• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
So close to a dream draw result last night.
A lucky win for Liverpoo with the ref's help in regards to Lampar's red card. I still reckon chelski will finish above Liverpoo in 2nd place.

Luckypool will stumble again, that much i will guarantee you.
Come March 14th, we show them what it takes to be League champs by smashing them at Old Trafford.
Then its bye,bye scousers
and hello 18th RECORD-EQUALLING premier title,what more can a Red Devils fan want.

Big deal - Liverpool achieved that 18 years ago. :biggrin:

And we are 5 times European Champions - beat that suckers!!!!

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are World Club Champions. The best in the world. what have you to say, noob?

Hahaha - "best in the word" can't beat Liverpool at Anfield :p

Anyway i'm not here to start a verbal war ... just to see what you guys are talking about.

Sorry for intruding in your tread.

May the best team win this season!

:biggrin:

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha - "best in the word" can't beat Liverpool at Anfield :p

Anyway i'm not here to start a verbal war ... just to see what you guys are talking about.

Sorry for intruding in your tread.

May the best team win this season!

:biggrin:

hahahaha who is liverpool? can't even beat an Everton team without strikers in Goodison Park? you cannot afford a war....go back to your thread (and not tread but do tread wisely from now on) to lick your wounds...pls remember to put your tail between your legs when you go....thank you.....

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tonight's game away to the Hammers is a big one for us. A win from such a difficult fixture with a lot of pressure would be huge and would send a message for Liverpoo that whatever they do,
they'll always be below us in the league table.

West Ham 0 Red Devils 3

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Massive victory for United.Let's see if they can repeat it at Craven Cottage. If United go on to retain their EPL title, credit must surely go to the senior players- Giggs, Scholes and Gary Neville for their exemplary leadership, imagination and hardwork.:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Massive victory for United....If United go on to retain their EPL title, credit must surely go to the senior players- Giggs, Scholes and Gary Neville for their exemplary leadership, imagination and hardwork.
Vintage giggsy. As Fergie put it (courtesy BBC extract headliner: he was calm after victory):

But Ferguson said: "Mistakes can be made - we had an 11 point lead over Arsenal in 1998 and lost the league, so we are not counting our chickens.

"We shouldn't either because this game can come and bite you."

It looked at one stage that they would only secure a point at Upton Park until Giggs cut in from the left, drifting past two West Ham's players, before firing past Robert Green.

It was the Welshman's first goal of the campaign and maintained his record of scoring in every Premier League season.

"I am searching my memory bank for the last time Ryan scored with his right foot," said Ferguson. "I think it was against Coventry 12 years ago

CNY_OX09

Alfrescian
Loyal
it seems that Man Utd is becoming the Arsenal of 80's under George Graham and Chelsea under Jose.
but it does not matter much,at the end of the match,it is the 3 points that count.
how you get it and how you do it,not so important.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
it seems that Man Utd is becoming the Arsenal of 80's under George Graham and Chelsea under Jose.
but it does not matter much,at the end of the match,it is the 3 points that count.
how you get it and how you do it,not so important.

I dun think they are anywhere like the teams under Graham and Jose. The 1-0 scorelines are an indication that teams playing United adopt an ultra defensive strategy(home or away) and it is extremely difficult to break down.
Set pieces will be key to United's progression in the league and cup competition.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..1-0 scorelines are an indication that teams playing United adopt an ultra defensive strategy(home or away) and it is extremely difficult to break down. Set pieces will be key to United's progression in the league and cup competition.
Like parking the proverbial bus sometimes. Need some moments of magic ad brilliance:p:biggrin:

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Football: United stroll into FA Cup quarter-finalsPosted: 16 February 2009 0308 hrs

phpAUTlEg.jpg

LONDON : Manchester United's bid for a remarkable haul of five trophies in one season remains on course after Sunday's 4-1 win over Derby in the FA Cup fifth round.

Having already won the Club World Cup in December, Sir Alex Ferguson's side sit top of the Premier League, face Tottenham in the League Cup final and take on Inter Milan in the Champions League second round.

Now they are through to the FA Cup quarter-finals as well thanks to goals from Nani, Darron Gibson, Cristiano Ronaldo and Danny Welbeck at Pride Park.

Ferguson made seven changes to the side that won at West Ham last weekend, but that was little encouragement for their Championship opponents as United's starting line-up still included Ronaldo, Rio Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs.

United were took the lead in the 29th minute when Giggs slipped a pass to Nani on the edge of the Derby area. The Portuguese winger cut inside and lashed a superb strike past Stephen Bywater.

Gibson added a second goal in the 44th minute when he volleyed home from Ronaldo's deflected free-kick.

