• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Tutucake, there is nothing wrong if the wife has to continue working, there are lots of womenfolk in Singapore forced to continue working. Even our PM's wife is also working (but i shall digress) Who knows, maybe your wife prefers working?

Take your time, there is no fast nor slow, no one will measure you at the end of your days by how much you earned or your title or how many houses/companies you have. Most would just write there "Cherished/Beloved Father/Mother" rather than "Feared CEO", "Director with PHD" on their tombstones. No matter how many no. 1 one have in life, at the end of the day, thats your own accomplishment and your own matter to take up with your maker. For me, i would live my life to the fullest and not be bothered too much by what people think. Everyone has different ideals for life. Some would be happy to retire at age 20, some at age 45 and some would rather never retire at all.

I am more than happy to see my son be last place if thats what suits him, there is no right or wrong in this world, thinking and justification makes it so i guess. I would encourage him to do his best but if he is meant to be a beach bum, so be it. At least he will have a couple of houses to live off.
My kids can do anything but only 3 things in life they can't,

1. Never do anything that makes you or others unhappy for the sake of material or advantageous gains
2. Never betray the trust of people who put their faith and trust in you for once gone, its irretrievable.
3. Never touch anything that may potentially control you, you are not as good or immune as you think*
*(Refers to spirits/gambling/smoking)

As an aside:
I will also tell my kids to be honest with their vices to their spouses. I have no issues with people who smoke, my dad is a smoker and proud of it.
From day one with my mom he already told her. Despite my moms and family objections, he is a die hard "Marlborough" supporter(thats why he is so happy in Johore).

At least my dad is man enough to own up to smoking. I see so many guys (lets still call them guys please) who despite having senior appointments or always claiming to be alpha male/great strength in character (or always needing to be right) turn white when they see their girlfriends or wife and then try to extinguish and then spray stuff to hide it.

When caught, they again deny and promised not to do it again. Afterwards, you see them huffing and puffing away, one time, one of these "macho" men flicked his cigarette so hard that it went into his girlfriends father's fish tank...As his dad was a non-smoker(a real non-smoker), he had a hard time getting that one put away.

Hi Bro Wuqi,

Yeah... there's nothing wrong that my wife continues to work.... except that she doesnt like it... (i think long gone are the days whereby Malaysian girls are more Ke Ku Nai Lao) heeheee.... She's a Malaysian with just an SPM...cant speak proper english and works long hours in singapore as a hairdresser....and she hates the stressful work life in singapore.... I asked myself, "work as hairdresser stressful meh?" and apparently yes, cos she's unhappy after work most of the time...

Actually my point is, when I first decided that I want to shift to JB is becoz i felt that my income is definitely higher than the average joes in JB, so me and my family should be able to take it easy if we reside in JB.... Im not even talking about living in a semi-D and driving a toyota....

Ideally, i was hoping that I would be the sole bread winner, while my wife takes care of the house and kid.... owns a picanto and a Myvi... living happily in a small terrace at bukit indah....dont need to go shopping at JPO, dont need to go eat at the Peking Duck restaurant...

It is after doing the maths properly, I realise that having 2 cars (sg and jb), paying for the malaysia home loan in cash, additional petrol cost and the daily toll works out to be quite an amount....

I'm just an engineer...not earning alot which i think many of you guys are...... Some might start thinking, "aiya, forever engineer meh? wont promote one meh?" Yes, some people will really just be an engineer for the rest of their life...most to most a senior engineer (which will be the first to be retrenched).

So, end of the day, it's still more or less back to square one...I m talking abt the lifestyle we are going to lead, and not wad we have....

Bro Wuqi, i know i sound like a negative person and that might piss you off abit.... but I'm just being practical and sharing we my mind is going through right now (which i tink there will be some other average joes like me that feels the same)

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Tutucake,

What you analyse is absolutely correct, that is why you have an engineering mind. If you wife is a malaysian, can you take advantage of that to buy a 2 storey shop house instead where your family can live upstair? The daily commute is expensive and not for everyone. I felt living in JB it is the lifestyle of living in a place you like rather than looking at cost saving.. The day when I fully lived in JB, I am looking at spending more time in JB than in Singapore..

However if you are determined to pursue this lifestyle, you can rent out your Singapore house.

