• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just used this locksmith:

Simon Locksmith (www.simonlocksmith.com) friendly and professional
019 723 9698

For those living near HH, he can be there in about 20 min.
I tried another locksmith recommended by Wuqi and was referred to this one. Many locksmiths do not want to travel to HH for a small job, so simon locksmith was the one that was willing to come over.

How did he open your lock without the keys ? did he cut off the locks and you need to replace all those locks after that ?

Drops of Jupiter

Alfrescian
Loyal
How did he open your lock without the keys ? did he cut off the locks and you need to replace all those locks after that ?

The problem lock had misaligned cylinders. He simply realigned them with a narrow flat tool, then the key could open it again.
I paid 40 RM for his knowledge.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The quickest (cheapest) way is to get a water heater with pump. Another one is to get one with a large water storage tank. Yet another one is to add a pump for your 2nd floor toilet (for the shower head) The most drastic (yet not the most expensive) is to:

Get a pump supplying all the outlets in the house, mount it at your water tank on the 2nd floor. Have good amount of water for everything but you have to be careful lest you waste water. This costs about 1k plus depending on the brand of the pump and country of manufacture.

Talking about water. I know that it's not safe to drink from the tap.

Often wondered what people in JB used for water for cooking and drinking? What about washing the dishes?
Do you use a reverse osmosis system?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Often wondered what people in JB used for water for cooking and drinking? What about washing the dishes?

I drink from the tap :smile:
Ocassionally i do see rusty water then i don't drink. In India if i drink tap water i lao sai... in JB i lao sai only if i eat stingray, donno why. But water is ok.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
For bros who are into exotic animals like mongoose, snakes, iguana/lizards. There is a new shop (African Zone) right before reaching HH (on your left in the same row as the 88 coffeeshop)

Lots to see and lots to buy including skunks, prairie dogs(last one bought by a lady) and lots of hedgehogs. Good place to have a look, feels like a mini zoo.

Thanks for sharing. Went there with the kids. My eldest one was delighted. The boss is friendly and took time to explain how to handle the animals.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I drink from the tap :smile:
Ocassionally i do see rusty water then i don't drink. In India if i drink tap water i lao sai... in JB i lao sai only if i eat stingray, donno why. But water is ok.
A few years back there was a big scare of polluted water killing a number of poor souls, happened somewhere in central or northern malaysia. The incident got fellow neighbors to invest in all sorts of water filters, some the size of a man-height cylinder tank complete with pipes and taps.
for me a simple cloth filter on the kitchen basin tap is sufficient. but do boil water for drinking. So far no sickness. No need to pay for water filter to cover the whole house, only water entering my mouth may make me sick. One shortcoming is if i use the boiled tap water to make green tea, it loses taste, as the PH value is not right. Overcome by stocking a few bottles of bottled water just for green tea.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. Went there with the kids. My eldest one was delighted. The boss is friendly and took time to explain how to handle the animals.
is this a permanent shop ? What is opening day/time ? Roughly how many exotic animals there ?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought JB water is coming from the same source as PUB purifying plant in JB ?

Last edited:

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alright, it's time for a boost of confidence for all you JB property owners!

Lastest report by HwangDBS Vickers Research, also featured on The Edge (with my special highlights, of course)

After reading it, how many of you feel your spirits invigorated and wanting pop the champagne? :wink:

Btw, I just got a call from the sales from PH Imperia about 3 minutes ago. According to him 57 units have been taken up, and he has one last 3BR facing harbour on the 10th floor. Anyone interested can check it out. Sales pitch or fact, you've to decide for yourself. :smile:

A link to my Puteri Harbour post a month ago.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

I use a system that use volcanic ash to filter for the whole house for washing and another which has 6 filters for drinking water and cooking.

Personally I find that water in JB has lotsa sediments which is worse then those you get from tap water in Singapore. Proberly due to the old pipes. Better to be on the safe side.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this a permanent shop ? What is opening day/time ? Roughly how many exotic animals there ?

I should think so. It wasn't open when I was there about 10+. Went back after 11, it was open. We saw ferret, skunk, blue tongue skink, hedgehog, chamoleon, scorpion, lizards and snakes that I do not know their names. There are also some small rodent that look like small version of chinchilla, and some unusual looking frogs.

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alright, it's time for a boost of confidence for all you JB property owners!

Lastest report by HwangDBS Vickers Research, also featured on The Edge (with my special highlights, of course)

After reading it, how many of you feel your spirits invigorated and wanting pop the champagne? :wink:

Btw, I just got a call from the sales from PH Imperia about 3 minutes ago. According to him 57 units have been taken up, and he has one last 3BR facing harbour on the 10th floor. Anyone interested can check it out. Sales pitch or fact, you've to decide for yourself. :smile:

A link to my Puteri Harbour post a month ago.

Update on Resort Suites (aka The Crescent), which is next to Ujana apartments in Nusajaya:-

Received the following email from UEM Land on the launch date -25 September 2011 and the pricing - RM460.00 - RM560.00 psf!!!

Hi,

Hope this e-mail doing you fine.

Here I would like to attaché the floor plan for typical unit. Yet, we are still pending for penthouse floor plan.

For your info, we have completed show house for Type A, B & C. Feel free to view our show house.

Tentatively, we will launch our new apartment on 25th of September 2011.

Regarding on the price per sq. ft. is from RM460 – RM560 per sq. ft.

For further question, don’t hesitate to e-mail me.

'This is East Ledang. This is how living spaces should be.'

Thanks & Best Regards,

Norhaneesa Binti Che Hassan
Property Sales Executive
East Ledang
Nusajaya Centre
8, Ledang Heights
79250 Nusajaya
Johor Darul Takzim
GL: +607277 3746 / 3748
Fax : +607-277 3773
Mobile : +6017- 766 6356
Email : [email protected]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use a system that use volcanic ash to filter for the whole house for washing and another which has 6 filters for drinking water and cooking.

Personally I find that water in JB has lotsa sediments which is worse then those you get from tap water in Singapore. Proberly due to the old pipes. Better to be on the safe side.

Maybe I should clarify my question.

I was curious as to whether filtered water is used for all household uses. Such as washing the car?
Or is it limited to only water coming into human contact e.g. brushing teeth, bathing, & showering? Or is it only for cooking & washing dishes:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.