• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ministers' salaries to BE Cut By 36 to 53%

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY took it literally as a compliment and quoted that comment to pat himself on the back...everyone had a good laugh at his naiveness.

LKY may appear shrewd most of the time, but occasionally he showed that he is like any ordianry man..snooked and unaware of it

Yes, LKY is indeed politically naive and it shows up particularly when he is other countries where the media are not controlled by PAP and therefore report incidents as they happen and not what the PAP want it to be reported. Another example of this was when LKY's wife had a very serious stroke while the couple were in London. LKY told our High Commission in London to immediately admit his wife into the best hospital there. But there was a queue and LKY had to wait indefinitely for an available ward. However, he kept pressuring our High Commission staff to gain admission immediately. And it so happened that there was a ward available and her turn came not long after and LKY wife was then admitted. When his wife returned for treatment and LKY was relating this incident to the media, he thanked the British Govt and the hospital for making exceptions to let his wife admit immediately ie given preferential treatment over others because he is LKY. But the British Govt and the hospital clarified that no such preferential treatment was given and his wife was simply admitted as soon as a ward was available and her turn came. The British said they do not have a policy of preferential treatment for politicians whether from Britain or elsewhere. This greatly embarrassed LKY and the High Commission staff got a real shaft in the ass. What happened was that the High Commission staff that was handling the case gave the impression to LKY that it was because of his efforts that the hospital relented and let his wife cut queue. But the whole fault lies with LKY because he thinks he so great even outside Spore that people must give way to him also. Again, those of u who still think LKY is all that smart and brilliant, think again in the light of this incident.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, LKY is indeed politically naive and it shows up particularly when he is other countries where the media are not controlled by PAP and therefore report incidents as they happen and not what the PAP want it to be reported. Another example of this was when LKY's wife had a very serious stroke while the couple were in London. LKY told our High Commission in London to immediately admit his wife into the best hospital there. But there was a queue and LKY had to wait indefinitely for an available ward. However, he kept pressuring our High Commission staff to gain admission immediately. And it so happened that there was a ward available and her turn came not long after and LKY wife was then admitted. When his wife returned for treatment and LKY was relating this incident to the media, he thanked the British Govt and the hospital for making exceptions to let his wife admit immediately ie given preferential treatment over others because he is LKY. But the British Govt and the hospital clarified that no such preferential treatment was given and his wife was simply admitted as soon as a ward was available and her turn came. The British said they do not have a policy of preferential treatment for politicians whether from Britain or elsewhere. This greatly embarrassed LKY and the High Commission staff got a real shaft in the ass. What happened was that the High Commission staff that was handling the case gave the impression to LKY that it was because of his efforts that the hospital relented and let his wife cut queue. But the whole fault lies with LKY because he thinks he so great even outside Spore that people must give way to him also. Again, those of u who still think LKY is all that smart and brilliant, think again in the light of this incident.

Yes, thanks for recounting this..I think the SG Ambassador had to come out to clarify LKY's goof.

If I am not wrong, LKY also slammed the UK Health system and boasted that in SG we dont need to wait that long. How boastful and naive!!! Singaporeans know that it is common to wait for 2hrs at CGH Orthopaedic Clinics despite having a pre-arranged appointment.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The source of LKY's naiveness is himself....he only wants to hear what he likes to hear..so by paying his people obscene salaries, they became yes-men and are afraid to offend him if they tell him what he doesnt want to hear. That's LKY's folly and weakness

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What to do ? No choice. Forced to the boiling point.The PAP only understand vulgar n crude language,they do not
Understand polite n civilized language.

hahahaha...dont forget to tell pap's mistakes to your family and friends...that will be more fulfilling nad useful

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a well known story of LKY in this regard. LKY was presented with a piece of hand woven exquisite cloth by a visiting dignitary. He showed it to his wife who told him to make a suit out of it. So he went to his personal tailor CYC in S'pore. The tailor told him there was actually just enough cloth to make one suit. However his first daughter-in-law told him that the tailoring is better in Hong Kong. So LKY went there but the tailor told him there's enough cloth to make two suits. He was about to let the HK tailor proceed when his 2nd daughter-in-law said he should go to Paris where the handicraft is even better. In Paris the tailor told him the piece of cloth can make LKY 3 suits in fact. Wow! 3 suits so might as well make it here in Paris, though LKY. But then his own daughter barged in and said the best tailoring is in New York. So on to NY he went where the tailor told him he can actually make him 4 suits with that piece of cloth. Puzzled why the same piece of cloth can be made into different number of suits in different countries, LKY went to search for the truth from the old master up in the mountain. The old master looked at LKY straight in the eyes and said "my dear Lee, the answer is right before you, it's just that u refuse to see it". LKY replied "please please tell me, old master, I'm dying to know". The old master sighed and said "since u really want to know, I will tell u. You see, Mr Lee, the further you are away from S'pore, the smaller you become".