Hi Bro Wuqi,

Yeah... there's nothing wrong that my wife continues to work.... except that she doesnt like it... (i think long gone are the days whereby Malaysian girls are more Ke Ku Nai Lao) heeheee.... She's a Malaysian with just an SPM...cant speak proper english and works long hours in singapore as a hairdresser....and she hates the stressful work life in singapore.... I asked myself, "work as hairdresser stressful meh?" and apparently yes, cos she's unhappy after work most of the time...

Actually my point is, when I first decided that I want to shift to JB is becoz i felt that my income is definitely higher than the average joes in JB, so me and my family should be able to take it easy if we reside in JB.... Im not even talking about living in a semi-D and driving a toyota....

Ideally, i was hoping that I would be the sole bread winner, while my wife takes care of the house and kid.... owns a picanto and a Myvi... living happily in a small terrace at bukit indah....dont need to go shopping at JPO, dont need to go eat at the Peking Duck restaurant...

It is after doing the maths properly, I realise that having 2 cars (sg and jb), paying for the malaysia home loan in cash, additional petrol cost and the daily toll works out to be quite an amount....

I'm just an engineer...not earning alot which i think many of you guys are...... Some might start thinking, "aiya, forever engineer meh? wont promote one meh?" Yes, some people will really just be an engineer for the rest of their life...most to most a senior engineer (which will be the first to be retrenched).

So, end of the day, it's still more or less back to square one...I m talking abt the lifestyle we are going to lead, and not wad we have....

Bro Wuqi, i know i sound like a negative person and that might piss you off abit.... but I'm just being practical and sharing we my mind is going through right now (which i tink there will be some other average joes like me that feels the same)

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, there's not necessity for an MY car, though it does bring along its conveniences. stick to your SG car and use due diligence perhaps till your budget allows for the 2nd MY car. Looked through your budget, the insurance seems to be on the high side, make sure you don't have duplicating coverage and get rid of investment linked policies and replace with term insurance. These 2 items alone should clear out a big chunk with change. From my singleton perspective when I made the shift over, I net a ~S$1000 savings in monthly expenditure.

Hi Bro Wuqi,

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro tutucake,
The more you feel squeeze in Singapore , the more we need to move out to JB. Come to worse , you can live without the SG car lor . Take CW link to Bukit Indah where you house is and drive your MY car can ? You can just buy a 2nd hand proton for the time being ?
You are already more lucky than lot of Singaporean already . Firstly lots of them are working lowly paid jobs like drivers , cooks , storeman , etc . Cant hardly survive in SG , how to buy a second home in JB . Secondly they dont have a Malaysian wife to buy low price quality house in JB . Thirly , once you pay off you JB houses in 10 to 20 yrs , things should be easy for you already. Cheer !

Last edited:

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vomit and die

Singaporeans in Johor are often regarded as tense and impatient. This may be sometimes true, but my experience at a Singapore branch of its own bank in JB might explain why even the most accommodating of people can begin to frazzle.

It began with a bank draft being issued to me because an institutional admin assistant unthinkingly assumed this was to be paid for work delivered in Singapore, in Malaysian ringgit, only because my given address was the Johor one – instantly putting me at risk of IRAS investigation for possible evasion.

Naturally the JB branch said I could not get S$ for the draft, even though the amount was in S$. The institution, whose fault it was, said they would not issue a fresh cheque unless I bore the costs; and since the institution or its staff can do no wrong, it has to be my fault. Can you waste more valuable energy arguing?

So back I went to the branch in JB to get the insignificant sum in cash. The spacious branch had four active tellers and never more than six people at a time requiring their services. The transaction took an hour and five minutes. Not that anyone was impolite: I only endured the appalling waste of time and several furtive glances.

They asked me for my passport and to sign the back of the draft, photocopied the draft and my passport, asked for my identity card and copied that, asked for the invoice (which was fortunately still with me) and copied that too. No one told me what the problem was, but from time to time all the documents passed from one person and one desk to another.

On each desk the growing pile of papers had to compete with other documents for attention, and not all other matters were for living, waiting people. My thumbprint was taken, yes with the black ink. Perhaps at the 50th minute I asked the woman, who came out to look at me and ask more questions, whether the problem was with the draft – from Singapore HQ to Malaysian branch – or my identity. At which point I was finally told that my name did not match the name on my passport, which had my surname first, followed by my first name and my middle name (a cursed long name carried as a millstone around my neck all my life and always dropped where possible).

