• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

lets break chinese tradition lion dance ;)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;053S4B5J0is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=053S4B5J0is[/video]

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
There're no lions in China and yet Chinese have lion dance. There're no lions in Singapore and yet Singapore is named lion city.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes yes let's westernize everything.

The weird thing is why does it only seem to apply to chinese stuff.

Where's the malay tikek barat shuffle for eg?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yup yet somehow forvendet says it's ok to call them french fries cos french ppl are ang moh that aren't highly looked by other ang mohs.

since when all french ppl can speak english ? ah forvendet is not being fair in his statement :wink:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
and french fries are not even french :wink:

...and Japanese encephalitis is Malaysian...

Something just came to mind. We all know that Chinese, British, Jews etc. are scattered all around the world.

Which ethnicity is most scattered worldwide? (Clue: Not the abovementioned.) :wink:

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
...and Japanese encephalitis is Malaysian...

Something just came to mind. We all know that Chinese, British, Jews etc. are scattered all around the world.

Which ethnicity is most scattered worldwide? (Clue: Not the abovementioned.) :wink:

i dont get whats your point ?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
so what's your pt?

That lion dance is stupid and calling sg lion city is dumb but it's ok to call it french fries?

French is an English surname just happened to be spelt the same as French as for people from France. The history of Singapore has nothing to do with France and yet we have French Road just next to King George's Avenue. It's named after a British with the surname French, not after the people of France.

Many of you Chinese have the surname Tan. Does that mean that all the Tan clan go suntanning? It's just a coincidence of spelling.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
There're no lions in China and yet Chinese have lion dance. There're no lions in Singapore and yet Singapore is named lion city.

There were lions in China once, in fact, in many parts of Asia.

They dissappeared probably because our ancestors believed the lion's dick was good for male virility and placed a price on them.

On the Sg lion - don't know how come. That ancient prince must've been hallucinating and thought the musang shitting in front of him must be some big monster.

Cheers!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think french in this case refer to the cut on the spud. Heard this when I was in-between jobs and working in a kitchen. Don't know if the cooks were pulling my leg or not.

Cheers!

whats the cut on the spud got to do with french ?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got a point there. Why the french govt and japanese govt fuck their citizens for having bad english.:confused: The instruction sheets in gundam kits sold internationally are still in japanese.

even though french ppls engrish is bad it's ok cos they are ang moh so they can speak poor engrish.