• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi guys, back. Been a while as i couldn't log in even after resetting my password several times:

Ok, a few things to add on:

1. Contractor, split the work amongst different contractors unless you have no choice or time

2. School wise, its hard on the kids unless you go by 2nd link and even then you have to see where the kid is studying in SG as the school may be located quite far. Other alternatives include having them study in international schools here. One thing we might want to note is, the stringent schooling requirements in SG does not guarantee a job in future for your kids no matter how many hours they put in or what kind of school they go to.

Why? Because someone from a less stringent background with a degree can get the same job that your son/daughter can and thats assuming their degrees/certs were checked in the first place. It makes me wonder what value do we add on by subjecting kids to torturous hours of additional enrichment, etc.

Don't get me wrong, its not a problem to want to gain an edge over others, but when everyone knows and is doing the same thing you do, what are you achieving in the end?

Its just like waiting in a queue faithfully in the hot burning sun and suddenly a bunch of latecomers get to jump the queue without going through what you did. Sometimes we need to slow down and ask ourselves, is it worth going through the whole process when someone who clearly was not even in the process gets to get in with the same rights and entitlement.

I recalled a learned friend who once told me, the Sengoku Jidai (Warring states era in Japan) could have ended much earlier if only one daimyo (faction) had access to good strategists and the Art of War manual. They all had access to these and thats why it lasted so long and then what? In the end, after all that infighting, the ones not involved in the fighting were the ones who gained.

3. Crime wise - Being in the 2nd link area does not equate to 100% safety, you feel relatively safer here as compared to other areas. Crime happens everywhere, a learned friend once asked me this, name an estate in Singapore that crime has not happened in the past. Name a road or a highway that did not have lives lost on its rough surface. Probably the only road that fits the description is the most famous one.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Any kind soul can explain which is better BLR or KLIBOR?

I am currently on KLIBOR. Not sure if its the right thing.

Hi Prof, i am back. Are you with SCB?

BLR Rates here:
http://www.meshio.com/base-lending-rate/

The BLR is more as an indication of base lending rate, for customers and between banks as stipulated by the bank Negera. As it stands, banks like Eon and Alliance banks have BLR rates like 6.3%-2.3%.

Klibor is more for banks and set to their interbank borrowing rate (KL) :
http://www.wikinvest.com/rate/Kuala_Lumpur_Interbank_Offered_Rate_(KLIBOR)

These has been discussed to death in a few sites, citing one below:
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/721908

A learned person has wrote this:
http://ezinearticles.com/?BLR-Vs-KLIBOR&id=2897298

KLIBOR based housing loan has been introduced to Malaysia property market since mid of last year. Until today, only Standard Chartered bank offering this type of product and named it as MortgageKLIBOR.

The only question comes into my mind is why only one bank offering this?

From my reading in few forums, most of the conclusion given is KLIBOR more fluctuating and react fastest to sentiment of economy. Undeniable KLIBOR is more fluctuating because the interest rates pegged to the 3-month Kuala Lumpur Inter-Bank Offered Rate (KLIBOR), which mean the KLIBOR rate changed every three months.

People tend to feel insecure if the rates changed frequently and this maybe one of the reason this types of loan is not popular in property market. In this article, we will perform case study to compare interest rates offered by BLR & KLIBOR based home loan.

Based on the case study done, we can concludes few things.

For ideal case, if the rates remain unchange for the entire tenure, KLIBOR package offer lower interest rates thus lower interest to pay. The different between KLIBOR package and BLR package is less than 0.1% only.

When BLR rate increase to 6.75, average KLIBOR is higher, thus MortgageKLIBOR package is charging more interest. The different between KLIBOR package and BLR package is less than 0.3%.

For average 4 years times, MortgageKLIBOR is more expensive. The different between KLIBOR package and BLR package is about 0.2%.

In ideal case, which unlikely happen, MortgageKLIBOR is offering lower rates, but only 0.1% different. So for long term consideration, BLR package definitely is lower interest rates.

As we always heard, figures tell the truth. I believe my readers are smart enough to read the figure above.

