• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More horror stories of OCBC customers losing their life savings through recent scams

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earn 8.5m is sap sap sui for ocbc.
Just replace the money lost. The goodwill will go a long way.
If they can't do this then whole mgt should be replaced.
Not entirely the bank's fault @all, I would say it's 80 - 20, 80% account holders fault, 20% on the bank.. It's just like you're handing over your house key to the burglars n than u say the police are not doing their job..

Last edited:

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_2022-01-16-12-56-18-391_com.uob.mighty.app.jpg

Screenshot_2022-01-16-12-56-25-012_com.uob.mighty.app.jpg

Screenshot_2022-01-16-12-56-34-731_com.uob.mighty.app.jpg

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
no. never click on the link. it leads you to a fake site. go to the url that you have gone before to access your account. good thing with mac-os and ios devices is that when you log in to the legit site, both os recognize the site and auto-fill id. click on id, and both os will use saved password and facial recognition or fingerprints respectively to log you in. all encrypted. once in, change your password, and after successful password change both os will prompt you to update saved password on both apple devices. all other apple devices synced to the primary device will update automatically through the encrypted icloud. time for you to switch to mac, and you won’t look back.
Guess faggot phones n ecosystem is a necessary evil. Like Android

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle can now do a brief executive summary of this scam and close the case for now.
1. Bank was not at fault as no direct security breached on the bank side were involved.
2. Victims have to take it as a lesson for being careless and stupid for clicking on a bit.Iy site
3. The bank knows all the overseas leeceipent account information but they are not taking any action as this will start a group of stupid greedy sinkies to step forward to do a illeegitimate claims as it is not Easy or even possible to tell who are the victims and who's not. They cannot just based on large amount of money transferring out and chop it as a victim.
4. Csa should do a study on how to leesolve such scams
5. Case closed as mishap. Victims suck thumb

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle can now do a brief executive summary of this scam and close the case for now.
1. Bank was not at fault as no direct security breached on the bank side were involved.
2. Victims have to take it as a lesson for being careless and stupid for clicking on a bit.Iy site
3. The bank knows all the overseas leeceipent account information but they are not taking any action as this will start a group of stupid greedy sinkies to step forward to do a illeegitimate claims as it is not Easy or even possible to tell who are the victims and who's not. They cannot just based on large amount of money transferring out and chop it as a victim.
4. Csa should do a study on how to leesolve such scams
5. Case closed as mishap. Victims suck thumb
Case not even open as OCBC has political connections

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tam chia ter nao sinkies just cannot get wiser after my uncle been constantlee warning ter nao sinkie of bastard ocbc bank and other entities. Need to lose 100k to learn. FUCKING IDIOT NUS GRADS CAN EVEN GIVE ACCOUNT LUMBER TO STRANGERS
There was 1 victim who kpkb that when she called the hotline and informed the cso about the scam and the cso doesn't sounded any urgency or critical KNN My uncle would like to tell her - you think the money belongs to her ah KNN and also tell her leemember this - they are onlee low celeried worker :whistling::sneaky:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hats off to the scammers! The mastermind is brilliant to come out with this plan. This plan probably involves a lot of people as it constantly needs manpower to monitor all the accounts..

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was 1 victim who kpkb that when she called the hotline and informed the cso about the scam and the cso doesn't sounded any urgency or critical KNN My uncle would like to tell her - you think the money belongs to her ah KNN and also tell her leemember this - they are onlee low celeried worker :whistling::sneaky:
Yes, agree..The hotline probably is manned by someone outstation or it could be a FT working here.. They won't be bothered for sure!

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hats off to the scammers! The mastermind is brilliant to come out with this plan. This plan probably involves a lot of people as it constantly needs manpower to monitor all the accounts..
My uncle think they mass sent sms to anyone even those without ocbc account but they will need some form of manpower to leeact as fast as possible. Maybe any amount they will still take as long as a kortec is found but news onlee published those with larger amount.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle think they mass sent sms to anyone even those without ocbc account but they will need some form of manpower to leeact as fast as possible. Maybe any amount they will still take as long as a kortec is found but news onlee published those with larger amount.
For the past few years many a/c holders from other banks here in Sinkapor also got scammed, it's just that the numbers were much smaller thus not reported.. The modus operandi used by these scammers are different everytime...

ftan42

Alfrescian
Loyal
THere no security breach but some human at fault as hotline either hard to call in when picked up, CSO either no hue or put to hold 10 to 20 mins before attending to their enquiry, time was wasting by the holding up.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
THere no security breach but some human at fault as hotline either hard to call in when picked up, CSO either no hue or put to hold 10 to 20 mins before attending to their enquiry, time was wasting by the holding up.
Actuallee this sort of things has been happening all the while with cso not onlee banking but all KNN
As for this incident even a cso leeacted immediatelee there won't be any difference becas by the time they leeceived sms about their transfer leemit has been increased there likelee won't be sufficient time to stop the transfer unless the victim leeacted immediatelee to quicklee login to change back the leemit or stop any transfer but they already panic and 1st thing is to call the bank and most critical time has gone. Also if their mind is so quick witted they won't click on the link in the 1st place.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hats off to the scammers! The mastermind is brilliant to come out with this plan ...
totally agree wif u ...

dey noe ze bank wud cudnt care less ... authorities wud oso bochup ...

iz all customers fault ... who ask dose idiots 2 anyhow click on links? ... as ah loon once said n he'll repeat ... dey wen in wif their i's open ...

ze scammas haf discovered a boundless n bottomless gold mine ...

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actuallee this sort of things has been happening all the while with cso not onlee banking but all KNN
As for this incident even a cso leeacted immediatelee there won't be any difference becas by the time they leeceived sms about their transfer leemit has been increased there likelee won't be sufficient time to stop the transfer unless the victim leeacted immediatelee to quicklee login to change back the leemit or stop any transfer but they already panic and 1st thing is to call the bank and most critical time has gone. Also if their mind is so quick witted they won't click on the link in the 1st place.
One other thing is why the Telcos are allowing such phishing sms to circulate. Ang mor countries are actually controlling such sms. N Google n faggot phones should block links to these sites via the browser. They do this in ang mor lands.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
And how come the banks don't block overseas transfers? In ang mor lands...they monitor such transport carefully as its money laundering n terrorism etc.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
One other thing is why the Telcos are allowing such phishing sms to circulate. Ang mor countries are actually controlling such sms. N Google n faggot phones should block links to these sites via the browser. They do this in ang mor lands.
My uncle think when banks linked up with telcos for sms it was solelee for the purpose of informing customer on something I.e a messaging information onlee. It was verlee sillee for bank customers to leeply or worse click onto a message for any banking leelated activity KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
And how come the banks don't block overseas transfers? In ang mor lands...they monitor such transport carefully as its money laundering n terrorism etc.
Actuallee my uncle haven't tried to login to banking app while overseas will it work? KNN my uncle think overseas transfers is there for leemitance frequentlee used by ft and fw

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle wish the mastermind had leecruited him as it is verlee song to transfer money out of someone accounts into own account especiallee when cooperation was from that someone:biggrin: KNN

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not entirely the bank's fault @all, I would say it's 80 - 20, 80% account holders fault, 20% on the bank.. It's just like you're handing over your house key to the burglars n than u say the police are not doing their job..
The fake sms came from the same ocbc number that previously provided genuine otp and alerts. So the fake sms was part of a long legit chain. Cannot argue 80-20 in this case.