• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is a quotiation for my Master Bedroom Cabinet:-

1. Wardrobe in Laminate at Master Bedroom
Size: 3000L X 600D X 2930H RM$ 5,500.00

2. Frameless Mirror Panel at Master Bedroom
Size: 1855L X 1200H RM$ 810.00

Total is RM$6,310.00

My hubby thought its very expensive. Bros and Sis here, what do you think? Can get any cheaper?

Hi Cathy,
Actually, understand from some that the standard size of glass/mirror are 8' by 4'.
A quote from Classy was 700rm with installation.. however think it may be with a frame.

Their quote for wardrobe of 8 ft height is 330rm per ft run..

Previously sign for their dry kitchen & exploring other carpentry works while shopping for off the shelf wardrobes as well.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
UR rite. Thats correct.

The girl who helped process my loans with SCB informed me that her mum bought a unit for less than Rm200k.

Considering that... what we are paying now is ..... OMG!

Yup, however the rate of price increase of ST vs SEG for new projects is similar to punggol vs pasir ris..

I recall a colleague who sold a Punggol hdb to buy a pasir ris hdb said that if he delayed the transaction by 9 months, he will pocket another 60K SGD.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, sistas,

I'm going to sign one of the mortgage loans with one of the banks soon.

Does anyone have/know a better rate currently than BLR minus 2.4%
Seems this is the best I've come across so far.
Any savings will be useful as it is for longterm, thanks in advance for info!

Maxpark, that seems to be great rates. I got mine from SCB at BLR-2.3% for the first 5 years and then -2.35% thereafter.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, not sure if anyone is interested, there is a maybank family & friends cc that offers 5% rebate for all malaysia petrol station & purchases from Giant & Tesco. Been using it for some yrs now since I had been doing weekly milk runs in the past..

Can check out for those who are interested since 10 yrs fee waiver

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, quick question. I'm in BKK now; just saw a taser with a LED torchlight selling for 650 baht, before negotiation. Should I buy it? To keep in the NI house as a future safety device against intruders. Also, if i buy, what r the chances I'll be stopped at Changi customs? Thanks.

While you are probably right Wuqi, and "If you live by the sword you will die by the sword", the bad news is that some tasers have already made their way into Malaysia and are apparently in use by the triads.
From my personal experience, you would need to have immediate access to any weapon and be well trained how to use it - and it should not be first available to an intruder while you are groggily waking up.
Vigilance, all sensible actions and precautions, top quality security ... necessities in our adopted land where these are totally worth implementing against the superb benefits enjoyed.

Thanks Wuqi... ended up not buying it, not enough money and didn't want to risk it at SG customs... enjoyable but tiring trip in Bangkok

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, pls adv current re-sale value in austin heights. also any recommendation on reno contractor who can do extension. tks.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. My friend bought in ST about 2 years back. It was less then rm200k. But too many naysayers and she backed out. Now banging her head against the wall for listening too much. Even auction price now also go for more then rm300k to begin with. Just in case you ask. Her husband is a Malaysian, she a Taiwanese. Proberly too many naysayers from her church lah...... See, Malaysian is the most sceptical about Malaysia properties.
Hey Cathy, you have a WONDERFUL turn of phrase. Still laughing and will steal - if you don't mind - for my own use from now on.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just got back, very punishing schedule over the weekend, in between bringing friends, family and neighbours over to look at shops and houses and repairing a tyre puncture for a friend, still had to slot in a bit of work, etc.

Ok, in total i still think there were still some 10 plus units left (at least before we went over). Some of them bought 2 units at one go (big family) I noticed some earlier units were made available as i understand that their loans were not approved.

Wow that's good news, recall that the new phase in Mar 11 is more than 50 cluster houses (4 rows), a good number of units have been sold in less than 2 months.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is a quotiation for my Master Bedroom Cabinet:-

1. Wardrobe in Laminate at Master Bedroom
Size: 3000L X 600D X 2930H RM$ 5,500.00

2. Frameless Mirror Panel at Master Bedroom
Size: 1855L X 1200H RM$ 810.00

Total is RM$6,310.00

My hubby thought its very expensive. Bros and Sis here, what do you think? Can get any cheaper?

The quote for the 10 ft wardrobe seems not much cheaper than in Singapore. I did my bedroom wardrobe (in Singapore) two months ago and 10 ft package was quoting around S$2300. Mine is smaller - 6 ft at $270 per foot run.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Ginfreely,
Yup, agree that its a good price since we can only purchase above 250K. Before that i was looking at the 1 & half storey but not eligible since pricing was ard 230K. sigh..

Nevermind I think more worth to get double storey, 1 & half storey seem very small and hard to re-sell next time?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi ginfreely

You get either a vibration sensor or a contact sensor for each open access point. Usually, a contact sensor is used for sliding/main door - if the two small strips attached to the door are separated (eg by opening of door), the sensor is activated. Vibration sensor is usually used for windows - activated when a strong vibration is detected. It may be ok to use one vibration sensor for a few connected windows - the sales person will make the recommendation.

I did not install griils, so have to cover all access points (eg including toilet windows, sliding doors ..etc).

You can call Ken (017-325-9308) - professional and friendly chap from ADT.

