• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Supporters fall in here!!! Season 2008/09

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is not really true. Each season depends on what happens to all the teams competing for the title. The ultimate winner is always worthy because even if the other competitors have cocked up that would also mean that the ultimate winner has cocked up less.:wink:

You must be joking if you consider drawing against 4 teams AT HOME that are of mid-table or even relegation calibre as all right. God forbid if Loserfools will to win the league title this season, then they must be most unworthy winner in the history of the premier league.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a big grin on my face this morning when I put on the telly to see the scores while having my cuppa. Good old Joe Morrison was spot on when he predicted that Chelsea would probably draw based on the other Big 3 drawing earlier in the weekend. Monday sunshine instead of Monday blues:smile:

This season is certainly turning out to be the most open title race in EPL history, even Villa now appear to stand a chance!

As for the coming big one @ Emirates, I think Liverpool can pull off a victory but it all depends on whether Rafa plays the right team and right tactics.

well Chelsea also drew against West Ham.
so it is not only we that are dropping pts.
our rivals also dropped.
this weekend against another BIG 4 - Arsenal at Emirates.
can we step-up the tempo ?
yes,we can !

bro Piew,we shall see at end of the season.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't blow your horn too hard lah, your good friend Ronnie should have been given an early pass to the showers at Whitehart Lane for his immature petty kick. As for Rooney, pleaes tell him that he is playing football and not rugby:rolleyes:

As for the title, let's wait until May:smile:

PS Btw I am Dominican!!

Anyone who has a positive view of their team drawing another game at home must have a small team mentallity. Ask that Puerto Rican playboy Porfirio Rubirosa whether Loserfools is small or big club.:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you watch both games? I may be a long suffering die hard Reds fan but I am also a realist as well. When the Reds play like shit and/or when Rafa cocks up on game plans and strategy, I say so. Back to your question, I still say that the Reds deserved to win that Spurs game (not the league cup one hor), that day really no luck as the ball would not go in for them.

How do you beat Chelsea and lose to Spurs in the same weekend?

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a big grin on my face this morning when I put on the telly to see the scores while having my cuppa. Good old Joe Morrison was spot on when he predicted that Chelsea would probably draw based on the other Big 3 drawing earlier in the weekend. Monday sunshine instead of Monday blues:smile:

This season is certainly turning out to be the most open title race in EPL history, even Villa now appear to stand a chance!

As for the coming big one @ Emirates, I think Liverpool can pull off a victory but it all depends on whether Rafa plays the right team and right tactics.

Dun hold your breath. The Gunners will knock the teeth out of Liverpool this weekend. Wenger told me it doesn't matter who Rafa puts up to play. They will win this easily.:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
:o
One of the Kop's former heroes has been left red-faced over his recent claims about the future of the club's struggling Irish striker...
»Comments (9) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us galleria zoom Mark Lawrenson caused a stir when he said on Today FM this week that Steven Gerrard, the Liverpool captain, had told him that Robbie Keane could be offloaded in January.

"I was having a drink with Steven Gerrard at a function on Saturday and we talked about Robbie Keane," the former Republic of Ireland star said.

"He said they shared the same agent and, quite honestly, he thinks something’s going to happen with Keane in January. It sounds like he could be moved on."

Keane has struggled to settle at Liverpool since his £20 million move from Tottenham Hotspur, and there has been considerable speculation over his immediate future.

But Gerrard has refuted Lawrenson's claims, and the Merseyside club - who have been constant in their backing of Keane - have wasted no time issuing an official response.

"Mark’s remarks are his interpretation of a private chat," an Anfield spokesperson told the press last night.

"They do no accurately reflect Steven’s opinion of Robbie and they certainly do not tally with Steven’s recollection of the conversation itself."

Nevertheless, only time will tell whether Lawrenson's ill-advised utterances were on the mark.
They can't be serious about selling Keane so soon after they paid 20 million pounds? Wat about Dossena? Recruited for only 6 months!!
It is not true to say that Liverpool is a poor club. I am sure they will lose afew million pounds if they decide to sell these players in January.:eek:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah I too read this story at the LFC site. This Mark Lawrenson should keep his bloody mouth shut, assuming that he did indeed spill the beans. Does not help matters within the team to spread such stories and also get's Stevie G in a pickle.

