• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysians tell sinkies to fuck off from JB

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
M'sians have a right to be upset about S'poreans buying petrol in JB
20101121.100552_101121-petrol.jpg

Just as a child has to let go of his toys one day, a country has to give up certain things as it matures.

Other people may have had a box or a cupboard, but I had a good old-fashioned toy chest under the stairs.

Over the years the collection grew, and some of my fondest childhood memories were of playing with my Six Million Dollar Man action figure and his bionic arm, or scoping out the living room plains with my Lone Ranger doll, complete with his trusty steed Silver and loyal companion Tonto.

But one day, after I came back home from boarding school, I made a horrendous discovery: my mother had donated my toy chest to an orphanage. I was close to tears. After all, they were my toys. I had played with them, I had grown up with them.

It's not a million miles away from seeing Malaysians complaining about losing their RON95 petrol when its sold to foreigners in Johor.

After all, it's our petrol.

We pay taxes, and that subsidy comes out of our government's coffers and those people over the causeway don't deserve it!

I tried to estimate how many Singaporeans would be buying our petrol in a year, and it ends up being a huge number.

My rough estimate is that tens of millions of ringgit of subsidy are lost annually as a result (I would be interested to know how near this is to the actual number).

Nevertheless, this is still less than one per cent of the RM10bil (S$4.6 billion) or so that the government estimates it will spend in fuel subsidies this year.

Nevertheless, theft is theft, and Malaysians have a right to be upset about this, either at a table with teh tarik in hand or in their letters to the news papers.

However, sometimes I wonder what the rakyat are really thinking about.

After the recent five-sen price hike of RON97 petrol, I read in the papers about somebody fretting that he would have to sell off his 3.5-litre Nissan Fairlady if the cost of fuelling it became too hard to bear.

"I am already spending RM150 (S$62) for a full tank ... That means ... RM1,200 (S$499) spent on petrol in a month," the person was quoted as saying.

The maths is not difficult.

A five-sen hike would mean that this man would have to spend an extra RM30 (S$12) a month.

Over the year, this would indeed become a significant burden, on top of the RM4,000 (S$1,664) plus he already has to pay for road tax.

I suppose if money is getting tight, selling his car second-hand would raise an extra RM200,000, (S$83,190) which could help him balance his budget.

I think he'll manage to find RM360 (S$150) from somewhere.

Of course, I'm sure he'll point out that he's not worried about this five-sen hike, but the next one, and the next one after that.

My advice to him would be this: The government has given fair warning that the price of RON97 will now change to reflect current market value.

Bearing in mind that all our neighbours (except Brunei) are paying more for their RON95 than we are for our RON97 (the cheapest is about RM4.10 (S$1.7) in Thailand), I think it would be prudent for him to expect prices to increase to that level.

Those of us who use RON95 are, of course, not worried about this - yet.

But the question that must be asked is: Why are Malaysians so upset when efforts are made to move the price of petrol back to the world market value?

The usual answers would be that "we are already paying a lot of tax for cars", or the government is not efficient (or corrupt) when to comes to spending our tax money.

On the latter, I would say that the problem of fixing government corruption is a separate issue altogether from an inefficient petrol subsidy.

As for the former, I would say it's possible to get a very fuel-efficient car in Malaysia these days for only RM139,900 (S$57,817) on-the-road; it comes with a CD player, too.

I think that at the root of it all, Malaysians have a misplaced sense of entitlement.

We think we deserve cheap petrol because that's what we've been getting for as far back as we can remember.

It's like a child who's had these amazing toys for almost all his life, and then not getting them any more.

And the government is correct in trying to fix this problem.

How do you get rid of a child's bad habits?

First and foremost, you can prevent bad behaviour by forcing it on the child - like the way the costlier RON97 has been forced on us.

But in the long term, there needs to be a change in attitude - the child must mature.

I don't know if this is the case, but I wonder if the government is trying to show us the true value of petrol by putting right in our face the ever-widening gap between RON95 and RON97?

Eventually, the price of petrol in Malaysia must rise (if only because we will become a net importer of oil in the next decade).

It's hard when we lose something we think we deserve in the first place, so it has to be forced upon us.

I know I am like that myself.

One of my toys that escaped the expurgated chest was a toy ambulance.

Right now, it's sitting on top of my cupboard in plain sight, so I know where it is at all times.

But one day, a child may ask me for my beloved ambulance - and I will be ready to let go of it.

