• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kent Ridge Common vs Kelvin Teo - Who is telling the truth?

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://kentridgecommon.com/

cover.jpg

..............................................................................................

Kelvin Teo’s explanation on what had happened at Kent Ridge Common

http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/11/02/kelvin-teo-explains/

By Kelvin Teo, Political Bureau Chief

I wish to take all my Kent Ridge Common articles and those whom I was a sole contributor to the new site at Kent Ridge Review, which I am currently assisting the Temasek Review with.

The Kent Ridge Common file server was purchased by myself. I believe that a writer should have ownership over the articles he has written and decide where he wants to place it.

With the establishment of Kent Ridge Review, I have linked the file server to the new site. (That’s why the Kent Ridge Common site is temporarily unavailable)

The intention is to transfer former articles that I was a main contributor of to the Kent Ridge Review. I will also do my best to transfer articles not written by me back to the Kent Ridge Common’s owners.

When I was at the Kent Ridge Common, the volume of my article contribution is approximately 90%, and the rest by other KRC writers.

Thus, I will do my utmost to transfer the other 10% of the articles written back to the Kent Ridge Common, which they can upload to their new file server since the domain name “Kent Ridge Common” is owned by them.

The Kent Ridge Review is currently archiving the articles previously written by me, and articles previously written by other members of the Kent Ridge Common team will be passed back to the KRC owners.

The deadline for this transfer process depending on the wishes of the Kent Ridge Common team is indefinite, and we are working to facilitate the transition.

The Kent Ridge Review plans to feature articles in which I will be a main contributor, and has no intention of featuring works from other KRC writers, since they are not a part of the Temasek Review and the future media company which we are incorporating.

The Kent Ridge Review website will also be re-designed with a different theme different from the Kent Ridge Common.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasekreview probably gave Kelvin an offer that he cannot refuse. However, to betray your friends for your personal benefit speaks a lot about a person's character.

I would focus on Temasekreview instead and question their intention of doing so to KRC. Temasekreview had previously offered to finance some of the local varsity linked portals and now we probably understand the reason behind it.

Maybe it was to create chaos within the teams managing those portals so that with less competition, Temasekreview's readership will increase?

I suppose if there are other portals that are in discussion with Temasekreview better reconsider their options or one of their membership may just join Temasekreview like Kelvin.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Marrick

Really crappy :_)). If this was a private company, Kelvin Teo would have been sued as, copyright resides primarily with the website or the team that owns the website.

Looks like a clear attempt at Sabo :_))

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got to give credit to LimTuaKang/Thinknothing of Wayangparty/Temasek Review for the way that he has managed to fool some people some of the time. Looks like Kelvin is the next Ejay, doing business with someone he had not met, seen or has established the minimum set of credentials

Watch for a post in a year's time where Kelvin will use the defence of only communicating with this chap via email and has no other clue.

Can't wait for next fake interview and with yet another public figure.

Bro, looks like the there is only a handfull of us thats left from the days of Aviation Lim.

Dear Marrick

Really crappy :_)). If this was a private company, Kelvin Teo would have been sued as, copyright resides primarily with the website or the team that owns the website.

Locke

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://kentridgecommon.com/

cover.jpg

..............................................................................................

Kelvin Teo’s explanation on what had happened at Kent Ridge Common

http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/11/02/kelvin-teo-explains/

By Kelvin Teo, Political Bureau Chief

I wish to take all my Kent Ridge Common articles and those whom I was a sole contributor to the new site at Kent Ridge Review, which I am currently assisting the Temasek Review with.

The Kent Ridge Common file server was purchased by myself. I believe that a writer should have ownership over the articles he has written and decide where he wants to place it.

With the establishment of Kent Ridge Review, I have linked the file server to the new site. (That’s why the Kent Ridge Common site is temporarily unavailable)

The intention is to transfer former articles that I was a main contributor of to the Kent Ridge Review. I will also do my best to transfer articles not written by me back to the Kent Ridge Common’s owners.

When I was at the Kent Ridge Common, the volume of my article contribution is approximately 90%, and the rest by other KRC writers.

Thus, I will do my utmost to transfer the other 10% of the articles written back to the Kent Ridge Common, which they can upload to their new file server since the domain name “Kent Ridge Common” is owned by them.

The Kent Ridge Review is currently archiving the articles previously written by me, and articles previously written by other members of the Kent Ridge Common team will be passed back to the KRC owners.

The deadline for this transfer process depending on the wishes of the Kent Ridge Common team is indefinite, and we are working to facilitate the transition.

The Kent Ridge Review plans to feature articles in which I will be a main contributor, and has no intention of featuring works from other KRC writers, since they are not a part of the Temasek Review and the future media company which we are incorporating.