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, LKY is indeed politically naive and it shows up particularly when he is other countries where the media are not controlled by PAP and therefore report incidents as they happen and not what the PAP want it to be reported.

Sorry mate ,I have to disagree.I shall join you to accuse LKY of everything else; except that he is politically naive.But first we must qualify what is being politically naive.To which I have to rule out statesmanship.Statesmanship and political shrewdness is entirely different.To me to be politically shrewd is like a shrewd businessman-- politicize anything and everything to his advantage.And in this portfolio LKY had done extremely well.Even fooling his own political allies and colleagues hiding his ulterior motive and intention.....for example,just observe how LKY played his cards extremely well to put his son where he is now.A feat not possible among the sea of sharks.

Now coming to the British hands in giving LKY a priority in UK hospital.I could recall Tony Blair,the PM than,was asked to interfere; which I am quite sure he did.Politicians all around the world do scratch each other backs;even royalties.For example,the prime figure in the World War 2 --the Japanese Emperor Hiro Hito was spared the war crimes tribunal allthough the very war was fought under his name.This is because European royalties interfered since one day they too may face such consequences.

But LKY cannot keep his loose cannon under control.His speech embarrassed Tony Blair;thus his denial.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a well known story of LKY in this regard. LKY was presented with a piece of hand woven exquisite cloth by a visiting dignitary. He showed it to his wife who told him to make a suit out of it. So he went to his personal tailor CYC in S'pore. The tailor told him there was actually just enough cloth to make one suit. However his first daughter-in-law told him that the tailoring is better in Hong Kong. So LKY went there but the tailor told him there's enough cloth to make two suits. He was about to let the HK tailor proceed when his 2nd daughter-in-law said he should go to Paris where the handicraft is even better. In Paris the tailor told him the piece of cloth can make LKY 3 suits in fact. Wow! 3 suits so might as well make it here in Paris, though LKY. But then his own daughter barged in and said the best tailoring is in New York. So on to NY he went where the tailor told him he can actually make him 4 suits with that piece of cloth. Puzzled why the same piece of cloth can be made into different number of suits in different countries, LKY went to search for the truth from the old master up in the mountain. The old master looked at LKY straight in the eyes and said "my dear Lee, the answer is right before you, it's just that u refuse to see it". LKY replied "please please tell me, old master, I'm dying to know". The old master sighed and said "since u really want to know, I will tell u. You see, Mr Lee, the further you are away from S'pore, the smaller you become".

Hahahahaha..that pretty much sums up LKY's stature. I think he was a great man. But he overstayed. Lesson learnt from LKY's experience is everyone shd have humility and not overstay one's worth

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry mate ,I have to disagree.I shall join you to accuse LKY of everything else; except that he is politically naive.But first we must qualify what is being politically naive.To which I have to rule out statesmanship.Statesmanship and political shrewdness is entirely different.To me to be politically shrewd is like a shrewd businessman-- politicize anything and everything to his advantage.And in this portfolio LKY had done extremely well.Even fooling his own political allies and colleagues hiding his ulterior motive and intention.....for example,just observe how LKY played his cards extremely well to put his son where he is now.A feat not possible among the sea of sharks.

Now coming to the British hands in giving LKY a priority in UK hospital.I could recall Tony Blair,the PM than,was asked to interfere; which I am quite sure he did.Politicians all around the world do scratch each other backs;even royalties.For example,the prime figure in the World War 2 --the Japanese Emperor Hiro Hito was spared the war crimes tribunal allthough the very war was fought under his name.This is because European royalties interfered since one day they too may face such consequences.

But LKY cannot keep his loose cannon under control.His speech embarrassed Tony Blair;thus his denial.

