• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ministers' salaries to BE Cut By 36 to 53%

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After so many years than he know that the salary policy is wrong, WTF

Precisely..many people have been telling them but they refused to listen..what's more troubling is how many more policies are wrong but they still refuse to listen

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually to LKY, he still doesn't think it is wrong. It's because of the poor showing in the last GE where Ministers' pay was identified to be a source of anger among voters, that LHL has no choice but to address. I believe if LKY is still in charge, he would have stuck to the policy as he's not one who will ever admit he's wrong. To him he can't be wrong as he's God.

I agree with you b at LKY..that shows how arrogant he is

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I heard from some fly sitting on the wall;that the Madam Kwa kept a very tight reign over our judiciary.That she kept secret files on every judges known.This is quite critical.Because in a democracy an independent judiciary can interfere with how a government is governed.Even in pseudo democracy like Malaysia !

I don't know whether you are aware that one Tunku Razaleigh ,the vice president of UMNO was giving a tough time to Dr.Mahathir.Dr.M won UMNO presidency by a thin margin over Razalieigh.Razaleigh went to the court and the whole UMNO was declared illegal.Along with it billions of assets it owned were frozen.Imagine that happening in Singapore.

Hence a very tight control over our judiciary was exercised .

If true, it speaks a lot abt LKY

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that's approved, it goes to show that LKY and the PAP were wrong to pay obscene salaries all these years.

I hope the pap learns from this and review some other policies which Singaporeans have been voicing out to them. One of the main feedbacks is that the liberal influx of cheap foreign workers is a wrong policy. Will the pap listen, eat humble pie and reverse/rescind it?

What other policies are wrong?

1. NS for locals, jobs for foreigners?
2. High cost of living?
3. High taxes/levies but disguised under low income tax to fool Singaporeans?
4. High petrol tax resulting in high transportation cost?
5. No minimum wage for Singaporeans despite high inflation rate?
6. Social engineering by limiting MBBS capacity?
7. Artificially inflated high medical cost?
8. Refusal to return CPF monies to Singaporeans?
9. Chase for GDP growth at all expense?
10.Unable to get cheap foreign labour to immerse into SG society thereby causing social friction?
11.Cronysim/despotism?
12.Lack of transparency/accoubtability?

Let's hope pap looks into many other policies

The proposed removal of pension for new political appointees is a right suggestion. Will PSD now look into removing the pension schemes for the Admin Service, Judiciary Appointees, etc?

The poap must have the moral courage to do what is right for Singapore

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Die, sure die, this time!

Our pay is but a miniscule fraction of our GDP, and negligible blip compared with the trillions of reserves we have to manage. You people have to keep things in perspective. What is $4 million? Even $10 million for me is not good enough.

Now my son is going to accept the Committee's recommendations. Sigh.

With such pay cuts, you'll have a dose of imcompetent govt. We'll go slow, go on strike, whatever. Your assets and properties will erode in value, your mothers and sisters will become whores and maids in foreign lands, this place will go down rapidly and you cannot put Humpty Dumpty back together again!

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Die, sure die, this time!

With such pay cuts, we';ll have a dose of imcompetent govt. Your assets and properties will erode in value, your mothers and sisters will become whores and maids in foreign lands, this place will go down rapidly and you cannot put Humpty Dumpty back together again!

I am an optimist. I believe we will now truly attract those who want to serve to come forward. That's good for SG

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am an optimist. I believe we will now truly attract those who want to serve to come forward. That's good for SG

The failure to attract top talents into the government is not because of incompetitive pay. It's due to PAP selection process. PAP practises in-breeding, which in simple terms, means choosing people who are like them in every way. And that's why only army generals and civil servants are recruited because after so many years in the public sector, they think, talk and act like them. Moreover they wouldn't being thinking of taking over the top post. To put it simply, it's all PAP's fault and nothing to do with people's unwillingness to join the govt. It's PAP unwillingness to appoint people outside of their mold that's the real problem.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The failure to attract top talents into the government is not because of incompetitive pay. It's due to PAP selection process. PAP practises in-breeding, which in simple terms, means choosing people who are like them in every way. And that's why only army generals and civil servants are recruited because after so many years in the public sector, they think, talk and act like them. Moreover they wouldn't being thinking of taking over the top post. To put it simply, it's all PAP's fault and nothing to do with people's unwillingness to join the govt. It's PAP unwillingness to appoint people outside of their mold that's the real problem.

It's the 60% selfish cowards n morons who voted for the PAP so
as to be kicked in the arses by the PAP.
Knnccb to the 60% selfish cowards !!!

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's interesting to know why talents like CSM fall through there cracks.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it also proves that 60% of the populations were okay with them getting this obscene salaries as they were voted in all these years.

In any case, regardless of how much they are being paid, there should not be lousy policies.

If that's approved, it goes to show that LKY and the PAP were wrong to pay obscene salaries all these years.

I hope the pap learns from this and review some other policies which Singaporeans have been voicing out to them. One of the main feedbacks is that the liberal influx of cheap foreign workers is a wrong policy. Will the pap listen, eat humble pie and reverse/rescind it?

What other policies are wrong?

1. NS for locals, jobs for foreigners?
2. High cost of living?
3. High taxes/levies but disguised under low income tax to fool Singaporeans?
4. High petrol tax resulting in high transportation cost?
5. No minimum wage for Singaporeans despite high inflation rate?
6. Social engineering by limiting MBBS capacity?
7. Artificially inflated high medical cost?
8. Refusal to return CPF monies to Singaporeans?
9. Chase for GDP growth at all expense?
10.Unable to get cheap foreign labour to immerse into SG society thereby causing social friction?
11.Cronysim/despotism?
12.Lack of transparency/accoubtability?

Let's hope pap looks into many other policies

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

very true...

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN ..whatever % cut oso makes little difference to these overpaid fuckers.The
revised pay packets are still way above normal people. If they can win back support then
pay cut is worth while for these shameless fuckers in long run..

I am more concerned with my CPF..special account where rules and min amount keep changing
..wonder if enough people KPKB it will move them to action like the salary issue.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN ..whatever % cut oso makes little difference to these overpaid fuckers.The
revised pay packets are still way above normal people. If they can win back support then
pay cut is worth while for these shameless fuckers in long run..

I am more concerned with my CPF..special account where rules and min amount keep changing
..wonder if enough people KPKB it will move them to action like the salary issue.

I share your concerns..but what can be done abt Singaporeans CPF?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share your concerns..but what can be done abt Singaporeans CPF?

The opposition mps can highlight n debate the CPF issue in parliament to let the whole singapore n the whole world know about it .Return ALL CPF
Money to retirees at age 55 yo!!! Scrap the minimum sum scheme to detain our
CPF money till u are 62 or 65 !!!
We can also petition to the president of Singapore Tony Tan to free n return ALL
Our CPF money on our retirement at 55 yo,also to give some meaningful job for him
To do to or else he is just a CBL president!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very insightful. Good work again, Nice Gook. Indeed, many of my contemporaries who are on "the inside" told me that it is really Kwa Geok Choo who made the man. Not only him but their children as well. It is said it was the wife who had planned and strategised and time LHL entry into politics and becoming the PM eventually. Even her daughter coup de tat of Prof Shorvan and taking over the post was plotted by her it seems. I am also told now that she is no more around. LKY and his son LHL are pretty much very lost and putting up appearances only behind an empty shell

She was also THE key player in the suicide cover-up of LHL's 1st wife.