The Kent Ridge Review website will also be re-designed with a different theme different from the Kent Ridge Common.

Apparently Kent Ridge Common has changed their announcement. Here is the original announcement from them:

6z4w3q.jpg

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Its the ethics really. As far as I know if one contributes to a website, unless there is a legal agreement to the contrary, the copyright to the material extends to the "team" owning the website.

a. He could have demanded reimbursement from the current team for his costs. Notice he chose to shut it down. That speaks volumes

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you. The guys either has no clue or no ethics. It matters little whether content was 90% or 99% his.

Dear Scroobal

Its the ethics really. As far as I know if one contributes to a website, unless there is a legal agreement to the contrary, the copyright to the material extends to the "team" owning the website.

a. He could have demanded reimbursement from the current team for his costs. Notice he chose to shut it down. That speaks volumes

Locke

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Marrick

Locke

Is it me or someone is really trying to create problems when there is none to do so?

TR aka ex-wayangparty was 1st setup to discredit worker's party, which it failed big big time.

Changing the name to temasekreview to discredit temasek and has gone nowhere and now? Create a kent ridge Review to discredit Kent Ridge Common because KRC refuse to fall under TR??

To the idiot from TR/ex-WP, I know you are reading all these. One day, someone will blow you out and when that happens, you will find yourself nowhere to hide, not in Singapore or anywhere in the world for what you are doing.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the usual Sinkie behaviour. Forsaken your friends is fine as long as you progresses. Kelvin has no integrity.

Let's face it, TemasekReview or Wayangparty is the same shit. It is managed by the same people who had previously threatened to sue a local paper but till to-date still no action. They wayang all the way.

The Kent Ridge Review is meant to snatch away KRC readership and therefore he intentionally disrupted KRC services.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
wayangparty / TR reminds me of the kukubird.... i mean... cuckoobird. The bird they use to describe the christian fundies.

Lay eggs in other birds nest then the young will eat the host.

Wad happened to e-jay by the way?

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it me or someone is really trying to create problems when there is none to do so?

TR aka ex-wayangparty was 1st setup to discredit worker's party, which it failed big big time.

Changing the name to temasekreview to discredit temasek and has gone nowhere and now? Create a kent ridge Review to discredit Kent Ridge Common because KRC refuse to fall under TR??

To the idiot from TR/ex-WP, I know you are reading all these. One day, someone will blow you out and when that happens, you will find yourself nowhere to hide, not in Singapore or anywhere in the world for what you are doing.

YOU ARE SPOT ON!
Just only 3 days after messing up kent ridge common, this temasekreview aka wayangparty scumbag now dumped the SOB kelvin teo leaving him high and dry after their dirty trick was kena exposed here. In typically MIW style, this temasekreview aka wayangparty scumbag shamefully tries to distance himself from this saga that he has created with the aim of destroying kent ridge common. Let this be a warning for those who are thinking of dealing with this temasakreview aka wayangparty scumbag. Any undergrads reading this, pls spread this message in your university message boards about this scumbag temasekreview aka wayangparty.

http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/1...-political-correspondent-till-further-notice/

Temasek Review decides not to proceed ahead with appointment of Kelvin Teo as its political correspondent till further notice

November 4, 2009 by admin
Filed under Snippets, Top News

Leave a comment

From our Correspondent

Three days ago, we made an announcement on our site that Kent Ridge Common (KRC) writer Kelvin Teo has joined the Temasek Review team.

We had initially agreed to fund KRC on a long-term basis and had a cordial meeting with them.

Unfortunately, we are caught up unwittingly in the internal politicking of KRC. A few days later after the meeting, Kelvin contacted us and expressed his desire to join Temasek Review due to “personal differences” with his colleagues at KRC.

He claimed that he wanted to “sever ties” with KRC completely and bring his old files entirely from KRC to ours. We suggested setting up another site Kent Ridge Review to house his articles.

What transpired next is beyond our imagination with KRC publishing a notice on its site “condemning” Kelvin for his actions and implicating us as a result.

Till now, we are still kept in the dark over many things and we are concerned if there is involvement of “external” stakeholders with a vested interest in the new media which may jeopardize our operations.

[URGENT:All of TR's internet liaison officers, please check your emails and follow the instructions accordingly.]

As we have clarified earlier, Temasek Review has NOTHING to do with what happened at KRC. All we ever wanted is to lend our support to a promising site in order to establish a presence in NUS.

Due to the adverse publicity created by the saga, we have decided to put our appointment of Kelvin Teo as our political bureau chief on hold till further notice.

In the meantime, Kelvin will continue to write for us as a paid guest columnist, however since he is no longer a member of the Temasek Review team, he cannot claim to represent us in any official capacity or setting.