This was yet another bureaucratic standardization brought in with the Republic to force all surnames in the first position, no matter your ethnicity. The draft had my first name and my surname only, and in that order. At least when I know the problem I can assist in solving it. Why the furtive looks and suspicion over such a small sum? – handbags are snatched in JB and Singapore with more money in them.

Not that much time was saved.

So I handed over my credit card from the HQ bank in Singapore, which had my name exactly as it appears on the draft. They copied that, of course. Then I thought that mayhaps my local credit card, which has my surname first followed by the initials of my first and middle names, might also help matters along. Of course, that too was copied. More time passed.

What I did not know was that this branch contacted Singapore HQ, who contacted the institution to confirm that the invoice had been issued and I – with the “wrong name” – could possibly be the right person to whom money should be given. Is my name May Tan? June Lim? How common is my name??

Of course, since the institution could only email me, I didn’t get that email till I returned home hours later. Nor was I told that this was happening. I don’t know at what point my looks became dark and my questions pointed but it was probably around this time.

Finally another teller was given the sheaf of documents and more delays as they had to calculate the rate at which the S$ would be converted to RM$ - I was told that, of course, it would be at the bank’s buying rate, which is way under what is available at a legal moneychanger. That had to be endured without expression.

This monumental exercise was all for less than S$1500. I tremble to think how long it would have taken for a big sum.

Having vented this on my weblog and here, I am more settled. Easier amidst affordable green space.

Merry Christmas everyone!

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Arsenal,

Didn't know abt the shophouse option when I purchased my unit with sp setia a couple of mths ago... Besides, I wanted the gated and guarded thing which I don't think shophouses can offer (later than I understand that the g&g feature which BI offers is pretty weak...

Beside, I don't tink shophouses is an option for myself as I understand they are at least 800k.... I'm already paying thru my nose with my 400k+ terrace... *chuan*

Yes, commuting between sg and jb is not for everyone... But other than those that can afford to send their child to an international school in jb, everyone else are not spared. I don't know, do u have kids? Or your kids are all grown up Liao?

To me, cost savings equated to better lifestyle... When living cost is lower, stress is reduced.... When living cost is lower, u have spare cash to bring ur family to Legoland.... I'm looking at shifting to jb as a lower cost of living which I thought I can easily afford and hence giving my family, my parents and better life while I make sg dollars...

i donnoe abt u...but I guess 85% of the sg folks residing in jb still have to spend at least 10 hrs of their time in sg as they are still working in sg... If satu orang work and wife can stay home and look after kids, then thts a change of lifestyle.... If both parties have to work, then I see not too big a difference living in jb or in sg Liao....

Now, the big bonus here is, we can rent out our flat in sg to supplement the income.... But I feel ones should not be too dependent on this income as God knows how won't the rental market be in sg 10 years down the road... Sekali all the Foreign talents leave sg as they felt the exchange rate is no longer worth it?

I would rent out my flat, but Tht will be used as savings for my rainy days...

My point is, yes... We can lead a better lifestyle in jb... But ur paycheque (after CPR deduction) has got to be above $4k in order to have ur wife staying at home....i have not reach the income level yet, but if I continue to work hard, it will get there.... Like wad Bro Wuqi say, take your time, there's no fast nor slow....

My post is not to discourage anyone tinking to shift to jb... Im just pre-amping those whose income level is like mine, shares the same thoughts of ideal lifestyle.... It's really not as cheap as u think it's gonna be~~

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi euphony,

I think I will need a malaysian car if my wife is not working and if my parents r staying wif me in jb (they have not decided yet).... Can't expect them to rot at home waiting for me to return home everyday... Fromwhere I stay to jusco is definitely not walkable...

U also feel that my insurance is abit high? Hmmm let me break it down for u...

Life insurance( coverage only 50k): $80
Investment linked life insurance: $100
Investment linked life insurance(pay for 10 years and stop paying type): $200
Accident insurance: $40
Wife's investment linked life insurance(have to pay for her if she stops working): $100

I think all are quite essential, and if I terminate now, I'll lose money....Sigh....

