• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lease or buy car?

IamTiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Motor firms get creative to woo buyers

By Christopher Tan, Senior Transport Correspondent

MOTOR companies are coming up with innovative ways to entice car buyers put off by the recent cooling measures.

These range from a leasing deal that allows customers to drive away with a new Mercedes-Benz E200 with no downpayment to a buyback scheme that lets them own a Porsche Panamera for just $788 a month.

The arrangements are offered mainly by companies selling premium and luxury brands, as these are the ones most affected by the cooling measures.

In February, the Government restricted most car loans to 60 per cent of the purchase price - compared with up to 100 per cent previously - and imposed a tiered taxation system placing the heaviest burden on luxury vehicles.
Copyright © 2013 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved.

porsche-panamera-wallpaper-9.jpg

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is call 道高一尺,魔高一丈。

Futile for LTA to tweek the COE scheme. Just up the peak hour ERP charges and let any mother dog buy a car if they so want. Let's see how many people will want to drive into CBD during peak hours if the charge per entry is $20.

The moment car price drops when COE plunges, the prestige factor of car ownership will drop as people will realise that keeping the car is really useless.

IamTiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Friend tell me its you put 235k downpayment first. Then pay the 700+ per mth for 3 yrs. End of 3 yrs you take your 235k back.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Friend tell me its you put 235k downpayment first. Then pay the 700+ per mth for 3 yrs. End of 3 yrs you take your 235k back.

So good deal meh? Can take back $235k.
Any hidden cost? Insurance, must do maintenance it it workshop mark up super high price..........................
if all cover then I will also rent.

IamTiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
All-in. Guess the 235k deposit is like a performance bond to make sure you dont buang the car :smile:

So good deal meh? Can take back $235k.
Any hidden cost? Insurance, must do maintenance it it workshop mark up super high price..........................
if all cover then I will also rent.