• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am definitely going to try this out. To have a more accurate result, maybe I should breed some mosquitoes myself and try the before and after effect of the drink 

I bought the net from ikea Singapore. The one where you hang just above the bed? Is quite effective but I believe the weather right now is too cold for mosquito to come into the bedroom if yours is facing the golf. I have five fans blowing at the ceiling to cool the room. Don't buy any of baygon gadgets they are useless.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personal opinion: the best south Indian food we have found is at Novenna's in distant Saleng. Exceptional.

Closer to 'home' is the 24/7, the Syeed on the corner of the block that houses Maybank has excellent naans, of which we prefer the garlic naan, studded with bits of garlic, in case you prefer just a hint. Fish curry gravy goes extremely well with it and the dhall offered.

Thanks for that, mallow. Which Maybank is this?

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi ...first impressions may not be reliable...best to go to a place a few times to confirm if you really like it ...and at different times of a day.

Read everything here with a pinch of salt. Judge for yourself based on your lifestyle, taste and financial situation.

Thanks checkers, will do that. Odyssey's recent purchase has convinced me not to wait anymore as well. Time to email and call all the agents there now!

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks skippy, hope everything will go well too. Do take care, it must be a tough time, jiayou.
A lot of niche food choices around here sometimes, we like Secret Receipe too, there is one at The Giant at Perling mall. Not many visit the place...

welcome back DA JIE,

Must really take care of your family and yourself. We can always plan a kopi session when your things are more or less settled, no rush, take it slow :biggrin:

And thanks for the constant recommendation of good food places.

Thanks Xiao Di and Bro Wuqi.... I'm praying everything will all turn out good and i'm looking forward and keeping my dad strong so that can he can shift into the new place and enjoy there.

Sometimes in life we meet different challenges... you may think it's a dead end BUT who knows... it may be a corner where things may turn out bright and good like a rest stop.

Last edited:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm also trying to keep my parents strong as that they can enjoy a relaxing life at jb during they golden years... but sometimes i felt life in jb might be abit boring for them if they were to juz stay at home and donnoe how to move ard in jb.... my parents still love to take mrt down to chinatown and lim kopi...listen to street entertainers singing old songs.... meet up with their siblings talking abt their grandchild etc etc....
i really dont know what i can offer to them living in jb....

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you on this. Without mobility, it can get boring.

They must like road trips too, to enjoy the lifestyle here.

I'm also trying to keep my parents strong as that they can enjoy a relaxing life at jb during they golden years... but sometimes i felt life in jb might be abit boring for them if they were to juz stay at home and donnoe how to move ard in jb.... my parents still love to take mrt down to chinatown and lim kopi...listen to street entertainers singing old songs.... meet up with their siblings talking abt their grandchild etc etc....

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
serai is lemon grass, you can buy them in bundle from the orang asli, or you can buy them at any of local pasar raya. cut the top green part away, wash the rest wats remaining.

pound and flatten the white stem potion, put it inside the water and boil them for like a hour to get the taste out, u can also add in some ginger as well. when its done, u can add in some sugar according to personal preference. This is bit more troublesome, the easier way is to drink the elder flower mixture.

Thanks Kenny. This would be one of the first plant I will grow in my yard - very hardy plant.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

People who are the homely sort will enjoy more ... those who love gardening , cooking nutritious food, soups and baking for the family ... , reading books, magazines and maybe watching Astro :biggrin: during weekdays

Then bring them out during weekends for groceries, breakfast and meals... :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi thanks for the reply. Had post matter to the lady but not sure what action they will take. I'm really sorry about the Botak. Did he really do that? I meant the same guy whom I met since November 2010 when I first moved in? He really did borrow $$ from resident?

Wao! he claimed to be the man by the books.

Demand that they specifically block the contractor access. The contractor will talk to the owner and the owner will then go to the township. You can get the action requested. I have talked to them but they want you to be the requestor.

Its sad though about Botak.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks checkers, will do that. Odyssey's recent purchase has convinced me not to wait anymore as well. Time to email and call all the agents there now!

Guys, bros and myself can verify Odyssey account, he really bought.
He is a real fellow Singaporean and a good bro of mine did go around
some parts with him. It always amazes me at how fast things are moving.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

You can use transport options like call a cab for them to visit some places or bring them to Desaru, Kota Tinggi.

There will be lots of theme parks and more shopping options soon and also where you are staying, you will have shops aplenty. Lots of things to do at home aside from gardening, they can go cycling, fly kites and shopping. Can also make new friends and play some cards/mahjong at home. If your dad drives, you can also get a car as cheap as 5k MYR for him to do some travelling. You can also get maps easily at Giant (2nd floor bookstore) or get cheap and good GPS units from ebay (mainly HK) with mapking maps. Lots of other choices too.

Lots of places to do fishing too if he is keen. One other option is to convince your other relatives to stay in JB as well, that way, they don't even have to travel far to see each other. Staying here is a bit far from China town but they can always use the CW3 or use a cab if need be.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
serai is lemon grass, you can buy them in bundle from the orang asli, or you can buy them at any of local pasar raya. cut the top green part away, wash the rest wats remaining.

pound and flatten the white stem potion, put it inside the water and boil them for like a hour to get the taste out, u can also add in some ginger as well. when its done, u can add in some sugar according to personal preference. This is bit more troublesome, the easier way is to drink the elder flower mixture.

Thanks for this - :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Xiao Di and Bro Wuqi.... I'm praying everything will all turn out good and i'm looking forward and keeping my dad strong so that can he can shift into the new place and enjoy there.

Sometimes in life we meet different challenges... you may think it's a dead end BUT who knows... it may be a corner where things may turn out bright and good like a rest stop.

Jiayou Skippy, you are a fillial daughter, most won't even care about their parents. I know of relatives who have 4 kids. All of them have cars and drive. Yet none of them take her out on the weekends. All these are educated people and 2 of them at least have presidential scholarships. When their mum couldn't walk and had to see doctor, my dad even had to use his car to send her.

I may not be of much help but anytime you need any advice or simply an ear, most of the bros/sisters will be glad to listen.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jiayou Skippy, you are a fillial daughter, most won't even care about their parents. I know of relatives who have 4 kids. All of them have cars and drive. Yet none of them take her out on the weekends. All these are educated people and 2 of them at least have presidential scholarships. When their mum couldn't walk and had to see doctor, my dad even had to use his car to send her.

I may not be of much help but anytime you need any advice or simply an ear, most of the bros/sisters will be glad to listen.

Some parents like to compare this child with that child and practice flavourtism. Even to the extend of pitching them against each others. The children grew up as unhappy/unsatisfied adults. They thought that they will get the best from all their children by doing so. What they did not realise is they will be the one to suffer in the end.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've read somewhere that Legoland was to be opened at 2013 instead of 2012. And the second phase after its open is to be a water-themed park. Any comment?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some parents like to compare this child with that child and practice flavourtism. They thought that they will get the best from all their children by doing so. What they did not realise is they will be the one to suffer in the end.

agreed!!! usually e most they doted on doesnt even care abt them....

Status
Not open for further replies.