This comparison purely compare the rates given and to know which types of loan actually allow us to pay less interest. This is not recommendation to any loan, but served as guides only. The other factor such as withdraw flexibility, margin finance, bank and etc should take into consideration when taking a property loan.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow lucky ah you.

I din get anything free.

ONly got a plain house. Nothing else.

Do you think the lady would be interested in helping me out with a couple of racks for my store room? or is it too low level work for them?

I have 3 mini store rooms and need a couple of racks installed. And i am not the DIY guy...

My house at ST comes with free kitchen cabinets. This is the company that does the cabinet work for ST. The interior designer lady I find her very experienced. She can suggest to me where to put what and and where to put switches and lightings. I got her to introduce me the electricity and the ceiling. The price were reasonable too. If you need I can give you her handphone. Just PM me.

PS: I do not have anything to gain from this. Just helping out.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow lucky ah you.

I din get anything free.

ONly got a plain house. Nothing else.

Do you think the lady would be interested in helping me out with a couple of racks for my store room? or is it too low level work for them?

I have 3 mini store rooms and need a couple of racks installed. And i am not the DIY guy...

Hey Prof, actually there is a DIY store here in Bukit Indah, on the way to HH. There is a plump gentleman who is actually very helpful. He charged me a grand total of 50 RM to put up many shelves and drilled holes in the wall. You can check around ST's hard ware stores. There is one store that is quite friendly in ST area, near the new place to make passport, they even sell Shimano fishing gear there as well as make keys, etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
:eek: that's a good half a year & more! is there any time clause on reno contract where the contractor has to finish otherwise they pay compensation or something? hmmm I really got to choose wisely. I have half the mind to ask for ID services from SG...

Actually there is always the 20% that you can hold on to, that is the last 20%. Don't pay this until 1-2 months after the work completion. You can reserve the right not to pay them if you are dissatisfied with the work that was done. Its a very long time though, i have seen more than 5 houses completed their renovation for much less time than that.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh my God... How do you know whats happening in ST as well?

Are you some UMNO guy or some big politician to know everything happening everywhere?:smile: He he...

Thanks Wuqi.

Il check both the shops. I need the shelves desperately to effectively manage my storeroom space.

Now how do i find the DIY store in Bukit INdah?

I somehow know Bukit INdah now.. But how do i locate the DIY shop?

Hey Prof, actually there is a DIY store here in Bukit Indah, on the way to HH. There is a plump gentleman who is actually very helpful. He charged me a grand total of 50 RM to put up many shelves and drilled holes in the wall. You can check around ST's hard ware stores. There is one store that is quite friendly in ST area, near the new place to make passport, they even sell Shimano fishing gear there as well as make keys, etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey hey hey...

Where did i say i like Toll? I inserted a frown next to it to clearly indicate my dislike for it.

Wish i was the UMNO big fish. I wont be here in this forum then...:biggrin:

Sometimes big fishes like to go into shallow waters, did a read up recently on Bullsharks in water that is clearly not seawater, yet they are hunting there. There is even a recent program on discovery channel about this.

Speaking of Toll, the Perling toll plaza(where you go to top up TNG card) is currently selling the Touch and Go machine for 130 RM each. It comes with a 10 RM Touch and Go card with the deposit paid, so its more like 110RM in actual price. Useful for those who needs to travel through highway frequently or wants to beat the queue.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi

Our petrol tank was closing in on the 3/4 mark.

My wife suggested for the 1st time in years if we could JB just to top up Petrol. So we ended up doing just that. Took us an hour though.

Would have been more worth it if we had makan around there as well right? but then we will end up spending more..

Nothing wrong with that actually, you are smart actually money wise. Just 2 years ago, yours truly would have scoffed at you. Even my dad and mum still said, this is retribution for my scoffing and ranting about plantations, etc just a few years ago.

