• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing that i have noticed a couple of times:

1) Jalan Nusa Bestari (hope the road name is correct) the one with the Eminent massage shop and Lebuhraya Pasir Gudang gets terribly flooded on one side during heavy downpours.

As a result everyone avoids the flooded lane creating a mini traffic jam.

Any other roads with similar conditions?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey gin, thanks for the warm welcome , yeah i find the Duta estate to be very nice, clean n to a certain extent chic, i feel that its good as it will pave the way for other future new developments to follow the trend and set new benchmark, slowly but surely changing the johor property landscape.

Just curious which house model did u buy? and at what price if i may ask (can pm me if u feel more comfortable doing so) cos i do find the new cluster for sale there to be rather pricey, all conveniently priced slightly above the 500k mark...obviously targeting sporean buyers

Hi GP, yeah the new clusters launched are more pricey than those launched in 2009. Some consolation is that the new clusters are bigger, design nicer (in my opinion) and the price include the legal fees, stamp duty and MOT compared to last time when the price was not inclusive of these fees. Oh I also just bought during this year and paid above RM500k. The price is RM523k (cluster house Type A).

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Duta is actually quite good, i am happy for you, remind them
to give you your goody bag. I think the draw for the 2 Toyota Vios
is in May. I wish you will win one. :smile:

Hi wuqi, thank you for the info. I didn't know got goody bag and lucky draw. Do you know is it opened to all buyers or only the latest phase, understand they just released new phase of cluster house in March. BTW what are the goodies in the bag? Anything worthwhile to fight for? :biggrin:

GorengPisang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi wuqi, thank you for the info. I didn't know got goody bag and lucky draw. Do you know is it opened to all buyers or only the latest phase, understand they just released new phase of cluster house in March. BTW what are the goodies in the bag? Anything worthwhile to fight for? :biggrin:

oh yeah, when i was at showhouse lastweek i saw the promo banner with a toyota vios haha...but seriously, they shd've just adjust the price to 550k nett n throw in a free vios (1st launch was like 400+k only), throw in free vios no need coe. im sure many would jump in, solve housing problem, solve car problem lol....ok, i knw im prob still in my dream but who knws, IJM pls come in n read my post, give us free vios :biggrin:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone advise on the price of Curtains for a full 3-storey semis? The first time I went to ask at Nusa Bestari, the boss told us its RM 10K and above for sure. That really shocks us. ITs not that high quality material, just shield against the sun.

My auntie who was with us told us that her 2 storey terrace at Tangkak cost her just RM 600+.. went to buy materials, do measurements and then get some other auntie to sew.

I just cant believe that my 3 storey can be rm10k and more when my condo in Singapore cost just RM 1300..IF its RM 3000 I can still accept.. anyway its for 2nd and 3rd storey only.. 1st floor dont even need any curtain!

did you mention your area of residence? i suspect these merchants think can add 'premium' to certain tamans and think all of us are carrot heads. perhaps also say you need curtains for 2 levels. Don't tell them you've got 3.

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks v good information
UEM should make it right since the first moment. feedback to them about the security, if they never improve, i guess i will back out on the deal.

I actually do like NI and did consider the semi-D which cost abot 700k some time back. The "Lemanz" in the website is not me, btw. Yes a site visit is the best. It looks like i am outdated about NI already... there is an increase in security fee for Phase 2A residents recently, from RM50 to RM70. They also manage to squeeze out some money to hire a full time cleaner to sweep the precinct, because town council only cuts the grass like once a month. A handful of residents refused to pay for the security fees even before the increase. At Kiara Hills a short distance away, they ended the security service without a new contractor. Hence a very real consideration if you stay at a mixed development is, fellow residents might be resistance to pay the common fund which could render running the place difficult.

