• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, our own Prime Minister and his father don't even respect their own people. What do you expect?

Singaporean opposition politicians say things that are disagreeable and they are sued and treated like pariahs in the society.

Ah Tiongs insult us on YouTube and national TV but there are no actions. The bloke continues to live in our midst and PM say 'move on'!

I say MOVE OUT of Singapore to JB is right! :cool:

Ah Tiong insult us on YouTube??? Which ah Tiong ?? Someone here also called sometimes as ah Tiong!!! Hehehehehe lol:biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear Wuqi

So touched by your salute and deeds for our nsf/ nsmen.

As much as I dislike the many thgs abt sg, it still IS my home (place where i was born, schooled, fell in love with my sweetheart, got married and my 3 children's birthplace) and i M sure when the call is made it is ppl like u n me who will be comrade in arms ready to repel any threat. I salute u too bro wuqi!

Bro Doa
Thank you for your well wishes :smile: too.

I know where I will be in times of war, purple light in the valley, that is where, I want to be.
As long as they still want me, this useless excuse of a soldier will fight to the end or die trying

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
LRespect..respect..
Maybe we can form "legend of water lake" and named 108 heros among ourselves.. Wuqi will be "song Jiang" the leader(also leader of righteousness).. Maybe I can be the "wu song"..as I am sipping wines again... We know there is tiger in the mountain, yet we purposely walk to meet the tiger..for freedom and respect for ourselves as a human...

I used Tuas today and was stucked for approx 4hours.. Saw the maid of the car in front throwing a packet of yellow water outside her employer's car.. Hope that belong to the employee's kids..and not hers.... Lucky no smelly chocoloate cake out of car window.. If dreamaction ate too much before the road trip, he might have to throw some chocolate color lump out..because the jam is too bad..lucky xiao long nu is sleeping..it doesn't take sense to drive in today... I need to be in tomorrow to receive my beds and other stuffs... I must make sure not to eat too much...

Actually loyalty counts as number 1 for me, hence I will not want to be him as he sold out some guys and caused the death of Li Kui though in retrospect, he meant well. My life is more like that of Lin Chong, a tragic figure crossed with another guy, Wu Yong. :(

Wow scary jam, hope it will be better for you tomorrow. We all need, a better tomorrow. (yes a fan of the character Mark in that movie)

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually loyalty counts as number 1 for me, hence I will not want to be him as he sold out some guys and caused the death of Li Kui though in retrospect, he meant well. My life is more like that of Lin Chong, a tragic figure crossed with another guy, Wu Yong. :(

Wow scary jam, hope it will be better for you tomorrow. We all need, a better tomorrow. (yes a fan of the character Mark in that movie)

When I came across the name Liu Pang, I think of Wuqi.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
When I came across the name Liu Pang, I think of Wuqi.

Thanks for comparing me with the Gaozu emperor. I am not as great as him nor as shrewd.
I definitely always leave a route of escape even for some of my enemies and to slay a friend
out of suspicion is definitely not for me.

"Yong ren bu yi, yi ren bu yong" (Doubt not the people you use, use not the people you doubt) - Sun Quan

My character is more like Fan Li or Sun Wu (not fit to carry their shoes though) actually.
As after the work is done, i crave not for position, fame or fortune and just happy to fade away.

I am a fan of this man who ranks equal, Wu Zi (吴子) besides Sun Zi (孙子) yet was largely forgotten.
Wu Qi - 吴起

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Qi

Born in the State of Wei (衛), he was skilled in leading armies and military strategy. He had served in the states of Lu and Wei. In the state of Wei he commanded many great battles and was appointed Xihe Shou (Mayor of Xihe county). Xihe was the area between the Yellow and Luo Rivers that Wei had just taken from Qin. Later, after he was estranged from his lord and forced into exile, Wu Qi went to the State of Chu where he was appointed Prime minister by King Dao of Chu (楚悼王). His reforms made Chu a strong state at that time. The reforms he instituted enraged the old nobility in Chu and he was killed after the death of King Dao of Chu.

Wu's reforms, which started around 389 BC, were generally aimed at changing the corrupt and inefficient government. The nobility and officialdom were terribly corrupt and the government was burdened with the costs of paying them and a horde of other minor officials. Wu first lowered the annual pay of the Chu officials, then dismissed officials who were useless or incompetent. He also eliminated hereditary privileges after three generations. The money saved by cutting costs was used to create and train a more professional army.

Another of Wu's deeds was to move all the nobles to the borders, away from the capital: it could reduce their power and at the same time it could populate those areas, making them more useful to the Chu government. He is also credited with thinking up a set of building codes in Ying, in order to make the city look less "barbaric".

Although his reforms soon started to make Chu a powerful country, the nobles and Daoists of Chu hated him. Nobles accused him of trying to change the old ways, and even managed to find fault with the building codes. Daoists accused him of being a "warmonger" and an "admirer of force and weaponry", even going as far as to say that he was "a threat to humanity". He was accused of not returning to mourn when his mother died and for murdering his own wife (who was the daughter of a noble from the rival state of Qi) in order to gain trust from the ruler of the state of Lu. It is uncertain historically whether either of these charges are true, or whether they were created by Wu Qi's political enemies to slander him.

