• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LTA Sleeping - More and More Cars With Dark Tinted Windows

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't even see the driver's face these days. LTA sleeping. Typical complacency and rot creeping into our
system thanks to people who don't know what's happening on the ground.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Can't even see the driver's face these days. LTA sleeping. Typical complacency and rot creeping into our

What's wrong with having a bit of privacy? :rolleyes:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wait unitl Harry Lee pull aside one of these tainted window vehicle..he will pee in his pants thinking the assassin is behind these windows,

I am saying this because I remember my place where the overhead bridge is padded with advertisement board..He feared sniper hiding behind and ordered all future overhead bridges railings to be left uncovered..i.e his men can have an open view who is there.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am one of those whose car has dark tinted windows. Although not like those cars from M'sia, some of which are practically pitch black.

When I brought in my car for window tinting, the main consideration was heat rejection and aesthetic. It's ridiculous to have the front like 75% and back 90% tinted because the end result is awful. It disrupt the natural flow which car designers had so painstakingly designed.

So I settled for a compromise and tinting my windows front 85% and back 85%, which is illegal by LTA standard (at least the front is). It was money well spent as the car remains relatively cool even parked under the hot sun for some time. (p.s. the % numbers are guesstimate, as I don't bother to remember such ratings. I only know my tinting is illegal that's all).

So far I had no issues with law enforcer, but when my car reaches 3 years old and have to be brought in for inspection, that's probably where the problem starts.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You will not have such a problem if you take a bus or drives a kap kia :biggrin:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The issue is not dark windows per se. Rather, if there are rules pertaining to the tinting of the windows and windscreens, and it does not take a rocket scientist to even start knowing which cars are too dark, what are the cops doing?

The hidden (no pun intended) dangers include people who text and use their mobiles while driving knowing that their indiscretions cannot be easily seen.

And the Malaysian cars, let us not even go into it - apart from their almost opaque windows/windscreens, their small type-size number plates are common sight in Singapore. Why are foreign cars allowed to flout our rules when SG cars are not allowed even to have a small Euro logo on theirs?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tinted glass (anything above 50%) is hazardous when driving at night.
Should not even allow in the first place. This is another half fucked ruling when they want to relax the rules but clueless to implement consistently so you end up with a half fucked joke result....front tinted back clear LOL.
Not to mention too lazy to enforce. And double standards when dealing with foreign vehicles (what else is new?).

Back then even LKY do not opt for tinted windows and the only sinkie who have them leegally was black Merc Limo car plate MID 20....passenger was Winston Choo.