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tutucake,

Take your time.. I think all of us wish to help more Singaporeans to live here..

I felt owning a car with $4K income is already a challenge.. and for your case, you still have wife, kid and parents to take care.. No point stretching yourself so much..
Nevertheless if you are determined, you will definitely find a way.. Maybe the desire will prompt you to go for alternative incomes and probably one day you might get out of the engineering industry into something else...

If you have already purchased a Malaysia house, you might consider renting it out..and move in later when you are more comfortable.. My kid is studying in Singapore and that is the reason why I don't plan to move completely into Malaysia.. If I am determined and willing to forgo all those tuitions etc, I am sure I can still find a way to live in JB.. Neverthless the thought of having a house in JB without living in it already make me very happy.. At least I know I am on the same level as all the foreign workers.. that can make money in Singapore and spend it elsewhere..

Hi Bro Arsenal,

Didn't know abt the shophouse option when I purchased my unit with sp setia a couple of mths ago... Besides, I wanted the gated and guarded thing which I don't think shophouses can offer (later than I understand that the g&g feature which BI offers is pretty weak...

Beside, I don't tink shophouses is an option for myself as I understand they are at least 800k.... I'm already paying thru my nose with my 400k+ terrace... *chuan*

Yes, commuting between sg and jb is not for everyone... But other than those that can afford to send their child to an international school in jb, everyone else are not spared. I don't know, do u have kids? Or your kids are all grown up Liao?

To me, cost savings equated to better lifestyle... When living cost is lower, stress is reduced.... When living cost is lower, u have spare cash to bring ur family to Legoland.... I'm looking at shifting to jb as a lower cost of living which I thought I can easily afford and hence giving my family, my parents and better life while I make sg dollars...

i donnoe abt u...but I guess 85% of the sg folks residing in jb still have to spend at least 10 hrs of their time in sg as they are still working in sg... If satu orang work and wife can stay home and look after kids, then thts a change of lifestyle.... If both parties have to work, then I see not too big a difference living in jb or in sg Liao....

Now, the big bonus here is, we can rent out our flat in sg to supplement the income.... But I feel ones should not be too dependent on this income as God knows how won't the rental market be in sg 10 years down the road... Sekali all the Foreign talents leave sg as they felt the exchange rate is no longer worth it?

I would rent out my flat, but Tht will be used as savings for my rainy days...

My point is, yes... We can lead a better lifestyle in jb... But ur paycheque (after CPR deduction) has got to be above $4k in order to have ur wife staying at home....i have not reach the income level yet, but if I continue to work hard, it will get there.... Like wad Bro Wuqi say, take your time, there's no fast nor slow....

My post is not to discourage anyone tinking to shift to jb... Im just pre-amping those whose income level is like mine, shares the same thoughts of ideal lifestyle.... It's really not as cheap as u think it's gonna be~~

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro tutucake,
The more you feel squeeze in Singapore , the more we need to move out to JB. Come to worse , you can live without the SG car lor . Take CW link to Bukit Indah where you house is and drive your MY car can ? You can just buy a 2nd hand proton for the time being ?

You are already more lucky than lot of Singaporean already . Firstly lots of them are working lowly paid jobs like drivers , cooks , storeman , etc . Cant hardly survive in SG , how to buy a second home in JB . Secondly they dont have a Malaysian wife to buy low price quality house in JB . Thirly , once you pay off you JB houses in 10 to 20 yrs , things should be easy for you already. Cheer !

Hi Jason,

I know I'm already hell alot more fortunate then many other singaporeanz... I'm contented, but I want to give my family and my parents a better life when Im still able to.... thts y my move to jb... It's can be done, just need to work out the finances properly... For my case, I guess for now both me and my wife have to work until my income level increases, or when I strike toto....

Though my wife is a Malaysian and we bought a simple terrace from SP at 400k+, it is not exactly "cheap" in our context... We took a 30yrs 65% loan.... And we have to pay slightly less than sgd600 per mth to finance the terrace... Now thts close to 20% of my take home pay... It's alot...

I can't do without my sg car, I'm a service enginneer.. Always on the move... Besides, my car allowances contributed to a huge percentage to my pay... So die die must have car....