-The Star/Asia News Network

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the same breath, Malaysians shouldn't seek job opportunities in Singapore as they contributed nothing to the security or stability of this country but yet come in hordes to take away jobs from Singaporeans only to bring their money back to enrich their own country.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The numskull totally forgotten about how much SGreans spend in Johor making it one of the most developed state in Malaysia

For the record
Johor Bahru is within walking distance from Singapore, and receives 49.9% of the country's annual 22.5 million foreign tourists via its bridges and road links to Singapore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johor_Bahru

Last edited:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Erhm, the majority of the article was talking about removing fuel subsidy. The JB part is very minor leh.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
come on lah..even without the subsidy, Singkeys will still go and pump by virtue of the stronger Sink dollar.

The writer knows very well why the subsidies are in place LOL...to facilitate the otherwise poor farmers.

Unless they enforce the ruling that no Sinky cars can pump...but knowing mudland...anytink is possible...and law there is like non-existent.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the question that must be asked is: Why are Malaysians so upset when efforts are made to move the price of petrol back to the world market value?

The usual answers would be that "we are already paying a lot of tax for cars", or the government is not efficient (or corrupt) when to comes to spending our tax money.

On the latter, I would say that the problem of fixing government corruption is a separate issue altogether from an inefficient petrol subsidy.

They should look at the cars in Singapore.

After the recent five-sen price hike of RON97 petrol, I read in the papers about somebody fretting that he would have to sell off his 3.5-litre Nissan Fairlady if the cost of fuelling it became too hard to bear.

"I am already spending RM150 (S$62) for a full tank ... That means ... RM1,200 (S$499) spent on petrol in a month," the person was quoted as saying.

What the frak this guy is driving? I only fill up to full tank every 2 weeks. And I drive to work everyday.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the frak this guy is driving? I only fill up to full tank every 2 weeks. And I drive to work everyday.

Ooi, your condo is at Ardmore Park and your office is at Scotts road of course la you fill up every 2 weeks :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ooi, your condo is at Ardmore Park and your office is at Scotts road of course la you fill up every 2 weeks :smile:

No lah, my house at Bexley North, my Office in North Ryde lah, 25km 1 way, 50km a day, 250km + 50km for weekends a week... 600km for 2 weeks loh.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Malaysian has duly informed that he does know calculation,great.

I only wish to out out that they are also doing this THEFT in Thailand,so it seems the Thais have not mastered calculation.

The great master of calculation is PAP of Singapore,of course Malaysians learn faster becuase of nerer distance compared to Thailand.

In due course,in due course..

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fxxking shit... I scanned thru the article but kept seeing something about "toys". That is so reflective of the childish mentality of the dumbfucks.

I am a Malaysian driving a SG plate car. I pump RON-97 although i can pump 95. It's their own decision, they can chose to set whatever rule they want and just live the consequences.

Blady whiners.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malaysian Government should just raised the fuel price to international level and just remove the tax on cars on the same time. This way if you want to drive, pay the price of fuel. If you want to own a car, no problem. If not people just KpKb all the time.

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malaysian Government should just raised the fuel price to international level and just remove the tax on cars on the same time. This way if you want to drive, pay the price of fuel. If you want to own a car, no problem. If not people just KpKb all the time.

The M'sian govt is STUPID. one time they increased fuel prices, and everything including bus fares also increased, they[M'sian govt] subsidized car owners while leaving public commuters[people who really [COLOR="_______"]NEED[/COLOR] subsidies] dry, end up paying more on the little that they[people without cars] have; i think these people are still quiet about it or maybe they do not know that they are being short charged.
unlike lky's son's govt, always have a thought @ heart for the poor- each time increase gst is to help the poor.

Last edited:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this guy is damn naive in his thoughts. First of all, Singaporeans don't pump Ron95 when they are in Malaysia, even if they allowed to. They pump V-power.

He also ignore the fact that Johore Bahru practically live on the spending power of Singapore, he has forgotten of how many Johoreans actually took long queue to cross the border every day to work and earn from Singaporeans. Everytime when Singaporeans go into Johore, they are not spending RM20-30 but hundreds for purchase of stuffs from food to clothings.

In fact, Johore Bahru is as good as dead without Singapore. And now he wants to kill the goose who lay the golden eggs?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things in JB is not cheap. 1 packet of mee cost around RM5. It around S$2.50. U look at the rental and the wages they pay to the worker. You know we have been MAKAN !

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN... how to have sympathy for this kind of remark??:oIo:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Things in JB is not cheap. 1 packet of mee cost around RM5. It around S$2.50. U look at the rental and the wages they pay to the worker. You know we have been MAKAN !

$5 RM is for food court or town area. What do you in the mee? :wink:

Most coffee shops are still at $3-4 RM and within one's own neighbourhood, you can still find breakfast places selling food at $2-3 RM.