Kelvin will be furthering his studies in Australia next year and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors

We sincerely urge all feuding factions in KRC to resolve their personal differences and get their house in order. KRC is an up and coming site and it will be waste to let it floundered.

The Temasek Review has earlier offered to sponsor independent students’ dailies. After this bitter experience, we have decided to withdraw this offer.

Pending sufficient manpower and resources, we will set up our own students’ sites in the three universities instead of working with existing sites with their own complicated internal dynamics and politics.

We are looking for first-year NUS, NTU and SMU students to run the sites which will be entirely owned and funded by us.

The students will be given a bonus of between $500 – $1,000 when the sites reach a certain milestone in their readership. In addition, they will be paid for each article they write and event they cover. More information will be released later.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Marrick

Locke

You know very little about copyright law, don't you? Default is that copyright falls in the hands of the creator.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ironically, these sociopolitical blogs have been calling for opposition to unite, but they themselves can't even get their smaller asses together.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess I was right. This guy Thinknothing has done it to so many times to so many people that its not funny. Remember he went thru a period claiming that some editors/contributors of TOC were crossing over and it did not happen. Then it was Ken Jeyaretnam etc. I bet you that KRC guys except for Kelvin had no clue and that no discussion ever took place.

Wayangparty/TR has thrashed the opposition camp so many times that I am surprised that people honestly think that it is rebel site. The only people he had spared is the PAP. In fact the only time the PAP came into the picture is when flowers were sent to the PAP MP who was set alight.

Do note that one person can't be organising content to such scale unless it is well organised behind the scenes.

By the way, ist the same guy that threatened people with physical harm if they attended Black September.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still blur! This site has long history of false claims. By now you should be able to tell a hoax. Albeit a well organised one at that.

Ironically, these sociopolitical blogs have been calling for opposition to unite, but they themselves can't even get their smaller asses together.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Legally speaking, probably you're rite. But it is childish to take things back after you have given it. It is like kids who are in primary school. Even if you intend to take back something you have contributed, you should have the basic manners to ask for it to be returned. Not shut down the website and leave your 'friends' high and dry.

Well, this only shows how the people behind TR are like. They are hypocrites who say nice thing upfront but behind ,they screw you up. Are you sure the people behind TR are not the MIW internet spies? Becos, they sure operate like one and till to-date we do not know who they are. They have been doing quite a bit of shit against the oppositions and popular news portals.

You know very little about copyright law, don't you? Default is that copyright falls in the hands of the creator.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody has seen, met or knows who the chap wayangparty/TR is. It just amazes me that people who believe in ethics, justice and follow a social and political agenda deal with someone who they have no clue.

No one has seen it odd that he financed a group of boys to stick false posters, organised petitions, carried out video interviews via proxies who were either clueless or were paid.

I can tell you that this guy has approached a number of people including viswa but these were the smart ones that turned hin down when he could not provide the bona fides of his extistence.

If look at his site, one will notice that everything is current, done very well and the articles grammatically are even better than SPH. The info and slant are different thing. Its well organised and therefore well funded. Who is really behind this?

Temasekreview probably gave Kelvin an offer that he cannot refuse. However, to betray your friends for your personal benefit speaks a lot about a person's character.

I would focus on Temasekreview instead and question their intention of doing so to KRC. Temasekreview had previously offered to finance some of the local varsity linked portals and now we probably understand the reason behind it.

Maybe it was to create chaos within the teams managing those portals so that with less competition, Temasekreview's readership will increase?

I suppose if there are other portals that are in discussion with Temasekreview better reconsider their options or one of their membership may just join Temasekreview like Kelvin.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody has seen, met or knows who the chap wayangparty/TR is. It just amazes me that people who believe in ethics, justice and follow a social and political agenda deal with someone who they have no clue.

No one has seen it odd that he financed a group of boys to stick false posters, organised petitions, carried out video interviews via proxies who were either clueless or were paid.

I can tell you that this guy has approached a number of people including viswa but these were the smart ones that turned hin down when he could not provide the bona fides of his extistence.

If look at his site, one will notice that everything is current, done very well and the articles grammatically are even better than SPH. The info and slant are different thing. Its well organised and therefore well funded. Who is really behind this?

Maybe he is a PAP proxy? Maybe a PAP setup, a sting or in computer parlance, a honey-trap, to attract and catch all those anti-PAP bloggers one by one?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still blur! This site has long history of false claims. By now you should be able to tell a hoax. Albeit a well organised one at that.

You're blur! I was talking about Kelvin Teo and KRC, not TR. Unlike TR, Teo is a real face, not a hidden face and people have met him before.

Two of his articles, one was on opposition shadow cabinet and one on opposition unity. Go read and figure why he can't do the same.

KRC is not the same as TR. KRC bloggers have appeared live in events including RP dinner.