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tutucake,

Take your time.. I think all of us wish to help more Singaporeans to live here..

I felt owning a car with $4K income is already a challenge.. and for your case, you still have wife, kid and parents to take care.. No point stretching yourself so much..
Nevertheless if you are determined, you will definitely find a way.. Maybe the desire will prompt you to go for alternative incomes and probably one day you might get out of the engineering industry into something else...

If you have already purchased a Malaysia house, you might consider renting it out..and move in later when you are more comfortable.. My kid is studying in Singapore and that is the reason why I don't plan to move completely into Malaysia.. If I am determined and willing to forgo all those tuitions etc, I am sure I can still find a way to live in JB.. Neverthless the thought of having a house in JB without living in it already make me very happy.. At least I know I am on the same level as all the foreign workers.. that can make money in Singapore and spend it elsewhere..

Hi bro arsenal,

You r right... There r 2063 ways to go ard my situation... I can continue to stay in singapore, wait until im more financially ready to sustain the living cost I mentioned earlier before I shift over....the house is not gonna run away...

Like urself, I'm also really happy and excited abt having a house in jb and the idea of having "another option" in life gives me some kinda relief... As this is gonna be the house I'm gonna stay in in the future, I'm not about to rent it out to anyone....

Thanks for all ur generous advises.... I hope everything will turn out well for u as well as my family... Thanks!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

no wonder your insurance so high. mostly ILPs & quadruplicated. As for the MY i understand your plight. Is your parents living with you right now? If they have got their own residence then perhaps you might consider letting them come into JB only when your budget allows, on one hand you want to give them a nice retirement plan but you cannot go into the red to do that. have to be pragmatic.

As for your wife, you might want to suggest that she use the time to explore other things that might interest her. perhaps make a little to supplement the household income though you're the main breadwinner. That way she helps lighten your load and get to enjoy what she is doing. You cannot have the whole family depend on you alone especially in these times of economic uncertainty. Diversification may mean not putting all eggs in your basket.

In the end we come to JB to enjoy life a bit not to suffer! :smile:

Hi euphony,

I think I will need a malaysian car if my wife is not working and if my parents r staying wif me in jb (they have not decided yet).... Can't expect them to rot at home waiting for me to return home everyday... Fromwhere I stay to jusco is definitely not walkable...

U also feel that my insurance is abit high? Hmmm let me break it down for u...

Life insurance( coverage only 50k): $80
Investment linked life insurance: $100
Investment linked life insurance(pay for 10 years and stop paying type): $200
Accident insurance: $40
Wife's investment linked life insurance(have to pay for her if she stops working): $100

I think all are quite essential, and if I terminate now, I'll lose money....Sigh....

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini prime land acquired

Sunway buys Johor land worth RM745.3mil

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/12/20/business/10127816&sec=business

Purchase made through joint venture with Khazanah vehicle

KUALA LUMPUR: Sunway Bhd has expanded its landbank in Johor with the acquisition of two parcels of leased land worth RM745.3mil in Medini Iskandar via a joint venture vehicle with Khazanah Nasional Bhd.

The two parcels, which are adjacent to each other, total about 691 acres and has an estimated gross development value (GDV) of RM12bil.

The newly acquired land known as Zone F Medini will boost Sunway's landbank by 30% from the previous 2,145 acres, while the proposed development will boost the company's current GDV to RM32bil,” Sunway said in a statement yesterday.

“With the acquisition, Sunway will have 755 acres of development land in Johor, in addition to the existing land at Bukit Lenang, with an estimated total GDV of RM13bil.”

Zone F Medini is strategically located in the heart of Iskandar Malaysia. It is about 10 minutes from Singapore via the Second Link Expressway and 25 minutes from the Senai International Airport.

Also in the vicinity are Legoland Malaysia and Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios, which are expected to be completed by 2012 and 2013 respectively, Edu City, Kota Iskandar and the International Financial District, the company said.

This is Sunway's largest acquisition after the merger of the businesses of two public-listed companies, Sunway Holdings and Sunway City in August which resulted in the merged entity becoming one of the top five property-construction companies listed on Bursa Malaysia.

Sunway also announced a joint venture (JV) with Dayang Bunting Ventures Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Khazanah, to form Semerah Cahaya Sdn Bhd. which will principally be involved in conceptualising, managing, implementing and developing the said land.