The committee at such development usually would register itself, but my understanding is it does not have legal right to compel residents who refused to pay. This is unlike a condo in SG which is governed by Strata Act where the outstanding fees stays with the property and can't run away. Therefore as far as possible avoid development with a high mix of single storeys or low cost units (disclaimer: i am not saying poor people will not pay, or single storey owners are poor people, i am just saying this is the best gauge :smile:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
for those who are interested in nusa duta, I chanced upon their facebook site on the wall their redirect to a MY forum where owners discuss and put up photos. Have a visit if interested. Forum is mainly in mandarin though.

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone advise on the price of Curtains for a full 3-storey semis? The first time I went to ask at Nusa Bestari, the boss told us its RM 10K and above for sure. That really shocks us. ITs not that high quality material, just shield against the sun.

My auntie who was with us told us that her 2 storey terrace at Tangkak cost her just RM 600+.. went to buy materials, do measurements and then get some other auntie to sew.

I just cant believe that my 3 storey can be rm10k and more when my condo in Singapore cost just RM 1300..IF its RM 3000 I can still accept.. anyway its for 2nd and 3rd storey only.. 1st floor dont even need any curtain!

Hello All,

I am driving a private-plate van.
If there is anyone who wants to transport stuff from SG into your place in Nusajaya,
perhaps you may contact me privately / email at [email protected]
Just cover my petrol expenses, plus troubles,...and share more information
thanks

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
Initially I dint mention then he asked. After that he claimed that he do many houses ( 3 storey ) in the Gateway in Horizon Hills the rate averages RM 10,000. I dont know if he is lying but please, the grills for my entire 3 storey semi cost about RM 11K .. how can curtains cost RM 10K I really dont know. Dint know that clothes are costlier than metals!

sound ex.... but did u choose v high quality clothes?? its wise to get another quotation, dont b carrot head~~~

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
sound ex.... but did u choose v high quality clothes?? its wise to get another quotation, dont b carrot head~~~
10,000 RM is a realistic estimation as if you are to buy some good quality curtains it should cost you 30 - 70 RM per square meter and overall windows space in Semi-D would be 3-4 times bigger than of an average condo. You can have a look at a sample price calculations provided by one of my contractors using the link below:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/VnBxQmtiTERtUUd4dnc9PQ

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

if it is just to block the sun as you mentioned, then do measurement of length and height, buy the ready made from Giant hypermart. It is around S$20 per piece. Can always get a handyman to do the curtain rods for you. Should be below S$1000. Fanciful and good quality curtain can goes in 10K . Mentioning those place like HH and EL ,not a good idea.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Initially i wanted to get the ready made curtain rods from giant. But then i realised my window sizes are not standard and it would be a pretty difficult task if i bought them.

So i had to engage services of a KEdai Curtain shop at ST. Cost me Rm 1000. Of course charged more what to do!

But there was no way i could do it myself. Not much of a DIY person.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, quickly logged on to add 2 cents worth:

1. Fixing of cars, i fixed all my cars at the Michellin place opposite the Station One cafe (sometimes Sutera Mall side) No issue with Korean/Jap, only the more expensive cars you need to wait slightly longer as they get parts for you.

Most of my car issues has been fixed by them with no issues, a relative of mine got his fixed there recently, so far, very happy with the results (auto gear problem)

2. Curtains - Got to Plentong Giant(Near to the Tesco Extra), first floor. They have a wide range of curtain cloth, accessories etc and cheap too. Can bargain a bit as well. Just buy and go to those curtain or seamstresses to get it down up. You save at least 60-90% off curtains and you can customize it to your own taste as well. Takes a bit more time, for those who have not much time, Noble Curtain(at the old Attack Curtain premises) (Its opposite the Shell station at Nusa Bestari) is where you want to go. Remember to bargain though.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I also put in exhuast fans for all toilets, you might want to explore having that in the family area on the 2nd floor as some friends did that and found that the house was much cooler especially for those west facing ones.

There are also vents or whirly birds that you can add on:
http://www.turbovent.co.za/turbine_whirlybird.html
http://www.ascentonline.com.au/html/products_gallery/roof_ventilation_products_gallery.html
http://www.savenrg.com/venting.htm
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1135874

Status
Not open for further replies.