn them money bank should charge a stupidity fee from them and transfer to my wise uncle as wise customer fees.

The first time the victim clicked the link she would have provided the scammer with just her ID and password to login.

If she wants to do a transfer, she needs to add the unknown account to her list of 3rd party accounts. That will require a manual token that looks like a calculator plus the 2nd key via SMS.

When she is ready to activate the transfer, she needs another key via SMS.

So I don't understand how the scammers managed to collect the SMS code which could only be sent to the victim's mobile phone.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first time the victim clicked the link she would have provided the scammer with just her ID and password to login.

If she wants to do a transfer, she needs to add the unknown account to her list of 3rd party accounts. That will require a manual token that looks like a calculator plus the 2nd key via SMS.

So I don't understand how the scammers managed to collect the SMS code which could only be sent to the victim's mobile phone.
If my uncle is right setting up a digital token leequires either a physical token or a email+sms
In their explanation seems like fraudster has a device acting as the physical token on their end that ocbc didn't explained ?:thumbsdown:
Screenshot_20220117-190847_Samsung Internet.jpg

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

My uncle think maybe the meaning of fraudster device is actuallee they were using a fund transfer app eg when my uncle wanted to transfer fund from ocbc to cpfb he login to cpfb and select paynow and the money is transferred to cpfb after entering userid password etc That means they didn't a new payee on ocbc side.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should such morons be pitied? What people should be asking is why credit limit can be increase in a snap. Last time it took a day a lot more secure

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle think maybe the meaning of fraudster device is actuallee they were using a fund transfer app eg when my uncle wanted to transfer fund from ocbc to cpfb he login to cpfb and select paynow and the money is transferred to cpfb after entering userid password etc That means they didn't a new payee on ocbc side.

I'm not too sure about it. Your uncle transferring to his own CPFB is quite a different scenario from the victim transferring to a 3rd party account.

In any case, at the point of transfer you will still require a SMS OTP. So the fraudster needs at least 2 SMS OTPs to get to the end point.

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not too sure about it. Your uncle transferring to his own CPFB is quite a different scenario from the victim transferring to a 3rd party account.

In any case, at the point of transfer you will still require a SMS OTP. So the fraudster needs at least 2 SMS OTPs to get to the end point.
Cpfb doesn't have my uncle's ocbc information at all. So long he select ocbc as paynow the money is transferred to his cpfb immediatelee leegardless of amount. As for sms otp victim was the 1 to cooperate with them and given them KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually its not the banks fault. These customers fall for the scammers n as I said singkieland is on the side of big businesses. N there is no consumer protection. So even the bank don't pay. Customers also lan lan.
The bank didn't explained how the fraudster managed to add a new payee or how fraudster managed to activate the digital token when a physical token is necessary to activate it. They can publish a nice nice useless flow chart that end of the day is Like no answer - the usual behaviour of a high post employee in a company eg cfo ceo etc
In the event if absolutelee no security breached found on bank side my uncle think the bank should onlee compensate a little money for the poor servit rendered but not the amount being scammed.
It is as good as my uncle's nus grad friend that busy time can give bank account lumber to strangers .it is their own fault and noone should bear anything for their own fault.