Sunway currently holds 38% in the JV but will increase its holdings to 60% within 54 months from the date of the lease purchase agreement.

Commenting on the successful acquisition, Sunway founder and chairman Tan Sri Dr Jeffrey Cheah said the acquisition was in line with the company's strategy to continue extending its expertise in building and managing integrated cities, as exemplified in its integrated developments in Bandar Sunway, Sunway City Ipoh, Sunway Velocity and Sunway Damansara.

“We want to replicate this expertise in Johor and develop an iconic development which will capture the local, regional and international market segments as we have done with our integrated developments.

“Together with Khazanah, we are confident that we will be able to successfully establish a strong foothold in the state in the near future,” said Cheah, adding that the project was expected to contribute positively to Sunway's future earnings and cash flow by 2013.

Khazanah managing director Tan Sri Azman Mokhtar said he welcomed Sunway as the latest major Malaysian developer to participate in Iskandar Malaysia.

“Sunway has a proven track record as a successful master developer in Malaysia and this JV is an indication of Khazanah's deepening collaborative partnerships with the private sector. We are confident this joint venture will further boost Medini Iskandar's progress as a catalyst development for Iskandar Malaysia.”

Sunway has established its presence in Iskandar Malaysia through its construction division which is undertaking three major construction jobs in Iskandar Malaysia, including Legoland, Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios and the Central Utilities Facility at the Bio-XCell biotechnology park.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share my observations the past couple of days. A consortium of a large group of foreigners are looking to rent. I was told over 10 houses and with long leases. The IRDA brought them to visit a friends place and i opened up the keys for them. Recently some factory unit got transacted at pretty good prices.

Went to EL to look at subsale houses there, 1.6 for a Semi-D, another is 1.25m and the smallest one is 1m.

Thanks. We keep seeing many very positive signs that the economic future is bright. It certainly is looking very positive for Iskandar, which will bring along price increases for the housing in Iskandar (most likely).

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pay wise still isn't high at all, there are still salon girls earning $500 RM (basic pay) to the best of my knowledge. Pay ranges from few hundred to 4-5k typically for a senior manager. The reason why most went to SG in the past was because Johore didn't have much going in terms aside from manufacturing, etc.

That is set to change though to a certain extent.

I agree, change is on the way. It has to be for Iskandar to be successful. One thing that will make it successful (for both Singapore and Malaysia) is that some jobs that currently are done in Singapore are switched to Iskandar. For Singapore to benefit those jobs will pay less than they used to, but more than many job in Johor currently. If you move jobs that are done currently by people commuting to Singapore you can actually pay less (helping the company - the companies will also gain much lower rents...) and the employees, who will make a bit less but can get a much easier commute (which is worth a fair amount). Some people will only focus on the salary, but smart employees look at not just the salary but the amount of time away from their family, their commuting costs, the potential for promotion... Iskandar can succeed even without much in the way of some jobs moving, but their is potential economic gain from moving some jobs, so if that happens there will be economic gain to share with the parties involved.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM 12 Billion Sunway Project..

006amedini-sunway.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, he definitely wasn't staying at any government flat but at a condo. I hope he is doing well though.
I do agree with HH though that just as we integrate well with them in SG, we should continue doing so here.

Certain developments (not only HH/EL/NI/ND) has suddenly been doing extremely well, as some of my bros are still in the purchasing mode, will share more once they finish.

Yeah don't think so Singaporeans are able to stay in their budget government flat, the Malaysian govt will not allow this, which is the right thing to do.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, refrain from the cheap cheap thing. No one would appreciate if this happened in Singapore. They have lots of safety nets though like REAL subsidies from the government for first time house buyers and protection against foreigners ownership for different types of properties and even shop houses. So for housing/cars, there are still protection and medical wise, they will still go to local hospitals hence no direct impact, at least not now.

Yeah Malaysians have lots of real subsidies like medical at Rm1 incluse medicine and many options in housing from low to high end. I have seen adverts of resale low cost flats with asking price below Rm50k. Here is one example asking Rm35k.

http://www.mudah.my/Flat+ketapang+Tmn+Rinting+3+Bilik+2nd+floor-12951160.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.