• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
When such a discussion takes place, it shows how sad people are, how fed up they are because of certain policies. If people are so happy and if things are so good would we all move to JB? people in jb much muich more friendly.

even our regular makan style auntie so friendly to us. here in sinkieland, they don't even bother, take money next, lai lai, yao chi she mo? I work there i feel like king, everyone treat each other so well., i work here, i kenna all sorts of BS from all ard. when makan with collegues in MY, all talk about life, about work professionalism, in SG all talk about this car , that car, whose car more power, whuich condo to buy? kenna what fine how much? dulan with parking warden from China, ..... the lists goes on.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
8 years ago i don't remember which country, i met a traveller who talks about singapore, your country everything very beautiful, every tree in line, very clean. transport all very good but i don't see the people laughing or smiling. i think there is something wrong. she was right.

10 years ago in SG Antoher foreigner one morning he took train instead of taxi which coy allow him to claim, he asked , did something happen this morning? he said everyone all looking down on their newspaper or heads down , bowing. did anyone prominent in SG die? we all laughed our heads off.

today all look at their fones busy playin with it.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Served NS already, and still want to give up SG passport? Why not have the best of both worlds?

Yah no pt getting Malaysian passport as overseas travel is a hassle. Stay in JB landed, and drive a big MY car eg 2.0L Accord for RM150K. Then rent out your HDB flat to "foreign talents" & collect rent. Best if you have a condo that you can rent out too to these "foreign talents". With these rental income from HDB & condo, you can easily retire in MY liao. You will probably not get to see your CPF money, but it's "their money" to begin with, not yours.

If you feel bored, SG is just mins drive away for fine dining & luxury shopping; & you also have access to all the Sinkie TV programs. Crime is a concern, yes, but with adequate precautions, the benefits outweight the drawbacks imho.... Without 150th reporting on MY crime in the headline pages, JB would have long been flooded with sinkies liao!

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi anyone can advise what is the fees(legal,loan and stamp duty) for a property worth rm550k and loan amount rm440k?
my agent quoted me rm42k(include rm15k, foreigner levy)
please help and advice.
thank you so much!

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I need help, anyone doing renovation? I need to get rid of unwanted wood and unfinished cement. Do you know where I can dump them???

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I need help, anyone doing renovation? I need to get rid of unwanted wood and unfinished cement. Do you know where I can dump them???

Sorry if it is a silly question.

Have you ask your contractor to dispose it?

Otherwise, if you have a truck, one of the construction sites would do, I think! :smile:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi anyone can advise what is the fees(legal,loan and stamp duty) for a property worth rm550k and loan amount rm440k?
my agent quoted me rm42k(include rm15k, foreigner levy)
please help and advice.
thank you so much!

RM 15K for the Foreigner's levy sounds high. I paid less than RM 11K for it. RM 10K goes to the Government while the lawyers charge RM1K. But that may have changed in the past year.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah no pt getting Malaysian passport as overseas travel is a hassle. Stay in JB landed, and drive a big MY car eg 2.0L Accord for RM150K. Then rent out your HDB flat to "foreign talents" & collect rent. Best if you have a condo that you can rent out too to these "foreign talents". With these rental income from HDB & condo, you can easily retire in MY liao. You will probably not get to see your CPF money, but it's "their money" to begin with, not yours.

If you feel bored, SG is just mins drive away for fine dining & luxury shopping; & you also have access to all the Sinkie TV programs. Crime is a concern, yes, but with adequate precautions, the benefits outweight the drawbacks imho.... Without 150th reporting on MY crime in the headline pages, JB would have long been flooded with sinkies liao!

Yes bro, I totally agree with your point.

After all the hard work building up the country and serving NS, the least if for us to use the Passport.

CPF Money is a tax. We should just forget about it.

On crime, of late, I noticed that the MSM is stepping up their coverage of KL and JB crimes. Looks like too many of us are getting comfortable with live in Malaysia. Time to strike some fear!

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
i saw two portion, for purchase and for loan.
i am just curious if there are hidden costs although i know they need to earn here n there.

RM 15K for the Foreigner's levy sounds high. I paid less than RM 11K for it. RM 10K goes to the Government while the lawyers charge RM1K. But that may have changed in the past year.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some pictures of the Gateway. Finally my turn to share some pictures. Please excuse grainy pictures and shaky hands. :smile:

IMG_0184.JPGIMG_0199.JPGIMG_0166.JPGIMG_0162.JPG

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes bro, I totally agree with your point.

After all the hard work building up the country and serving NS, the least if for us to use the Passport.

CPF Money is a tax. We should just forget about it.

On crime, of late, I noticed that the MSM is stepping up their coverage of KL and JB crimes. Looks like too many of us are getting comfortable with live in Malaysia. Time to strike some fear!

Sometimes they cannot make up their minds i think, either to promote it or diss it. Its also to balance against the spate of crime reporting in SG as well.
I guess they want to promote it on one hand but are cautious on overpromoting it to the detriment of interests in SG. So it becomes a love/hate relationship for MY but their symbiotic relationship is evident from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.