• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorisPing

Alfrescian
Loyal
like a sniper...hehehe...very dangerous.
Like this better buy those firecrackers...or rockets...can aim, shoot and claim self defence...hehehe...
Somemore, although firecrackers / rockets are consider 'illegal' in My, it's still being sold openly...hehehe...
Malaysia bole !!

I want fire and forget type of self defense device. Taser still has wires and should have limited range. I want to shoot burglars outside the house with an air gun inside the house.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Similar sentiments.

Ur right.

weekend ers dun keep valuables.

my house they can get the tv, aircons etc only...

I can always buy that again.

GSM module is a few hundred RM and requires a GSM chip with monthly subscription. Same for land lines which require monthly subscription. Most weekenders don't keep valuables in the house, so it is not a major issue. I'm looking for air-gun though to protect myself if there is burglary in the house while I'm there.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
GSM module is a few hundred RM and requires a GSM chip with monthly subscription. Same for land lines which require monthly subscription. Most weekenders don't keep valuables in the house, so it is not a major issue. I'm looking for air-gun though to protect myself if there is burglary in the house while I'm there.

Think you ought to learn some KUNGFU and give these robbers a kick on their butt.

Can we hire a squad of in house GUKHAS to protect the houses ?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think you ought to learn some KUNGFU and give these robbers a kick on their butt.

they come in group of 4 - 5. all armed with parang. high on drugs. takes only a few minute to cut the metal grill and smash open front door. they don't care who is inside, can be broad daylight, 7pm 8pm. good luck stopping them. best is to not be targetted at all.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
they come in group of 4 - 5. all armed with parang. high on drugs. takes only a few minute to cut the metal grill and smash open front door. they don't care who is inside, can be broad daylight, 7pm 8pm. good luck stopping them. best is to not be targetted at all.

Keep a pack of pitbulls, that should wake up those high on drugs.:biggrin:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the houses where I live has hired two full time security guards who live all the while in his house.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you serious..am considering weekend hse in HH or mount Aust.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Similar sentiments.

Ur right.

weekend ers dun keep valuables.

my house they can get the tv, aircons etc only...

I can always buy that again.

true , e most expensive item i have in my house is my celini's marble dinning table , they can try to move if they want , its soooooo heavy

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For some, the door is for the occupants protection, for others, the door actually exists to protect the would be robbers.
Burglary and robbery happens everywhere in this world with perhaps a much lower chance in Japan.

If it was really that bad a push factor, some folks in SG may need to move as well, yes housebreaking, violent property crimes do occur in Singapore too.
You don't see everyone moving out of the country they are in just because of that.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/stats/statsmid2013_overall.htm

OVERALL CRIME FELL BY 6.3%

In the first six-months of 2013, overall crime reported fell by 6.3% to 14,562 cases as compared to 15,539 cases over the same period last year.

Four of the six crime classes registered decreases. They are namely, Housebreaking and Related Crimes (-24.3%), Commercial Crimes (-14.3%), Theft and Related Crimes (-6.8%) and Miscellaneous Crimes (-4.8%). Improvements were seen in unlicensed moneylending and phone scams, which were concerns highlighted for 2012.

Two crime classes registered increases. They are Crimes Against Persons (+ 5.3%) and Violent Property Crimes (+3.7%).

From the period (6 months) of Jan to Jun in 2013, there were over 14,000 cases both minor and major. This was still an improvement over 2012 where there were over 15,000 cases.

This is not like the fairy land numbers a lot of my friends were thinking of. They did not believe me when pointed out that there was over 250 housebreaking cases in the first 6 months of 2013 alone. To most of them, when i asked how many cases did they think happen in Singapore, the surprising number most gave was all below 10 and it was for an entire year.

SPF.jpgSPF.jpg

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
wats the point of staying in jb since u need them to protect yr house ?

What i am saying is that the management must hire a squad of Gukhas to protect the people inside the whole area. Maybe 30 to 40 of them to secure the whole area.

They are well trained in unarmed combat.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What i am saying is that the management must hire a squad of Gukhas to protect the people inside the whole area. Maybe 30 to 40 of them to secure the whole area.

They are well trained in unarmed combat.

No point, the next thing someone else will say is that the gurkhas will band together with the management and rob you themselves.
If one has a bone to pick, there will always be calcium deposits somewhere.

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same here.... the only things they can take away are my fridge, tv, aircons and beds.

Thats all.

I dun think they wanna move my huge fridge, dining table, beds lol

My plants? aiyo they must be crazy to do that.... lol

most are edibles and herbs ....

so what will they take?

But i guess those in unguarded areas better be watchful.

Talking about G&G imho again HH is pretty much the Gold Standard.

Now regarding other developers with local security guards then they have to worry coz i have heard of many cases of insiders job (read security guards) in the absense of residents or in cases where the township is really new...

true , e most expensive item i have in my house is my celini's marble dinning table , they can try to move if they want , its soooooo heavy

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
ur right absolutely.

if u kena its ur bad luck.

best that we are never targetted

Status
Not open for further replies.