Chu's prowess was quickly seen during that period: Chu defeated the Yue state in the south and the Wei in the north, dealing with each in quick succession. However, King Dao died that same year. Old nobles plotted to assassinate Wu Qi at King Dao's funeral, where he would be separated from the army. Wu Qi spotted the assassins armed with bows, and rushed to the side of King Dao's body. He was killed, but many arrows struck the dead King. The new King Su (楚肃王), furious at his father's body being mutilated, ordered all nobles involved to be executed, along with their families.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Heard someone from Leisure farm managed to sell her bungalow that she got architects and designers to do up for 5.5m.
Pretty happy for her as my learned retired friends knows her well.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard someone from Leisure farm managed to sell her bungalow that she got architects and designers to do up for 5.5m.
Pretty happy for her as my learned retired friends knows her well.

Hey bro, what would be the size of such bungalows typically?

But must say that I noticed that there has been some construction activities going on in LF when I drove by.

Much nicer now than the 1 or 2 half built properties sitting around. It was an eye sore then.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sad truth, but the 60% don't mind, they more worried their HDB or private property values drop or their business can't hire cheap workers!

PAP have always been praising foreigners to the sky while putting down Singaporeans and that is why the foreigners get so bold.

A great portion of the 60% are held at ransom.

As you have correctly pointed out, the worry of their assets are blocking their conscience. Naturally, this has also led to the 'not in my backyard syndrome'.

But can we blame them when the Government espouses on asset value enhancements in their policy making and propaganda.

Vote me or your property price will drop. If your mortgage is $1 million, it is a compelling motivation!

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry.. You know history.. I know Song Jiang eventually succumbed to greed, power and fear..but thought that is just Ye Shi ie..some deviation from the original.. Though he managed to get 108 heros under him to fight for justice is a solid achievement.

Think about it how many leaders in history have turned out to be bad at their twilight? It is all greed, power and fear.. So some wised folks were, keep things simple is a virtue.. After fighting and win a war, must know when to retire... Those that refused sure will have problem... Something familiar in our local contacts?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
LRespect..respect..
Maybe we can form "legend of water lake" and named 108 heros among ourselves.. Wuqi will be "song Jiang" the leader(also leader of righteousness).. Maybe I can be the "wu song"..as I am sipping wines again... We know there is tiger in the mountain, yet we purposely walk to meet the tiger..for freedom and respect for ourselves as a human...

I used Tuas today and was stucked for approx 4hours.. Saw the maid of the car in front throwing a packet of yellow water outside her employer's car.. Hope that belong to the employee's kids..and not hers.... Lucky no smelly chocoloate cake out of car window.. If dreamaction ate too much before the road trip, he might have to throw some chocolate color lump out..because the jam is too bad..lucky xiao long nu is sleeping..it doesn't take sense to drive in today... I need to be in tomorrow to receive my beds and other stuffs... I must make sure not to eat too much...

Wow , yr house renovated Liao. So gd. Ya never use tuas during long weekends , very scary de. Coz at least woodlands jam e most 1 or 1.5 hrs nia. u should stay in hotel ma still today hv to go again .....

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
this site is encyclopedia for property in JB!!!
although not an active member, i do take time to go through the contents

Sharing my experience... went to JB yesterday and managed to visit HH & Bukit Indah. Previous visit were to ND and NI
As its already shared in this forum, HH has the x-factor and prices on very high side :( Want expert advice from people out here who already own house in HH. (we are buying property for investment which might be our retirement home in future)
1) how easy it is to rent out cluster/semi-d in HH (with partial/fully furnished)
2) what is expected rental yield
3) resale market values for cluster/semi-d

appreciate expert advice... could help me decide to go/nogo ... in confused state now :(

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
My apology Wuqi. I must admit I have not yet read much into Liu Pang character, particularly the negative sides. My intention was about your leadership qualities. Sorry once more. On the other hand, glad to know someone still into Chinese classics, culture and wisdom nowadays.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Have to learn. Normally I drived in during non peak time via woodland... Now become more busy and harder to drive in on weekdays..

Yesterday I am thinking how to help you piss your German colleague... What is German most famous food? I can't think of anything beside German sausage... Next time stick a sausage on the wall as a darting board, buy a squeeze sausage for stress relief, or simply munch sausage in front of him whenever he is naughty..

Wow , yr house renovated Liao. So gd. Ya never use tuas during long weekends , very scary de. Coz at least woodlands jam e most 1 or 1.5 hrs nia. u should stay in hotel ma still today hv to go again .....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Have to learn. Normally I drived in during non peak time via woodland... Now become more busy and harder to drive in on weekdays..

Yesterday I am thinking how to help you piss your German colleague... What is German most famous food? I can't think of anything beside German sausage... Next time stick a sausage on the wall as a darting board, buy a squeeze sausage for stress relief, or simply munch sausage in front of him whenever he is naughty..