Hi, austin_hts, thanks for sharing. So far I think you're the only one in this forum who did not install grilles. :biggrin:

I visited Austin Heights before and was pretty impressed with the clubhouse - well maintained and functional - and double layer of security.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy,
Actually, understand from some that the standard size of glass/mirror are 8' by 4'.
A quote from Classy was 700rm with installation.. however think it may be with a frame.

Their quote for wardrobe of 8 ft height is 330rm per ft run..

Previously sign for their dry kitchen & exploring other carpentry works while shopping for off the shelf wardrobes as well.

Smaller ones at Ikea costs only S$100+ leh.....with frame somemore.... >:(

The quote for the 10 ft wardrobe seems not much cheaper than in Singapore. I did my bedroom wardrobe (in Singapore) two months ago and 10 ft package was quoting around S$2300. Mine is smaller - 6 ft at $270 per foot run.

Yalor... Never trust interior designers. They think all Singaporeans are carrot heads! >:(

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes its a pretty decent hospital with quite good service. I have not visited it myself.

But many of my friends have visited the Columbia Asia hospital in other locations (not in malaysia) and feel its a good place to go to if you need emergency medical care.

http://www.columbiaasia.com/

http://www.columbiaasia.com/malaysia/

I have visited Columbia Asia Hospital 3 times in a month. Twice for my kid's fever cum cough and another time to send an aged relative for emergency due to fits. I must say the place is top notch, great environment and the nurses can speak good english.. for people like me who dont speak bahasa, its a boon in communication. I can even communicate well with the malay doctor in English. Very friendly service. Price is not that expensive either as my kid consultation and 4 different medicine came up to about RM 90. I budgetted for a few hundred bucks before I go.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone told me that at Tun Aminah and other government hospitals in Malaysia locals pay only Rm 1 while foreigners pay Rm 15.

I really dunno how much this info is true.

In addition i heard quite a few singaporeans take treatment at Tun Aminah instead of TTSH and other spore hospitals (cost savings and better service and communication with doctors)

Again i dunno how far this info is true.

Its almost immediate service as not many people know this place and also, most average Malaysians in nearby towns such as Bukit Indah, Tun Aminah etc still go to government hospital.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My neighbour at Setia Tropika (corner house) beautiful and nicely done up has also not installed window grilles yet.

I guess the house is pretty impressive. So he does not wanna spoil the beautiful poster picture with grilles.

Hi, austin_hts, thanks for sharing. So far I think you're the only one in this forum who did not install grilles. :biggrin:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think i mentioned before that to provide and install plywood racks (about 1cm thick) for my storerooms i was quoted a whopping Rm 1800 +

Im not a DIY guy. But this time round i dun have much of a choice.

I either have to visit Giant/Tesco one of these weekends or possibly visit the Skudai shop quoted by Wuqi.

Most likely i will visit the Skudai shop quoted by Wuqi... Thanks Wuqi.

But at the moment no time. So gotta wait long long maybe in June only....

Ah that reminds me School holidays not too far away.

Can enjoy my beautiful home.... from may 28th onwards....

Nice!!

Smaller ones at Ikea costs only S$100+ leh.....with frame somemore.... >:(

Yalor... Never trust interior designers. They think all Singaporeans are carrot heads! >:(

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
But i guess Setia Eco Gardens is marketed differently.

Its marketed and branded as essentially living amidst nature (on the lines of the famous Setia Eco Park close to KL)

The one at KL was a resounding success.

At Setia Eco Gardens they are obviously trying to emulate the Setia Eco Park model.

Now you dun have to worry dear avalon.

Setia is not the kind of developer who will leave you in the lurch IMHO. Setia has a lot at stake.

So obviously they will do their best to give you value for money.

When i bought into Setia Tropika initially i was skeptical and worried. But not anymore.

With the number of new commercial projects in the pipeline... it can never be a failure.

Same goes for Setia Eco Gardens. It will be good. I must say you have a pretty nice group of people living around you. People who do not bat an eyelid to pay upto Rm 200k for reno.

Yup, however the rate of price increase of ST vs SEG for new projects is similar to punggol vs pasir ris..

I recall a colleague who sold a Punggol hdb to buy a pasir ris hdb said that if he delayed the transaction by 9 months, he will pocket another 60K SGD.

fairies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone told me that at Tun Aminah and other government hospitals in Malaysia locals pay only Rm 1 while foreigners pay Rm 15.

I really dunno how much this info is true.

In addition i heard quite a few singaporeans take treatment at Tun Aminah instead of TTSH and other spore hospitals (cost savings and better service and communication with doctors)

Again i dunno how far this info is true.

I guess the service standard at Sultanah Aminah Hospital must have improved over the years.

My mother however refuses to be sent there coz of some unpleasant experiences she had had at the hospital few years ago.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The guy i met swore by it. He said you could go to doctors anywhere else and you would get the same medicines at much higher prices and therefore Tun Aminah and Sultan ismail hospitals are good.

I guess different strokes for different folks.

So cant rule the govt ones out either. Especially when he mentioned that some Singaporeans prefer these hospitals to TTSH etc...

I was shocked myself.

I guess the service standard at Sultanah Aminah Hospital must have improved over the years.

My mother however refuses to be sent there coz of some unpleasant experiences she had had at the hospital few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.