• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MAS - CPF Monies Safe, Will be paid back

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Business Times - 12 Aug 2011

All CPF monies safe, will be paid back: MOF By CONRAD TAN

(SINGAPORE) The Republic's Central Provident Fund (CPF) savings are backed by the full resources of the Singapore government, which has far more assets than liabilities and can fulfil its obligations easily, the Ministry of Finance (MOF) has said in an update on its website.

'All CPF monies are safe,' MOF said, in its answers to frequently asked questions on the protection of Singapore's reserves. 'CPF monies are invested in bonds that are issued and guaranteed by the Singapore government. The full resources of the government are backing this guarantee that CPF monies will be paid back.'

The government's assets 'far exceed its liabilities' - including its CPF liabilities, it added.

'There is no net government debt. Singapore is in fact a net creditor country, not a debtor country.'

None of the funds raised from the government's borrowing are for spending; in fact, under the Constitution, the government cannot spend money that it raises from selling debt securities, MOF said.

'All borrowing proceeds are therefore invested. The investment returns are more than sufficient to cover the debt servicing costs.'

The government's strong reserves position is illustrated by the investment returns that are made available for spending on the government budget, MOF said.

That net investment returns contribution, as it is known, is currently about $7 billion each year.

That contribution is drawn from returns on the government's net assets - after deducting all its liabilities, including CPF monies - not gross assets, MOF said.

That means that the government's net assets produce 'significant returns', it added.

'It should be further noted that, as stipulated in the Constitution, the net investment returns contribution recorded in the government budget only comprises up to 50 per cent of the returns earned on the reserves.

'If the government's assets had not been adequate to meet its liabilities, there would be no contribution from the investment returns on reserves in the government budget.'

Copyright © 2010 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ministry of Flies is saying that, all our fears is not true, and the fears that they had been placing ( or lending or..) funds with you know who, a name I can not mention for long term investment ( aks punting) is unfounded.

We all can sleep peacefully tonight!:biggrin:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told this official message is to pacify FTs only; that contribute to CPF.

Seems some FTs have cold feet and begin to ask questions. i wonder what these FTs know that we do not.

S'pore citizens please wait long long and see minimum sums and withdrawal age goes up and up.:oIo:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't trust gov/PAP.
There are some point not match what gov said
1. Why keep on increase min sum
2. Why keep on increase age to withdraw the CPF money
3. Why Temasek need to sell bond at 5% interest if CPF have money Temasek can loan money from CPF at 4% interest will benefit CPF and Temasek. How many time Temasek selling bond?
4. Why sell of Electric Power Plant? Electric rate did come down also.
5. Selling one by by state property but they money still not enough that we need 7% GST.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its like a con man telling you that your money is safe before swindling you high and dry...

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't trust gov/PAP.
There are some point not match what gov said
1. Why keep on increase min sum
2. Why keep on increase age to withdraw the CPF money
3. Why Temasek need to sell bond at 5% interest if CPF have money Temasek can loan money from CPF at 4% interest will benefit CPF and Temasek. How many time Temasek selling bond?
4. Why sell of Electric Power Plant? Electric rate did come down also.
5. Selling one by by state property but they money still not enough that we need 7% GST.

can i said one thing, They BO LUI liao.....
Have u guys ever wonder, why usd/sgd so strong recently? from maybe 1.25 - 1.21...

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reposting the information from the other thread here. I am sharing information I found when I did some research on the National reserves.

SG public debt is about +/- our GDP roughly $290 billion
100% of that debt is CPF
SG reserves(MAS, GIC, Temasek Holdings) combine value is estimated at $1 Trillion. Anyone of them will be able to pay your CPF money with no issue.

Why am I the only ones anyone ever ask for a source, pple who pull bullshit out their ass with very dubious claims gets away with it

SG Public debt - This one is easy enough to find if U google, this link is good coz it describe where the public debt comes from
http://www.indexmundi.com/singapore/public_debt.html

SG National Reserves - the million dollar question. I am taking an estimate from an article posted in this forum before, I can't find it right now but I will post it when I do. We can however draw some conclusion on how much the national reserves consist of by looking at some of the components

We know for certain the major components of the reserves are the Investment companies, GIC and Temasek Holdings and the Foreign Reserves controlled by MAS

There is also another component in the reserves which we always never look into which is the Land and Buildings owned by the government. GCT's excuse for not giving OCT the full value of the national reserves was also because of this part, impossible to valuate the Land and Buildings

Temasek - $193B http://www.temasek.com.sg/media_centre_news_releases_070711.htm

MAS Foreign Reserves - Either $288/$225B(2 figures in there the 2nd one is the official one. Dun ask me why I don't know) http://www.mas.gov.sg/data_room/reserves_statistics/Official_Foreign_Reserves.html

GIC - 247.5B http://www.swfinstitute.org/fund-rankings/

How much MAS and Temasek Holdings is worth is no secret. They publish their statement every year. Go to their website. No need to go to international source coz all the international source also use their website. Despite the ongoing complain about Temasek not being open enough, the problem was never how much it is worth it's how the company manage it's money in detail

GIC is the only dubious one, no one knows the actual value of GIC except the government. Any value U find is going to be an estimate. In which case someone doing research can probably add 2 and 2 together on all the GIC made investment and come up with a fairly accurate value

The article I read probably added all the components together including their estimates of the land and buildings and add it up to 1 trillion. In any case the national reserves without those already far exceeds the "CPF debt". The known ones, Temasek and MAS already more then covers most debt

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Billions of $$$ was lost by Ms. Ho & yet she's still in charge of Temasek. Could it be because there are no other Lees that could be trusted to keep the secret of how empty the CPF coffers is:confused:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with fresh mandate, pap feel no need for strong sing dollar to ward off inflation. u die your biz..

It is more 'blood' to suck, the 'blood bank' is open, 24/365!!. Where in the world, can any government get their hands on such, limitless cheap funds!!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't believe a single drivel out of this statement.

I will only believe it when my OA and SA and Medisave can be taken out ANY time I want and invested in any place I like.

Until then its just a statement account I get bi-annually. For all I know CPF is just one big Ponzi scheme.