• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More horror stories of OCBC customers losing their life savings through recent scams

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
When 36-year-old homemaker, Denise (not her real name) and her husband realised that they may have been victims of a phishing scam, he immediately called the OCBC hotline to try to get the bank to stop the scammers in their tracks.

However, instead of getting a response, Denise’s husband was put on hold for over 20 minutes.

During which, he received more SMS notifications that his OneToken had been activated.

The OneToken is OCBC’s digital authentication tool for internet transactions.

He was also notified that his transaction limit was increased from S$5,000 to S$50,000.

Unable to get through, Denise’s husband carried on with his other tasks.

Two hours later, he received another SMS suddenly informing him that S$15,718 had been transferred out via PayNow.

Horrified, he called OCBC’s hotline again, but was put on hold. While waiting, he received an SMS that another S$2,400 had been transferred out.

==================================================================

..................Natalie (not her real name), 27, who works in the tech industry, said she was scammed of S$43,000 and another S$7,000 that was borrowed by the scammers using OCBC’s EasiCredit scheme.

When Natalie kept calling OCBC for updates, no one was able to give her any answers.

She said this was frustrating for her as her money had been transferred out via an overseas transfer, which would typically take a few days to reach the recipient.

“They couldn’t tell me whether the money was still with OCBC or not. I got different answers each time I asked,” said Natalie.

More at https://shrtcô.de/jND6Yz (scroll down to read)

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
step by step analysis of the scam if the banking security was not compromised :

1. Victim click on a link and leedirected to fake ocbc website
2. Victim entered userid and password keystroke leecorded by scammer end
3. Victim entered sms otp and keystroke also leecorded by scammer end
4. Scammer used the collected information to login to the real website and took over control of their account.
5. That means not necessarily the money is inside savings account I.e they can also terminate a fix leeposit and flow the money back to saving account thereafter scammer can change the dailee transfer leemit and transfer the money to an oversea account.

Possible scenario
Scammer just anyhow mass sent sms to a wide group of sinkies including those that doesn't have ocbc account.

If this is the case bank should be able to know which oversea account the money has been transferred to.

Things will be more complicated if the banking system was compromised and if this is the case bank should be liable.

Step 3 need to leecorrect
After victim entered the userid and password the scammer needs to quicklee enter it in the real website. But the otp will be sent to the victim that means victim leeceived the otp and entered it and collected by the scammer to proceed to quicklee entering the otp before it expires.
KNN that means my uncle analysis was correct KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bloodlee hell that means ocbc knows where all the money was transferred to just that they are lazy to trace and follow up with csa/mha and overseas bank KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
They couldn’t tell me whether the money was still with OCBC or not. I got different answers each time I asked,” said Natalie.
Bastard ocbc also setup the ibanking for fast transfer to jump to giro if the user is not careful enough to double check and the money will be owned by them for upto 3 fucking work days or more if weekend and ph is involved.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
They couldn’t tell me whether the money was still with OCBC or not. I got different answers each time I asked,” said Natalie.
Fucking bastards moh also gave my uncle different answers each time he called to enquire about vaccination and fucking bastards telco hospital insurance company etc also leelee a fucking bastard sg and companies and workers. Fucking bastard Polyclinic staff also conned my uncle that medical appointment cannot be leescheduled when the fucking healthhub app got error in leescheduling and said onlee can be done on the appt date itself fucking bastard worker everywhere. Fucking idiot bastard hospital billing dept also said want to send my uncle finalised bill but say onlee never do KNN

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had an OCBC bank savings account briefly long ago (Tat Lee bank was still around), then OCBC bank announced that it will start deducting money from savings accounts that had less than a certain amount of money. I remember one day after that announcement, a large group of Sinkies (including me) swarmed the OCBC bank outlet to close our savings accounts. :wink:

My OCBC account was just a repository for CNY ang pow money. No biggie, the money got transferred to my UOB and POSB accounts. :biggrin:

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
All your shitskin IT team at work.

got insider mole lah, if not how the scammer knows which account got money?

majority of all these accounts probably less than 1k, it will take these scammers 52man years if they were to call everybody that has ocbc account
so ocbc better wake the fuck up and investigate all the IT dept and front liners that deals with customer's accounts.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

majority of all these accounts probably less than 1k, it will take these scammers 52man years if they were to call everybody that has ocbc account

Shitskin mole, shitskin IT, shitskin everywhere.
Ho Ching that cunt must have her throat slit.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All your shitskin IT team at work.

Could be a collaboration between telcos and the bank.

From what I've gathered from the information, it seems that the scammers are targetting those who are using a digital app token or have installed the bank app on their phones. The data could have been mined from there.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had an OCBC bank savings account briefly long ago (Tat Lee bank was still around), then OCBC bank announced that it will start deducting money from savings accounts that had less than a certain amount of money. I remember one day after that announcement, a large group of Sinkies (including me) swarmed the OCBC bank outlet to close our savings accounts. :wink:

My OCBC account was just a repository for CNY ang pow money. No biggie, the money got transferred to my UOB and POSB accounts. :biggrin:
Is ocbc owned by KFC family? If it is, the PAP will absolve them from all responsibility n liabilities

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could be a collaboration between telcos and the bank.

From what I've gathered from the information, it seems that the scammers are targetting those who are using a digital app token or have installed the bank app on their phones. The data could have been mined from there.
That is a Danger as most ppl have bank apps on their phones.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

so ocbc better wake the fuck up and investigate all the IT dept and front liners that deals with customer's accounts.
One other issue is these bank transfers are to an pommieland bank account. Surely if the Mata does its job. The poms would shut that account and arrests the bank account holder. In ang mor countries due to increase money laundering regulations, terrorism regulations etc..the poms will act quickly.

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a safe country like Singapore, this is the first time I really feel vulnerable. There is some really serious, unethical corporate behaviour here. They are bullying everyday people, like you and me.”
Tam chia ter nao sinkies just cannot get wiser after my uncle been constantlee warning ter nao sinkie of bastard ocbc bank and other entities. Need to lose 100k to learn. FUCKING IDIOT NUS GRADS CAN EVEN GIVE ACCOUNT LUMBER TO STRANGERS