I thought the NHS came out with a statement on that issue. Anyway, that episode showed LKY's arrogance and intolerance and didnt put him in good light

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

You made some very good points there and I agree in particular LKY's political shrewdness in the local context. But his ego had got the better of him and that's why he can't keep his loose cannon under control. He made equally embarrassing comments about Malaysia and Indonesia for which he had to retract and apologise. I would count that as politically naive because if you're not, you would when to say certain things and when not to say.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You made some very good points there and I agree in particular LKY's political shrewdness in the local context. But his ego had got the better of him and that's why he can't keep his loose cannon under control. He made equally embarrassing comments about Malaysia and Indonesia for which he had to retract and apologise. I would count that as politically naive because if you're not, you would when to say certain things and when not to say.

Political shrewdness taken to extreme and with arrogance resulted in naiveness.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the NHS came out with a statement on that issue. Anyway, that episode showed LKY's arrogance and intolerance and didnt put him in good light

Exact details escapes me but the British PM was in the picture.

Anyway,I figure LKY may not be the sole beneficiary for all of his action.I heard from the grapevine that his wify was his silent political partner...she plotted and LKY executed.LKY was no exactly an analytical mind.But an excellent shoot from the hip typo lawyer.He had the charisma to convince the devil;though only in English.Which explains his obsession for languages.

But his wify though a lawyer too is not the court room typo...she was quite methodical in her work.They worked in pair.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pls read my other post.In the past LKY had his colleagues in the cabinet who can harness him.Not to mention his wify backing him with her intelligible works.When both were missing.We saw LKY raw as he would be without help.Like an actress without her make up.Not ap retty sight.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyway,I figure LKY may not be the sole beneficiary for all of his action.I heard from the grapevine that his wify was his silent political partner...she plotted and LKY executed.LKY was no exactly an analytical mind.But an excellent shoot from the hip typo lawyer.He had the charisma to convince the devil;though only in English.Which explains his obsession for languages.

But his wify though a lawyer too is not the court room typo...she was quite methodical in her work.They worked in pair.

We can see LKY the public figure...He was intelligent, articulate, convincing, good orator, good leader, etc..But he is a pale shadow of previous self now.. I wish he could have retired earlier and Singaporeans wld have remembered him for helping to b ring SG to what it is...but alas, he overstayed and spoilt the good image

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pls read my other post.In the past LKY had his colleagues in the cabinet who can harness him.Not to mention his wify backing him with her intelligible works.When both were missing.We saw LKY raw as he would be without help.Like an actress without her make up.Not ap retty sight.

hahahaha..good description!! that's the true LKY?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very insightful. Good work again, Nice Gook. Indeed, many of my contemporaries who are on "the inside" told me that it is really Kwa Geok Choo who made the man. Not only him but their children as well. It is said it was the wife who had planned and strategised and time LHL entry into politics and becoming the PM eventually. Even her daughter coup de tat of Prof Shorvan and taking over the post was plotted by her it seems. I am also told now that she is no more around. LKY and his son LHL are pretty much very lost and putting up appearances only behind an empty shell

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very insightful. Good work again, Nice Gook. Indeed, many of my contemporaries who are on "the inside" told me that it is really Kwa Geok Choo who made the man. Not only him but their children as well. It is said it was the wife who had planned and strategised and time LHL entry into politics and becoming the PM eventually. Even her daughter coup de tat of Prof Shorvan and taking over the post was plotted by her it seems. I am also told now that she is no more around. LKY and his son LHL are pretty much very lost and putting up appearances only behind an empty shell

yes, lky looks lost and disoriented

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
After so many years than he know that the salary policy is wrong, WTF

Actually to LKY, he still doesn't think it is wrong. It's because of the poor showing in the last GE where Ministers' pay was identified to be a source of anger among voters, that LHL has no choice but to address. I believe if LKY is still in charge, he would have stuck to the policy as he's not one who will ever admit he's wrong. To him he can't be wrong as he's God.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

I heard from some fly sitting on the wall;that the Madam Kwa kept a very tight reign over our judiciary.That she kept secret files on every judges known.This is quite critical.Because in a democracy an independent judiciary can interfere with how a government is governed.Even in pseudo democracy like Malaysia !

I don't know whether you are aware that one Tunku Razaleigh ,the vice president of UMNO was giving a tough time to Dr.Mahathir.Dr.M won UMNO presidency by a thin margin over Razalieigh.Razaleigh went to the court and the whole UMNO was declared illegal.Along with it billions of assets it owned were frozen.Imagine that happening in Singapore.

Hence a very tight control over our judiciary was exercised .