Frankly I can't believe Rafa is going to sell Keane so soon especially after spending a fortune on him unless he can get back the same price.

I would like to see Hesky back at Anfield, now good value and able to provide the strength to hold the ball up and also score afew goals as well.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liverpool
Sat 21st Dec Arsenal vs LFC
Fri 26th Dec LFC vs Bolton
Sat 28th Dec Newcastle vs LFC
Sat 10th Jan Stoke vs LFC
Mon 19th Jan LFC vs Everton
Tue 27th Jan Wigan vs LFC
Sun 1st Feb LFC vs Chelsea

Man U:
They go off round the world to Japan to play in the World Club Football thingy.
Fri 26th Dec Stoke vs ManU ..... It will be interesting to see just how much 8 hours time difference has affected the Mancs.
Mon 29th Dec ManU vs Middlesborough
Sun 11th Jan ManU vs Chelsea
Wed 14th Jan ManU vs Wigan .... probs ManU win
Sat 17th Jan Bolton vs ManU
Tue 27th Jan WBA vs ManU
Mon 2nd Feb ManU vs Everton

Officially games 18 through to game 24, although ManU still have a game in hand .... which was game 3 against Fulham postponed to 17th Feb 2009 .... ManU vs Fulham.
Therefore, ManU will have 2 games in hand before they come back to play their first game after Japan on Boxing Day.

Chelsea have:
Mon 22nd Dec Everton vs Chelsea
Fri 26th Dec Chelsea vs WBA
Sun 28th Dec Fulham vs Chelsea
Sun 11th Jan ManU vs Chelsea
Sat 17th Jan Chelsea vs Stoke
Wed 28th Jan Chelsea vs Middlesborough
Sun 1st Feb LFC vs Chelsea

Interesting though to see who will sitting up there as top club after 2nd Feb 2009.:cool:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
i will be happy if we can come away with a point.
afterall,both team have get the better of the other BIG 4 - Chelsea and MU.
so a draw will be consider a good result for us.

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
can we beat the last of the BIG 4 by winning at Emirates,tomorrow ?
i also hope that we can show the rest of EPL that this season,it will be our season.

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope history repeats itself. When Gerard Houllier was hospitalised a few years back, Liverpool went on a winning streak under the assistant manager Phil Thomson and finished winning 3 Cups in that season :smile:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny thing about this game is that the Reds played better when the Gooners had 11 men on the pitch! Ironically after Adebayor was sent off the Gooners looked more threatening.

All in quite an entertaining match, happy to see Keane score with a smashing goal and also a good performance by young Insua. A fair result I would say. Abit unfortunate the Reds could not take all 3 points against a 10 men Arsenal side but then again if you asked before the match whether I would settle for a point I would have probably said yes. Hope to see Reds get 6 points over christmas though.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
These Loserfools supporters really has no shame. Another draw, the fifth in a row, and here there are talking about this being their so-called season. It will be tears yet again in May 09 for them.:biggrin:

SHOOoo..... Read the thread Title !! Liverpool Supporters fall in here !!!
Obviously which you are not one..... shoo go away dun kacheow our thread :rolleyes:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Geez. Another big teams screw-up week. Liverpool should have taken the chance to go 4 points ahead. Thankfully Chelsea also screwed up.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ho ho ho ho...Santa came early with the Reds still sitting at the top of tree oops I mean league this christmas, really can't believe what is going on in the EPL this season, with all the big teams dropping points. At the moment it appears that 5 teams stand a chance to win the title, so it is all to play for.

I hate to say this (and Wayne Piew shall probably enjoy it) but my head says that the team who ends up above Man U shall probably win the title (as Man U's home form is pretty formidable).

Reds need to take 6 points over the x'mas period to throw down the gauntlet to the rest. My heart says they can do it, but my head is still confused.