• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysians tell sinkies to fuck off from JB

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow, you certainly sound out of touch with both JB and Singapore.

Tell me where to find these "dumb Singaporeans" who believe in your attap houses story, would like to swindle some money out of them.

I was under the impression Pulai Springs would be nice and posh. I even considered buying a unit at the Perdana Fairway bungalows. When i visited the place i was stunned at how run down it was!

I heard so much about how dangerous it is in JB. I moved to live in JB because i did not believe the news about how dangerous JB is. The truth is somewhat in between - not as bad as in the news, but there is CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER... wait... its HIDDEN as well... many places in JB look modern and peaceful and safe... until crime strikes you

Having a lot of negative relatives didn't help our move here more than a year ago. There are really still a lot of people who think the houses we stay in for JB are all run down and lined with leaves. My relatives exclaimed, "wow tiled roofs" when they saw our place, not kidding here. Though some are rich and haughty as they are, unfortunately most have never been away from our little island.

As for crime, we have friends who are so worried about our safety, some even asked us to leave a JB number in case. Safety is relative, just be smart, be aware of your surroundings, lock your door when stopping at unknown place or if you have to wait. I was amongst the greatest sceptic of them all, just have this to say, go and see for yourself.

Crime is everywhere, not limited by country or state, just need to maintain vigilance. Don't travel at night if you can avoid it and always have something legal like a long steering lock in your car. Not to actually bang someone on the head but for the deterence value. Always get something you can handle though and not too big or cumbersome.

Don't be afraid to use your car horn and high beam if need be and if you are walking alone and sense danger, kick the nearest car, in fact, kick several so that the car alarm in one will be activated.

Avoid Johor Jaya, Tun Aminah, Taman Sentosa areas in the evening. Rest of the areas, normally should be fine(but never let your guard down). With the increases in road blocks, etc, i can actually see a lot more people out and about in the parks nearby, even flying kites in some of the fields till late. I saw businesses opening later now with 24 hour clinics and coffeeshops opening around.

All these were rare a year ago.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Surprisingly, if you look hard enough, there are actually a lot of people walking around here with submariners and TT or solid gold Datejusts. Well, at least recently when i started to observe.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You really got a good friend there but kudos to you for having the guts to take the plunge. Its not something that everyone has as everybody's risk assessment and risk tolerance is different.

Someone once shared with me this, no guts, no glory, its better to live your life fully then living to a ripe old age in an old age home or still collecting cardbard when you are past 80.

Recently another friend of my friend bought a place nearby, his relatives home are under renovaation so now all staying at his place(just done up). I must say it looks grand, better than mine for sure! :smile: