• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

moar sinkie aunties and uncles will be collecting card boxes soon

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/more-than-100-hyflux-investors-protest-at-hong-lim-park

Among them was 67-year-old retiree Koh Ah Kiw, who lost about $40,000 after investing in Hyflux preference shares and perpetual securities to "get pocket money for retirement"

Madam L.L. Hong, 53, and her husband, Mr B.C. Ong, 55, said they bought Hyflux perpetual securities and preference shares because they thought Tuaspring was a "strategic national asset".

Instead, they have lost more than $200,000 of their retirement funds.

For Madam B. Chua, 62, the $6,000 loss from her investment in Hyflux perpetual securities was just "a forgone holiday".

But she said she understood the pain felt by many retirees at the Hong Lim protest yesterday. Her husband, who was not at the rally, had lost under $100,000 of his investment.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of these 'investors' are just speculators. And they follow blindly the advice of the Ah Neh research teams in our local banks. Never trust the Ah Nehs.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quick, go and raid the Hyflux building at Bendemeer now. :devilish:

lwx_hyflux_260319_75.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of these 'investors' are just speculators. And they follow blindly the advice of the Ah Neh research teams in our local banks. Never trust the Ah Nehs.

More likely trusting the gushing endorsements from the 'pro-business' PAP regime. :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they never learned from history, women are not cut out to do big things, even Qing dynasty was brought down by a woman. I like to repeat the reason why they are there is because few good men let them be.:rolleyes:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they had made money out of this investment...will they give a big thank you dinner treat to those concerned?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only because of Hyflux but more due to this statement "Singaporeans need to be open and understanding of foreigners".
It could be because I am a simpleton but I see it as more foreigners will be let in by PAP to steal your lunch

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only because of Hyflux but more due to this statement "Singaporeans need to be open and understanding of foreigners".
It could be because I am a simpleton but I see it as more foreigners will be let in by PAP to steal your lunch

1554022047800.png