• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Forget to add, the whirlybird types cost about 1000-1300 RM to install. I would also recommend having bamboo blinds if you have a patio at your terraced area to keep out the sun and the rain. Its about 700 plus for 3 big sides. Got it done at Ulu Tiram, quite good workmanship and cheap too.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Where do i get mattresses? Some visitors home this Easter weekend need some reasonably priced mattresses (not the expensive ones at Courts)

Mattresses - Giant (Skudai) The 2nd floor has a furniture shop, look for Madam Ong(very friendly) and ask about the mattresses. She does give good discounts and she will help you if you are short on budget.

If its just normal foldable ones though then go to the Carrefour(very near Tebrau city) or Tesco (Tebrau city) and buy it from there.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi ginfreely, only for the latest phase but my relatives bought the ones from previous phase, still eligible though they only recently signed up. Goodybag, can ask from Cora or Marcus i think but i think not expensive stuff. I wish they could throw in the car though. Their sales people starting to be a bit like HH now. After comparing the latest pricing, it seems Nusa Duta is really looking to be more a bargain as time goes by as compared to developments in the same league here.

I might get one for my sister so that she at least have a home here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
2.5-3 storey Semi-D should not be that ex, i did up mine like around 4k (humble double storey Semi-D) but thats because i choose the good (but not the best) materials. My rental houses have better curtains than my own actually as i did double layers for each. The smallest house(terrace) curtains costs more than 4k already.

Plentong (Giant) remains the best bet if you have some time to spare, Tampoi area (Tampoi Lighting side) also has good curtain shops(cheap too)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Tailor wise, i don't know of much in JB,my apologies though i am sure there are good ones around.
I find that Thailand is still the best place to make tailored clothing with amongst the best materials
at ones disposal.

By the way prof, the Eminent place has this new thing of using glass bottles under the soles of ones
feet (moxibustion), quite good. You should try it as its only 20 RM on top of your normal reflexology.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why MoneyChangers in Singapore give such a lousy Rate? MR was 2.4297 today, even lower at times, but MoneyChangers are selling MR at 2.4050 to 1 Singapore Dollar. Huge spread!!!!!! Why? Is it because it is Monday? I notice Mondays, the spread is often bigger.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also put in exhuast fans for all toilets, you might want to explore having that in the family area on the 2nd floor as some friends did that and found that the house was much cooler especially for those west facing ones.

There are also vents or whirly birds that you can add on:
http://www.turbovent.co.za/turbine_whirlybird.html
http://www.ascentonline.com.au/html/products_gallery/roof_ventilation_products_gallery.html
http://www.savenrg.com/venting.htm
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1135874

Hi Wuqi,
May i ask more abt the exhuast fans you mentioned for the toilets as well as for the house? Seems like the fixture needs to make some changes to the roof, in this case will there be any issue with the developer or void any warranty any period of time? My dad was exploring on this but so far i've not seen many houses has fix this ventilation or maybe i missed them as they are on top.. In Sg, my neighbour fix the fan like in their toilet for ventilation purposes. Not too sure if this could be similarly in HH? Seek your kind advise.

I've also tried to look for the furniture shop you mentioned.. the giant i went was when i exit sutera mall and make a u turn to head back to woodlands where the signage shown on the bridge very clearly to U turn and lead the road in where you'll see row of shop houses. There's also a furniture shop at the corner. I guess i must have gone to the wrong one. I'll have to try to look for the shop again. Since now you mentioned it's on the 2nd floor.

Oops sorry i didnt really know how to place the multiple quote as use by others.. i'm still pretty newbie here..

On the exchange rate, got a friend in JB to ask.. it's abt 2.41 today.. this is surely a good news to us hee hee

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also put in exhuast fans for all toilets, you might want to explore having that in the family area on the 2nd floor as some friends did that and found that the house was much cooler especially for those west facing ones.

There are also vents or whirly birds that you can add on:
http://www.turbovent.co.za/turbine_whirlybird.html
http://www.ascentonline.com.au/html/products_gallery/roof_ventilation_products_gallery.html
http://www.savenrg.com/venting.htm
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1135874

Hi Wuqi,
May i ask more abt the exhuast fans you mentioned for the toilets as well as for the house? Seems like the fixture needs to make some changes to the roof, in this case will there be any issue with the developer or void any warranty any period of time? My dad was exploring on this but so far i've not seen many houses has fix this ventilation or maybe i missed them as they are on top.. In Sg, my neighbour fix the fan like in their toilet for ventilation purposes. Not too sure if this could be done similarly in HH? Seek your kind advise.

I've also tried to look for the furniture shop you mentioned.. the giant i went was when i exit sutera mall and make a u turn to head back to woodlands where the signage shown on the bridge very clearly to U turn and lead the road in where you'll see row of shop houses. There's also a furniture shop at the corner. I guess i must have gone to the wrong one. I'll have to try to look for the shop again. Since now you mentioned it's on the 2nd floor.

Oops sorry i didnt really know how to place the multiple quote as use by others.. i'm still pretty newbie here..