Now woodlands very clear , can chiong in Liao. .....
Thanks for yr thoughts on e German colleague!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My apology Wuqi. I must admit I have not yet read much into Liu Pang character, particularly the negative sides. My intention was about your leadership qualities. Sorry once more. On the other hand, glad to know someone still into Chinese classics, culture and wisdom nowadays.

No apologies at all but really thank you so much for thinking so highly, most of my relatives certainly don't. Including one who earns a gargantuan 12k and shouts at us almost everytime she sees us. She also never greet my mother and father though she is a "wan bei" making me lose the respect i had for a ex president scholar. Gives them a real bad name. Is the worth and character of an individual measured by his pay? Then some of us are way more worthy than some ex president scholar who don't even know common courtesy to greet ones elders.

He was fine in the beginning but not so good at the end towards his friends and allies.

Sun Wu, Fan Li are those who, after knowing the deed is done and that being at the top is not their priority, knew when to quit and faded away from the reigns of power. Those who do not know when to quit when the work is done are those who are destined to have bad names after they are gone.

Wu Zi Xu, Fan Zeng are those who thought to keep on helping but what happened to them in the end but sorrow. In context of Han dynasty, Xiao He was lucky but not for Han Xin. Even Xiao He had to live under Gaozu's constant suspicion until the day he passed on.

I don't know much history but using it to compare against the events of this world, lets one glean a deeper insight and understanding.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey bro, what would be the size of such bungalows typically?

But must say that I noticed that there has been some construction activities going on in LF when I drove by.

Much nicer now than the 1 or 2 half built properties sitting around. It was an eye sore then.

Its about 10,000 sq ft for build up typically depending also on the levels one has and can potentially be more if i am not mistaken. Yes they are reviving and also resurrecting some abandoned projects. Agree, it looks so much better.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A great portion of the 60% are held at ransom.

As you have correctly pointed out, the worry of their assets are blocking their conscience. Naturally, this has also led to the 'not in my backyard syndrome'.

But can we blame them when the Government espouses on asset value enhancements in their policy making and propaganda.

Vote me or your property price will drop. If your mortgage is $1 million, it is a compelling motivation!

True, being squeezed by them is part of our lives, i choose not to be held by ransom as there is a time and place for everything and being under a constant yoke? Its not for me.

Quoting a fable i remembered well:
http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl/bl_aesop_dog_wolf.htm

The Dog and the Wolf
A gaunt Wolf was almost dead with hunger when he happened to meet a House-dog who was passing by. "Ah, Cousin," said the Dog. "I knew how it would be; your irregular life will soon be the ruin of you. Why do you not work steadily as I do, and get your food regularly given to you?"
"I would have no objection," said the Wolf, "if I could only get a place."

"I will easily arrange that for you," said the Dog; "come with me to my master and you shall share my work."

So the Wolf and the Dog went towards the town together. On the way there the Wolf noticed that the hair on a certain part of the Dog's neck was very much worn away, so he asked him how that had come about.

"Oh, it is nothing," said the Dog. "That is only the place where the collar is put on at night to keep me chained up; it chafes a bit, but one soon gets used to it."

"Is that all?" said the Wolf. "Then good-bye to you, Master Dog."

Better starve free than be a fat slave.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sorry.. You know history.. I know Song Jiang eventually succumbed to greed, power and fear..but thought that is just Ye Shi ie..some deviation from the original.. Though he managed to get 108 heros under him to fight for justice is a solid achievement.

Think about it how many leaders in history have turned out to be bad at their twilight? It is all greed, power and fear.. So some wised folks were, keep things simple is a virtue.. After fighting and win a war, must know when to retire... Those that refused sure will have problem... Something familiar in our local contacts?

Thank you, only a little. This though was just a novel though some small parts were based on history. Seriously there are lots more here like you who knows more than me yet chose not to embarrass me with their knowledge. Killing his most faithful companion (Li Kui) to save many may seem justify but its also sad. He pursued recognition and legitimacy after getting the pardon to the detriment of the men following him not knowing that all this while the court was just using them.

I am one of those who don't need to be number one or get the top position. Somehow its ingrained in me not to, from young so i am happy to just help push things along. I know what i will do if i was in a position of power, give it up when its time to.

In life, its all about the timing and there is a time for everything. Nobody likes someone who is taking it overtime.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not expert but these are my personal experience, there are also other places like EL as well:

this site is encyclopedia for property in JB!!!
although not an active member, i do take time to go through the contents

Sharing my experience... went to JB yesterday and managed to visit HH & Bukit Indah. Previous visit were to ND and NI
As its already shared in this forum, HH has the x-factor and prices on very high side :( Want expert advice from people out here who already own house in HH. (we are buying property for investment which might be our retirement home in future)
1) how easy it is to rent out cluster/semi-d in HH (with partial/fully furnished) - Easy, for me all rented out within 3 months
2) what is expected rental yield - 7-8% depending on the type you bought, its harder to get this now as prices have gone up but then rental has gone up too.
3) resale market values for cluster/semi-d - GREAT

appreciate expert advice... could help me decide to go/nogo ... in confused state now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.