The biggest critic became the strongest supporter. Indeed ironical

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Prof,

They are based on the way to HH, on your way to HH, look to your left, they are right next to a coffeeshop and yellow signboard with the 3 key letters that make it easy to locate them:

D I Y

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My house at ST comes with free kitchen cabinets. This is the company that does the cabinet work for ST. The interior designer lady I find her very experienced. She can suggest to me where to put what and and where to put switches and lightings. I got her to introduce me the electricity and the ceiling. The price were reasonable too. If you need I can give you her handphone. Just PM me.

PS: I do not have anything to gain from this. Just helping out.

Thanks Cathylmg, you are always so helpful. Now i don't know how to up points anymore. Will up you as soon as i find out how to.

Added - Found out how to already but must wait a while more before i can up your points again.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi yeah bro i am with SCB.

I noticed in the last couple of months my installment shot up over RM 500. Not sure if its a bank error or more to do iwth KLIBOR.

More with KLIBOR sir, they tend to fluctuate more but not to worry, they will also rise lesser % as compared to BLR. I would not advise going on the KLIBOR if you can but thats just 1.5 cents worth.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Quote - Most importantly check if your area is covered by 3G/HSDPA. I think at the moment Celcom/Maxis is pretty reliable. I tried Maxis really fast and i use the Maxis prepaid service. Quite Good, stable connection and great download speeds in my humble opinion and experience.

Atleast the one who is fussy (my wife) has stopped complaining. PReviously i tried DIGI (They had only GPRS coverage for my area). The download took forever[/QUOTE]
---------------------------------------------
Agreed with the Prof on this, Celcom and Maxis is ok (depending on area)
Digi does not cover HH area (at least for now)

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am already on KLIBOR for the past one year Wuqi. My installment has increased by a good 1k. Intially i brushed the increases aside. But now they are substantial.

I may need to call SCB and change to BLR if possible.

Cant bear the increases.

HEartache.

Oh my you cant call me sir, You are the SIR. you know so much and we have learned so much from you.:smile:

More with KLIBOR sir, they tend to fluctuate more but not to worry, they will also rise lesser % as compared to BLR. I would not advise going on the KLIBOR if you can but thats just 1.5 cents worth.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Setia Tropika also not covered by Digi's 3G/HSPDA network.

Its only the Digi's GPRS network at Setia. So although i burnt my fingers initially with DIGI now i will stick to Maxis/Celcom.

---------------------------------------------
Agreed with the Prof on this, Celcom and Maxis is ok (depending on area)
Digi does not cover HH area (at least for now)[/QUOTE]

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of differences.

1) KL is an Urban oasis. JB has a long long way to go before it can get anywhere close to KL

2) Transport is a non issue in KL (except for the Taxis). In JB if you dun have a car you cant get anywhere

3) Jobs are plentiful in KL. JB? I dun think so.

4) Lots of malls and shopping options in KL. JB?

5) KL convenient. JB not yet very convenient.

and the list goes on

Hi, could those bros living in JB tell me any significant living difference between JB and KL?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Wuqi thanks for introducing me to Eminent massage.

I have been enjoying myself since i found the place at the corner of the row of shophouses that incluces EuroRich Hotel.

Thank you man:smile::smile:

I tried the Foot reflexology. Rm 38 (excl taxes) Rm 41 (approx incl taxes) for one hour.

The therapists are all from China.

The men have more strength or use more strength. The girls i tried did not use a lot of strength. So women can use girls for therapy while those who prefer harder massage should go for the men.

They tried to upsell things such as the Salt for soaking feet, essential oil for massage, upsell for a more expensive massage etc.

I politely rejected the upsells.

They were not unduly worried and carried on with the job.

The interior decor was great.

Generally a great place.

After a couple of sessions myself i took my wife as well and she is pretty much impressed.

Thanks for the introduction Wuqi.

The place is open till 2:00am right?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Cathylmg, you are always so helpful. Now i don't know how to up points anymore. Will up you as soon as i find out how to.

Added - Found out how to already but must wait a while more before i can up your points again.

Thanks Wuqi. Actually I don't mind lah. Just wanna help fellow Singaporeans here as I feel obligated to help out our own species. Who knows I might be the one asking for help the next moment right? :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.