On the exchange rate, got a friend in JB to ask.. it's abt 2.41 today.. this is surely a good news to us hee hee

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'pore billionaire plans Johor medical centre

http://business.asiaone.com/Business...17-274062.html

SINGAPORE - Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim is currently working on bringing Thomson Medical Centre across the causeway and into Johor.

The Straits Times reported that the, The Edge weekly said: Mr Lim who took over the Singapore-listed Thomson Medical private last year, has bought 14ha of land in the southern Malaysian state for the project.

The land, in the Stulang Laut area, about 2km from the Johor Causeway, was bought for a purported RM200 million (S$83 million), it reported.

Click here to find out more!
A source added that 'Mr Lim is working to bring in Thomson Medical group to possibly build a health-care facility on that land, probably in an effort to capture more of the medical tourism market.'

The Edge also said he was eyeing a piece of land near Singapore's Botanic Gardens that is currently owned by Johor royalty.
SingaporeCity no está en línea Reply With Quote

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, sistas,

I'm going to sign one of the mortgage loans with one of the banks soon.

Does anyone have/know a better rate currently than BLR minus 2.4%
Seems this is the best I've come across so far.
Any savings will be useful as it is for longterm, thanks in advance for info!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

Nobel Curtain is the one which offer me RM 10,000. The previous owner, Attack curtain is a nice young couple but heard that they have gone back to Batu Pahat to continue their business. They charges really decent price and the service is excellent. Now this Nobel, I have nothing good to say about them, seriously.. Once he heard that mine is a 3 storey semi d at Horizon Hills, he started to say all the houses there cost RM 10k at least for curtains

Actually the main thing is to find an honest and reliable vendor with good workmanship.. i am not very familiar but my feel is for a semi-D i won't be surprised that curtains cost RM10k, grilles cost RM20k... but so far those shops i saw at Nusa Bestari quality looks so so..

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, sistas,

I guess that must be 5 years lock in? Or maybe Citibank. I am paying BLR-2.3% so you are better off

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey... today, 18 Apr I changed mine at Nusa Bestari.. RM 2.412!!

When I called up Singapore money changer, they quoted me RM 2.402!

What a big difference. I wonder if Money Matters give better rates today.

Do you mind letting me know which shop? Is it along the side where the Khor clinic is? Do you have the name?

BalikKampung

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall seeing some tilum (mattress) shops at Johor Jaya near the sports complex. It is near the store. One or two lanes behind it.

You can try thereabouts

Anyway Johor Jaya is pretty close by to Setia Tropika so should be quite convenient for you to go scout ard

Where do i get mattresses? Some visitors home this Easter weekend need some reasonably priced mattresses (not the expensive ones at Courts)

gregorian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, sistas,

Hey HSBC is fighting for me for -2.45% to -2.5% although chance very low. -2.45% quite likely.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;rOnURtRaG98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOnURtRaG98[/video]

I chanced upon this grand plan to build a trade center closer to pasir gudang. the plan is grand and the animation looks like sim city 4 on steriods haha. i wonder whether it will take although i read this article which states its potential. if the pasir gudang highway is not improved i guess it'll be miserable trying to get in and out of the area. Seriously why did they not consider building it closer to nusajaya if it is going to be such an important role and at least with better road connections. Apparently the site is hoarded up and construction work has started. Anyway, just throwing this into the air about the Jb developments for a casual supper reading.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey HSBC is fighting for me for -2.45% to -2.5% although chance very low. -2.45% quite likely.

Other things to consider besides just the interest rates:
1. Lock In period
2. Penalty for early redemption (vary for different bank)
3. Monthly Admin Charges (HSBC RM10 for Smarthome Loan) others no charge.

My personal experience with UOB when I redeemed my outstanding loan of RM220K during lock in period, paid a total of RM10K in penalty (painful experience).

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont know their name but when u are coming from Jusco side, pass by eminent massage to your right and the first small left turn ( u can see a temple on your left ).. its along that row of shophouses where the corner is a motorbike business with a few red volvo convertibles/SUVs etc..

The one that I went is the FIRST money changer after you reach this motorbike corner shop.. Inside got sell kites too..

Thanks bro, i know exactly where you are referring to, it is 2 doors away from a hair salon, and it is before the Khor clinic... will check it out soon

rhino

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to lemans and others who have responded to my queries.:smile:
I stayed at Euro Rich Hotel but was a little disappointed cos' it does not look like what it appears on the net. :(

Anyway, I am quite impressed by the resort feeling at leisure farm and thinking of buying one terrace unit, which is resonably priced at about RM 550 to 675 excluding discount. The interior design is lovely! However, there is limited land for gardening and you can't make changes to the exterior. The other drawback is the small dark road that leads to the highway...not sure if this is the key reason that there are still unsold units there?

Also viewed a few corner units at HH but finds it quite hot due to the vast landscaping and the lack of greenery which leisure farm offers...the interior looks quite bad as well. Otherwise like the extra land for gardening and its proximity to Jusco. The price for corner is a little ex...starting from RM650.

May go to East Ledang to take a look soon.
Any kind advise from bros here?

Status
Not open for further replies.