• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More horror stories of OCBC customers losing their life savings through recent scams

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if I give them an account number with only $0.03 inside? They'll just wiped out the whole thing or they won't touch it?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
One other issue is the telecommunications company or authority. In singkieland PAP like to boast we r world crass this n tat. But daft singkies don't know that consumers protection is basically non-existent. Like employees protection. Very 3rd world. N for a developed country it's very embarrassing. As a result business operators have a fuck care attitude because no liability. So I bother for wat? N to bother cost money n no skin off my nose if I don't bother. The 2 main issues I see is the sms received was in the same thread. That means the customer easily fell for the scam n obviously ocbc had been hacked. In addition, ocbc hotline was not designed to handle scams from the comments made by the victims. N ocbc never even shut down the account when the scam was reported. They just tell costumers to make police report. Because they have no liability.

Point 2, in ang mor lands the telcos make efforts to block off phishing sms etc. These sms comes from overseas n it's easier to detect. And the telcos block the sms from entering The system.. they also have reporting bodies etc. U can send copies of the phishing sms to the regulator etc. Singkie land have or not?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could be a collaboration between telcos and the bank.

From what I've gathered from the information, it seems that the scammers are targetting those who are using a digital app token or have installed the bank app on their phones. The data could have been mined from there.
Your cheebye mouth should get slapped hard for anyhow accusing the banks and telcos of ganging up to con customers.

U better pray hard your identity doesn’t get exposed.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The person to stop payment should be the a/c holder himself.. No need to go through hotline operator! Call the hotline, key in your whatever id n password to stop all payment or transactions immediately.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
latest phishing message from “citi”. a scam. my citi account is fine and not locked as i’ve been using it without any issue.
9D0907B8-99F1-49FD-B5F8-8C3E59B5991C.png

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The person to stop payment should be the a/c holder himself.. No need to go through hotline operator! Call the hotline, key in your whatever id n password to stop all payment or transactions immediately.
once the scammer has id and password from victim for online access, this method is flawed. victim stops all payments online but scammer can easily reverse that. immediate action to take is go online and change password. stop scammer from having access to your account. once that is done, go back online with new password and stop all payments and transactions.

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
latest phishing message from “citi”. a scam. my citi account is fine and not locked as i’ve been using it without any issue.

WTFF

My bestest SHITY Bank is betterest.
Any withdrawal above $6.9 requires
6~9 confirmations and chops from
6.9 directors.

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
One more point. The account must have been access overseas, I thought banks have security in which overseas access is a red flag?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So does that mean u did what the scammers wanted?
no. never click on the link. it leads you to a fake site. go to the url that you have gone before to access your account. good thing with mac-os and ios devices is that when you log in to the legit site, both os recognize the site and auto-fill id. click on id, and both os will use saved password and facial recognition or fingerprints respectively to log you in. all encrypted. once in, change your password, and after successful password change both os will prompt you to update saved password on both apple devices. all other apple devices synced to the primary device will update automatically through the encrypted icloud. time for you to switch to mac, and you won’t look back.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earn 8.5m is sap sap sui for ocbc.
Just replace the money lost. The goodwill will go a long way.
If they can't do this then whole mgt should be replaced.