• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ministers' salaries to BE Cut By 36 to 53%

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that's approved, it goes to show that LKY and the PAP were wrong to pay obscene salaries all these years.

I hope the pap learns from this and review some other policies which Singaporeans have been voicing out to them. One of the main feedbacks is that the liberal influx of cheap foreign workers is a wrong policy. Will the pap listen, eat humble pie and reverse/rescind it?

What other policies are wrong?

1. NS for locals, jobs for foreigners?
2. High cost of living?
3. High taxes/levies but disguised under low income tax to fool Singaporeans?
4. High petrol tax resulting in high transportation cost?
5. No minimum wage for Singaporeans despite high inflation rate?
6. Social engineering by limiting MBBS capacity?
7. Artificially inflated high medical cost?
8. Refusal to return CPF monies to Singaporeans?
9. Chase for GDP growth at all expense?
10.Unable to get cheap foreign labour to immerse into SG society thereby causing social friction?
11.Cronysim/despotism?
12.Lack of transparency/accoubtability?

Let's hope pap looks into many other policies

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They were bench marked to the top 6 earners in Singapore. Now they have problems communicating with them according to one of the ministers.
Who was that minister?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They were bench marked to the top 6 earners in Singapore. Now they have problems communicating with them according to one of the ministers.
Who was that minister?

It was not said by a minister..It was said by a b.lls carrier pap MP. It only shows how these b.lls carrier mp are willing to go down to to please their masters. Totally shameless

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
The devil is in the details.Let's wait and see.

I speculate the whole exercise is to play to the international gallery.Because I once watched a couple of CNN newscasters making a remark about our PM's obscene salary with a smirk.I figure Singapore must be the butt of jokes among the international community over ministers pay as our infamous ban on chewing gum.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I speculate the whole exercise is to play to the international gallery.Because I once watched a couple of CNN newscasters making a remark about our PM's obscene salary with a smirk.I figure Singapore must be the butt of jokes among the international community over ministers pay as our infamous ban on chewing gum.

This whole saga is good for Singapore. It's an indictment of LKY and PAP's thinking and sense of governance. Even with a 36 to 53% cut, it's still obscene by any measure. This cut shows that Gerard has no courage and dare not offend LKY. If the cut is too deep , it will slap LKY too hard. But the review is definitely not deep enough. So will there be another review a few years down the road? when LKY is gone? Maybe in 2015 in time for GE 2016? Regardless, Singaporeans must remember how the pap squeezed Singaporeans despite strong objections

Last edited:

RandomMonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no point if you cut their pay by 36% but give them transportation/expense allowance of 40%

Let's wait and see whether this is real or just a wayang

And I agree that those appointed before May 2011 must also be made to return a portion of their pay

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
This whole saga is good for Singapore. It's an indictment of LKY and PAP's thinking and sense of governance. Even with a 36 to 53% cut, it's still obscene by any measure. This cut shows that Gerard has no courage and dare not offend LKY. If the cut is too deep , it will slap LKY too hard. But the review is definitely not deep enough. So will there be another review a few years down the road? when LKY is gone? Maybe in 2015 in time for GE 2016? Regardless, Singaporeans must remember how the pap squeezed Singaporeans despite strong objections

Well articulated.The crack is showing .If we only can keep on hammering --PAP may keel over.The ball is in citizens court to use social medias and continue to keep the pressure up.Hence,the representation for the 40% we do not have in our pseudo parliament is very well ours through social medias.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no point if you cut their pay by 36% but give them transportation/expense allowance of 40%

Let's wait and see whether this is real or just a wayang

That's what I said.Knowing PAP,it is certain it will circumvent it.

For example,a minister can hold 2 portfolios and draw 2 salaries.

And that the ministers without portfolios are never addressed too.Like the clown zorro minister for instance.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Key point to note:

The agenda seems to be "Singapore centric" now. That's what the media is spinning, that they are adjusting the benchmarks to take the well-being of Singaporeans into account rather than just GDP growth.