Ronaldo got on the scoresheet himself three minutes into the the second half with a powerful header from Giggs' corner.

Miles Addison's 56th minute header was no consolation for Nigel Clough's Derby, who also lost to United in the League Cup semi-final earlier this season, and highly-rated young winger Welbeck curled home a sublime fourth in the 81st minute.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wooooohooooo now 5 points ahead!
After tonight's game against Blackburn, it will be......8 points ahead!
Red Devils 3 Blackburn 0
Finally it will put an end to those nonsense coming from the mouth of scouser supporters proclaiming,
"This will be their year" Ptui!!

Last edited:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liverpoo fans at the Nov/Dec08 stage of the season - 'It's on, this is definitely our year.
No seriously, it's DEFINITELY OUR season.
The league is what we really want.

Whahaha, 7pts behind and growing bigger by the week!

Attachments

• Man u laughing.jpg
    Man u laughing.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 103

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look, even the Liverpoo players have surrendered the league title with their hands behind their heads expressions!!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• surrender.jpg
    surrender.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 103

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Premier League champions

Season

Winner

1992/93
Manchester United

1993/94
Manchester United

1994/95
Blackburn Rovers

1995/96
Manchester United

1996/97
Manchester United

1997/98
Arsenal

1998/99
Manchester United

1999/2000
Manchester United

2000/01
Manchester United

2001/02
Arsenal

2002/03
Manchester United

2003/04
Arsenal

2004/05
Chelsea

2005/06
Chelsea

2006/07
Manchester United

2007/08
Manchester United

And of course
2008/09
Champions-Elect
Manchester United

How come no mention of the so-called most sucessful team in Britain Liverpoo in this list?:rolleyes:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beckham 'Can't Wait' For ManU-Inter Clash
David Beckham has spoken about his excitement ahead of his former club's Champions League tie with Inter this week.
Feb 23, 2009
David Beckham attended Manchester United's training session in Milan the San Siro earlier, ahead of their Champions League match-up with Inter tomorrow night, and spoke about the massive sense of anticipation he is feeling prior to the tie, even though he is not playing.
"I can't wait," the England midfielder told Manchester United's official website. "I haven't been to many United games since I left so as soon as this match was announced I looked to see if I was still going to be in Milan when it would be played.
"I'm so excited about it, but it's also a great opportunity to see the likes of Rio [Ferdinand], Wazza [Wayne Rooney] and, of course, Giggsy [Ryan Giggs] and Scholesy [Paul Scholes] who I haven't seen for a while.
It's a match between two of the biggest clubs in the world and two great teams who are both in top form, so it's got the makings of a fantastic game. Both managers are so experienced so technically and tactically I'm sure it'll be a very tight contest."
The iconic midfielder went on to reiterate his undying loyalty as a supporter of Manchester United, and expressed hopes that they could go on and capture a historic 'quadruple' of trophies.
"Oh yes, I've been a United fan all and always will be," he continued. "I've still got friends in the team who I played with at Old Trafford and still play with for England. So I always follow how they're doing.
"I really hope they'll win every one of them. It would be amazing if they could. It was a fantastic achievement when we won the Treble in '99 and for them to be involved in four competitions this season is brilliant - as a player there's nothing better than that. Hopefully they can do it."
As for the key to beating Inter, Beckham felt that it might well be to stop their deadly front two of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Adriano from performing at their best.
"Inter have got top players throughout their team, but, yes, the two forwards are the players who can cause the most problems," Beckham explained.
"But United have got great defenders and don't forget, Inter will also be worried about the players United have got in attack."
With all the talk of 'quadruples' and 'domestic clean sweeps' that's currently doing the rounds, Beckham also felt that the current United team was every beat as good as the one with which he won a famous 'treble' in 1999.
"Yes definitely," he affirmed. "It's so strong all the way through from the goalkeeper to the strikers. It's an amazing squad of players and I'm sure they'll go on to achieve great things."
200902240502346c65c.jpg

52T2FP3800BV0005.jpg

52T2FS0B00BV0005.jpg

52T2FRCH00BV0005.jpg

52T2FPJI00BV0005.jpg

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, they should sell Ronaldo for a price that can buy fresh talents and gifted strikers.

Look at what Arsene Wenger did for Arsenal to some rough diamonds like Cesc Fab and Theirry Henry, though I dislike Arsenal thoroughly.

I wished Arsenal another Arse - anal season :biggrin: and the ass luck to arsenal fans

And ManUtd 4 Ever the best supported club in Europe and Asia may be in future the rest of the world.

Yeah, an ARSE club named Arse-Anal,
and managed by an arrogant frenchie,
named Arse-ne Wenger -- any co-incidence that so
many prefix "Arse" in their names?