• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM wife has just passed away.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
And before LKY was born, the British were enslaving all the Singaporeans and housed them in pig cages. SIT built flats only for the British, not for the locals. In fact, the Queen scholarship was only for whites.

yes u are right half.but u forgotten another half is, if raffle's did not found singapore, singapore will confirm not be now.

xyhan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore was not a fishing village when LKY took over. If there was a fishing village, the one at Kangkar its the only one that I heard of. I was born in Tg Pagar in early 50s, living in PSA quarters for almost 30 years, where my father was a port worker. At that time it was known as SHB (Singapore Harbour Board). When LKY took over in 1959, He inherited PSA and Naval Base which were the two most important assets.

I would like to correct you on your choice of words....
MM LEE DID NOT TAKE OVER SINGAPORE to begin with...Also He DID NOT INHERIT PSA and Naval Base.... He was elected by the People Of Singapore and he and his Government lead Singapore from a NOTHING to what she is today...

Correct me if I am wrong...

My Family and I are Proud to be Singaporeans.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
MM LEE DID NOT TAKE OVER SINGAPORE to begin with...Also He DID NOT INHERIT PSA and Naval Base.... He was elected by the People Of Singapore and he and his Government lead Singapore from a NOTHING to what she is today...

Are your family proud to swallow cum too? 'Cause u sure are swallowing all the PAP propaganda.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Bro, cut the guy some slack. He was raised to praise the dead at funerals and correction is considered a hate post or event. It was not that bad. He could have said that the Lees discovered water for drinking or worse still he could have claimed that they laid down the framework for a truly democratic society.

The only slack that people who drink the PAP Kool-aid is a big kick in the side of their heads to wake up their ideas.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The funny thing is when you are in coporate meeting or having discussions in the real life, people seem to know their history and role of many in this country.

When it comes to media and the Internet, it seems to be a different world.

I once chatted with news presenter and she told me that Singaporeans avoid being interviewed on TV in the streets and when they do, it is very complimentary of the government. But when not on air, it is different story.

Because singaporeans are cowards and do not there to critizice the PAP no matter how warranted, especially when they thinkit can be traced back to them. Part of the culture of fear instilled by Old Goat.

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal
then what are the industries, in your recollection, were during the 60's besides the huge British Military and ANZ bases in SG that time?

Your post is typical of PAP apologists when cornered. Resorting to rhetoric, posting pictures of slums or asking unrelated questions.

Dun try to avoid the question by throwing the ball back at Scrobal. You started the fishing village myth to pay tribute to the Lees. The presence or absence of any other industries is irrelevant. How we would have turned out without LKY is irrelevant to the issue as well.

It was either a fishing village or it was not. It was either a brainless tribute/ lie or the truth. Address the issue instead of sidetracking.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
What has a dead lizard got to do with zombies? Why the fuck did mediacorpse cancel the screening of "I am Legend" and show "I Robot"? :mad:

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal
^We could have ended like this, if not for visionary leaders like MM Lee
2153493560_d32935253a.jpg
capt.photo_1285333526656-1-0.jpg

It could or it could also turn out to be Utopia. That we won't know since it's all hypothetical.

But what is NOT hypothetical and a well known fact, at least to those with independent minds who do their own reading and research, is the state of Singapore at the point of independence. Only the truly uninformed will still think it was a fishing village. Perhaps you mixed up LKY with Raffles. They are more than a century apart.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come each time when one of those jokers kick the bucket, only their achievements and good side are highlighted? Just like Goh Keng Swee and Old Gecko. The media potray them like saints. Even those whom they interviewed all speak well of them. U mean they were all so perfect during their lifetime? Give me a break! :oIo:

Hazama

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come each time when one of those jokers kick the bucket, only their achievements and good side are highlighted? Just like Goh Keng Swee and Old Gecko. The media potray them like saints. Even those whom they interviewed all speak well of them. U mean they were all so perfect during their lifetime? Give me a break! :oIo:
Keng Swee might be an arrogant prick but at least he did contribute to the country.
Cannot say the same for Lao Gecko.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lan cheow lah! If the old bastard did not ride Lim Chin Siong's back whom he later betrayed, balls he cud be elected!

You blardy young punk are deprived of knowing the real S'pore history by the old bastard so don't cum here to kpkb!

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

haha, from nothing???
from a fishing village into something or from something into another thing?
correct me if i am wrong!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my point of view, anti-pap and death of sum1 is 2 different issue.
yet im not sending my codolences nor say thank you.

as far im concern, i dunno her at all.
all i noe is from our state media, singing praises abt her.
issit becuz she is LKY wife tatz all, den she must have made contributions???

i really dunno wat contributions she made?
dun tell me her contributions was to agree and support LKY decision?

those being interview by our state media, sum of your age, u havent even born.
stop reciting from the script.:oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The British didn't have any naval base or shipping port in Singapore before 1965. Singapore was then a fishing village with a few chicken farms. If not for LKY boldly turning down the Tengku's draconian demands after merger Malaysia and got Singapore out of the unequal merger, Singapore wouldn't be what it is today. If not for KGC backing LKY faithfully all the way, LKY might not have survived those village days.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
coolies outnumber the educated during your time, only until after the 70's when Singapore start to move forward into an industrial based economy as the educated work force start to form a bigger part of the population. Also we cannot compare Singapore with HK since HK were nurtured by the Brits 'til 1997. But if you look at what SG achieved today I think we're better off.

HK nutured by the Brits until 1997? Are u stupid? The Brits know that they have to return the damn place, u think they bother to nuture it? They barely spend any money on the place in the last few decades, and their caretaker governors were there to enjoy life. With such token leadership from another race and country, the HK still manage to perform as well if not better than S'pore. One of my professors told me once, if you put 5000 chinese on a desert island, come back in 10 years, u will find many factories, and a thriving economy. I am guessing u are not chinese.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It could or it could also turn out to be Utopia. That we won't know since it's all hypothetical.

But what is NOT hypothetical and a well known fact, at least to those with independent minds who do their own reading and research, is the state of Singapore at the point of independence. Only the truly uninformed will still think it was a fishing village. Perhaps you mixed up LKY with Raffles. They are more than a century apart.

Actually ah, I have irrefutable proof that LKY was born around the same time as Raffles. Dun believe, just look at a recent pic of him. he is sooooooooooo old.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
then what are the industries, in your recollection, were during the 60's besides the huge British Military and ANZ bases in SG that time?

There were lots of them. I recall a big Ayam brand soap factory in Holland. Not to mention all the shipbuilding yards. Lots of godowns by the Singapore river, the whole area choked with bumboats. If the economy was minuscule, u would not need so many bumboats to ferry goods from the ships. I also recall many textile factories. People were affluent, attending the Singapore Symphony Orchestra, buying pianos, sheet music etc. And too many more to mention. There is a thread somewhere centred on old singapore with many photos, I suggest u look it up, maybe u will than stop looking like an idiot.