• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Narmi,

Im looking for the

Juz wanna brighten up the home.

My JB n other home looks cool with pure white.

Wanna apply same concept to hdb too.

How to ask for pure white ah?

Whats the qty needed for hdb?

Ap

Pure white is the easiest to buy cos they no need to mix. I bought orchid white. Just ask for pure white no need mixing one. They have in the catalogue. Price the same tho with my orchid white or any other kind of white variation. If just your hdb living room AP u need only 1x 5 litre. Mine is 5room hdb. Not sure if u need more than 1 coating tho.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, fresh from the oven!

Beware of JB Scratch-n-win scams
Just flagging this to increase the awareness of all. Knowledge is power, my friends...

I ever kenna once but luckily i am aware of this. But this one is at giant carpark southern city. 2 yrs ago. I refuse to scratch but he die die wan me to scratch. He even scratch for me. N say wahhh u win big! I told him congrats since u scratch u should claim it hehehdhhe tho i try to be as polite as possible. Yeah it seems they zoom straight to sg plated cars.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to chk....

I used the seeds or growth beads or whtever they r called...

My mango n guava sapplings suddenly grew longer....

But the stem is still not fat n stable!

So wht do i do?

For starters stop the growth beads?

Secondly.... Maybe cut of the head of the plant!??

Am i right or wrong!!?

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ever kenna once but luckily i am aware of this. But this one is at giant carpark southern city. 2 yrs ago. I refuse to scratch but he die die wan me to scratch. He even scratch for me. N say wahhh u win big! I told him congrats since u scratch u should claim it hehehdhhe tho i try to be as polite as possible. Yeah it seems they zoom straight to sg plated cars.

Narmi, thanks for sharing your experience. You sure managed to give the scammer the slip. Good on you!

I hope this will really raise the awareness. It was the first time I actually heard about this scam.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you decide if you need more than one coat?

Thanks man for reply n info.

For smaller rooms whats the reqd qty?

And if you paint a second coat will it look too thick?

Also i heard there are three finishes chalky, matt n gloss.

Which to choose sia?

Headache man

Ap

Pure white is the easiest to buy cos they no need to mix. I bought orchid white. Just ask for pure white no need mixing one. They have in the catalogue. Price the same tho with my orchid white or any other kind of white variation. If just your hdb living room AP u need only 1x 5 litre. Mine is 5room hdb. Not sure if u need more than 1 coating tho.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I aso dunno.

Few days back weekday 9am driving out of Tropika major jam from sales office to immigration office.

Why ah? I aso dunno....

Traffic hardly moved...

Btw how do ppl come to the immigration office? In cabs? Cars?

Hardly see any bus coming in??

Pardon my curiosity. What happened? :O

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok so i can get taps at Ntuc/homefix/econflow/ and the one mentioned by ginfreely

Those that you get from NTUC or Homefix is better in quality and value for money. If you want really good ones, you can go visit Hoo Kee at Katong shopping centre(if I didn't remember wrongly), the place where there are a lot of curtain shops? Its at the ground level. Use to be a Yokosho there.

If you want premium good ones, you can go to Econflo. Just Google them. I know them cause I used to work in a construction company.

P.S. : I don't have anything to gain from this.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Which to choose sia?

Headache man

Ap

The paint only comes in 1 litre or 5 litre for pple like u n me. Got bigger that comes in a pail-like container (25litre i think) but usually the contract painter buy them. If ur current paint is also white then 1 coating shd suffice. If double coating wont look thick btw. Wat kind matt gloss or chalky for me the diff is very little. Ur chox but i will choose matt or gloss/satin. If all ur rooms white then u may want to consider the biggest one tho may not have the 20% disc but u shd still save $. I suggest dun overbuy cos if got extra will be waste of $ if not enough then buy somemore lor. Sometime u need only a bit more than 5 litre then get d 1 litre one.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes i heard this is a good brand

Go to the sim siang choon HQ showroom at changi business park near spore expo. Free parking, comprehensive selections and ready supply. If u go to their branch eg at IMM may out of stock n need to order but over at the Main showroom wic is their own buildg they just go to their stockpile at d back hehhe sure have unless supply of that model no more.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi.

I would go for this, paint seems to be cheaper here but need to shop around, perharps the hardware store near Nusa Idaman near the Hot Kitchen cafe(very nice chicken wings there btw)

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BugvhpMAlKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi sis cathy

The name of the place is Tanjong Katong Complex. The hoe kee store is grd floor beside the escalator, beside the entrance cannot miss one. They have another outlet at Jalan Besar area near the hawker centre. When i got my sg hse 11 yrs ago i bought the bathtub, sink (blanco) and mixer. Till now works fine tho at that time i thinkg i can get cheaper somewhere else. So no regrets

Yap. Thats the one.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday was really really really jammed! Left Tampines at 10pm, reach ST at 1.45am. There were at least 3 accidents from before Singapore custom all the way to NS highway. NS highway was smooth, but can't imagine those going towards Tebrau......it crazy manzzz!

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Narmi,
Im looking for the pure white type.
Pure white is it more ex?
Juz wanna brighten up the home.
My JB n other home looks cool with pure white.
Wanna apply same concept to hdb too.
How to ask for pure white ah?
Whats the qty needed for hdb?
Bro,
Refer to the paint catalogue that the shop has..
For Nippon in My, the colour code is Brilliant White 1001..
Codes are different from Sg though

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which to choose sia?
Headache man
Bro, if your base paint colour is white, try using single coat 1st..
painting double coat of white is only required if you can still see the original base paint..
pple usually use matt texture for interior walls unless walls has very smooth texture by plastering..
Try the 1st coat & decide for yourself.. my neighbour actually did his painting himself.. changed the colours a few times though..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was trying to decide whether to change tires at poh heng or soh brothers recently as tire tread going botak..
saw this ad on hankook..
http://shhtyres.com.sg/hankook-tyre-of-the-year.html

In the end, changed a new set of current tires.. Hankook K415..
In case anyone interested.. got the tire at 69ea after the 31% discount.. (185/60R14)
Total damage for 4 tires including the member fee is 314

Been using this as my 2nd set, lasted 50K km.. 1st set was GR80 which lasted 40K km..

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was trying to decide whether to change tires at poh heng or soh brothers recently as tire tread going botak..
saw this ad on hankook..
http://shhtyres.com.sg/hankook-tyre-of-the-year.html

In the end, changed a new set of current tires.. Hankook K415.

In case anyone interested.. got the tire at 69ea after the 31% discount.. (185/60R14)

Total damage for 4 tires including the member fee is 314

Been using this as my 2nd set, lasted 50K km.. 1st set was GR80 which lasted 40K km..

Bro avalon

i looking to change tyre for my small suv

where did u change in woodlands isit? Membership do on the spot? The offer is only for certain tyre models or all

models? When did u change? Thanx for d info

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro avalon
i looking to change tyre for my small suv
where did u change in woodlands isit? Membership do on the spot? The offer is only for certain tyre models or all
models? When did u change? Thanx for d info

Bro, better call them at their hotline 65586160 to check.
Did my change at the woodlands ind park E.. not found in my old street directory..
location is beside the new SSDC..

I called to check on pricing before I visit.. the member price is $38 & available on site..
Believe its valid for all tire range though subject to availability.. just changed on 27 Aug 2pm..
=)

Status
Not open for further replies.