Good direction, and clearly shows they have been paying attention to alternative media and SBF.

The cuts are also deep enough for propaganda purposes, but just short of being too deep as to end up hurting their own egos and pocketbooks.

Looks like GG found the right balance and found the right message to deliver. Singapore centric. Will go a long way to pacifying frayed nerves and calming dissent from some quarters.

My God. In past, what were they? Self-centric and foreigner centric?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well articulated.The crack is showing .If we only can keep on hammering --PAP may keel over.The ball is in citizens court to use social medias and continue to keep the pressure up.Hence,the representation for the 40% we do not have in our pseudo parliament is very well ours through social medias.

There are many wrong PAP policies and doings. We need to persevere and rally our points. Keep hammering and dont give up. I like what some Opoosition parties are doing. If pap is wrong, it is wrong. Dont give up just because the pap has endurance because of its size. The foreigners first policy is definitely wrong and a major policiy error. We must fight this together against the pap until they succumb.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's what I said.Knowing PAP,it is certain it will circumvent it.

For example,a minister can hold 2 portfolios and draw 2 salaries.

And that the ministers without portfolios are never addressed too.Like the clown zorro minister for instance.

Again, everything must be above board. Ministers holding two portfolios get one salary, not two.

Ministers without portfolio is an abuse of the system. Is that appoinment part of the PM Office Manpower Establishment? If not, no man shd be appointed to a non established post...Otherwise total abuse of authority

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are many wrong PAP policies and doings. We need to persevere and rally our points. Keep hammering and dont give up. I like what some Opoosition parties are doing. If pap is wrong, it is wrong. Dont give up just because the pap has endurance because of its size. The foreigners first policy is definitely wrong and a major policiy error. We must fight this together against the pap until they succumb.

Tracy,

You can only fight the PAP if you have Parliamentary power or the potential to seize such power. Online discourse can only go so far as to make people aware and highlight the rot that is going on in Singapore. We need people to take these ideas that we've spun and turn them into something that is vote winning.

Only when the seats start to fall then there can be a genuine dialogue between state and citizens.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Key point to note:

The agenda seems to be "Singapore centric" now. That's what the media is spinning, that they are adjusting the benchmarks to take the well-being of Singaporeans into account rather than just GDP growth.

Good direction, and clearly shows they have been paying attention to alternative media and SBF.

The cuts are also deep enough for propaganda purposes, but just short of being too deep as to end up hurting their own egos and pocketbooks.

Looks like GG found the right balance and found the right message to deliver. Singapore centric. Will go a long way to pacifying frayed nerves and calming dissent from some quarters.

My God. In past, what were they? Self-centric and foreigner centric?

Good first step...At least LHL admits that Ministers salary is wrong. Let's see where he goes from here.

The PAP should be afraid of Singaporeans. Singaporeans hold the power, not the pap.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tracy,

You can only fight the PAP if you have Parliamentary power or the potential to seize such power. Online discourse can only go so far as to make people aware and highlight the rot that is going on in Singapore. We need people to take these ideas that we've spun and turn them into something that is vote winning.

Only when the seats start to fall then there can be a genuine dialogue between state and citizens.

The Opposition cant get into Parliament if we dont speak up and exercise our votes wisely. This is the means to the end

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LKY was so naive! A UK politician sarcastically commented that he wished UK Ministers could have SG Ministers' pay. And LKY thought that it was a compliment:rolleyes: How naive of LKY, not to appreciate and sense UK humour and sarcasm

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY was so naive! A UK politician sarcastically commented that he wished UK Ministers could have SG Ministers' pay. And LKY thought that it was a compliment:rolleyes: How naive of LKY, not to appreciate and sense UK humour and sarcasm
how cum u oso so naive ... cannot appreciate n sense ah u's humor n sarcasm? ... :eek: