• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is Chee Soon Juan from PAP?

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ling & Cheo lost not because of bad management of Town Councils nor poor performance in parliament. The lost because of internal fighting within SDP.

Voters lost faith in SDP after Chiam and the rest of SDP CEC fought openly. That was disastrous.

Ramseth is right that SDP used to be the strongest party in Singapore with a group of graduates and eloquent speakers. WP was unable to attract that kind of candidates as compared to SDP and to some extend, NSP. But the main difference was that NSP could not perfrom in spite of its good slate of relatively well educated candidates while SDP, under Chiam's leadership, was able to make gains in 1991.

The trouble only started when Chiam and the rest broke off. This is partly due to Dr. Chee's entrance into the party and started the hunger strike. For whatever reasons there were, the damage to the party was tremendous after Chiam and other SDP MPs (Ling & Cheo) started bickering even in parliament. The "don't talk cock" remark was made by Ling to Chiam.

There were strange reasons why the PAP's controlled parliament didn't disqualify Chiam from being MP after SDP CEC has practically "sacked" him. This is against the very rules that PAP has set. If court case is the reason, then they were contradicting and fast in dismissing JBJ from parliament even when he was appealing his case in Privy Council. What is worse is that JBJ was not reinstated as MP after he won his case in Privy Council!

There were also strange reasons why Dr. Chee was voted to replace Chiam after he resigned, since, in normal logical political wisdom, he should avoid taking up such post if he didn't want to be seen as the key person that "outsted" Chiam.

For a young person like me back then, all these seemed to be "staged" by someone to look silly. It was like a deliberate effort to allow the bickering to drag on for all Singaporeans to see. Maybe both Chiam, Chee and all others, had unknowingly played into such scheming.

Goh Meng Seng

You really sound like a joker from the opposition insinuating a lot on PAP moes.

Please come clean. A prominent ex-PAP member will be at Hong Lim this Saturday and you are very sore about it.

Also, no point hinting you could do a lot more than the old-timers. Let the results at Tampines speak. It won't be a nice picture.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
For a young person like me back then, all these seemed to be "staged" by someone to look silly. It was like a deliberate effort to allow the bickering to drag on for all Singaporeans to see. Maybe both Chiam, Chee and all others, had unknowingly played into such scheming.
Goh Meng Seng

You don't want to believe in conspiracy theory do you? Nothing is "Staged"!

Dr Chee is the only person that can cause the old man to loose his balls. Why do you think he is been treating worst then a murderer when he merely over claims his taxi fare, who don't? You can sense the fear in LKY. Despite more then 2 decades of sledge hammering down on Dr Chee's SDP, until today there is no let down even though politically SDP is as good as dead.

This fear is like plague, whenever Dr Chee or SDP name is mention in this forum, it never fails to drew the slew of PAP moles here leading the attacks and with a trail of headless chickens following the herd. :rolleyes:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Ram, GMS and phouse3 about the national publicity part. It is very difficult to create a positive national image but easy to create a negative one, mainly due to the press. However the press wasn't kind to the PAP in 1959, and it won largely due to network.

I would say bad publicity affected all 3 former SDP MPs including Chiam - it was the magnitude that was different.

Cheo was less affected, dropping from about 50% to 38% (12%) despite facing Ong Ah Heng. Chiam dropped more - 15% to 54% and it was no surprise since he changed party and also that his 69% in 1991 consisted of more PAP-voting fence sitters.

For Ling he had his margin slashed by half from 52% to 26%. In other words, Ling must have also "screwed" the running of constituency where the other 2 didn't.

In all these, CSJ had a part to play given he was one of the catalysts of the whole fallout. I realise that CSJ has gained an amount of respect because the criteria of people in the proopposition field - from bloggers to forummers - is courage, ideas, policies. Few except Ram and Scroobal observe that there's apparently a very big discrepancy in these and his actions, behaviour and strategy, which is not easily explained.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dr Chee is the only person that can cause the old man to loose his balls. Why do you think he is been treating worst then a murderer when he merely over claims his taxi fare, who don't? You can sense the fear in LKY. Despite more then 2 decades of sledge hammering down on Dr Chee's SDP, until today there is no let down even though politically SDP is as good as dead.

This fear is like plague, whenever Dr Chee or SDP name is mention in this forum, it never fails to drew the slew of PAP moles here leading the attacks and with a trail of headless chickens following the herd. :rolleyes:

Chee presents a different front. His cases go around the international level, the heart of where he believes change is. The PAP govt manages it by sending their diplomatic people and messages as alternative.

In Parliament, the SDP is blocked from entering, and the more so now that more and more opposition parties are being formed. In reality, the SDP isn't seen to be fear-striking but disruptive. There's a difference between me fearing my mum with a cane when I was a kid and fear of my mum's nagging as a grown-up.

I think there are people who criticise Chee/SDP because they feel they slash a level of margin away from opposition votes. They feel SDP takes 20% of the votes away from themselves but each opposition loses around 5% for the SDP's presence. Right or wrong perception, they cannot be called "PAP fears".

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I think there are people who criticise Chee/SDP because they feel they slash a level of margin away from opposition votes. They feel SDP takes 20% of the votes away from themselves but each opposition loses around 5% for the SDP's presence. Right or wrong perception, they cannot be called "PAP fears".

You read too much when I said "You can sense the fear in LKY". It is simply LKY is afraid of this guy getting more political influence to be a force that can challenge him.

Would agree with you because of the damages to Dr Chee, with the later taking up more un-orthodox approaches that is way beyond the local audience can stomach, that, it is true there is a swing away from other opposition party votes.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ling & Cheo lost not because of bad management of Town Councils nor poor performance in parliament. The lost because of internal fighting within SDP.

Voters lost faith in SDP after Chiam and the rest of SDP CEC fought openly. That was disastrous.

Ramseth is right that SDP used to be the strongest party in Singapore with a group of graduates and eloquent speakers. WP was unable to attract that kind of candidates as compared to SDP and to some extend, NSP. But the main difference was that NSP could not perfrom in spite of its good slate of relatively well educated candidates while SDP, under Chiam's leadership, was able to make gains in 1991.

The trouble only started when Chiam and the rest broke off. This is partly due to Dr. Chee's entrance into the party and started the hunger strike. For whatever reasons there were, the damage to the party was tremendous after Chiam and other SDP MPs (Ling & Cheo) started bickering even in parliament. The "don't talk cock" remark was made by Ling to Chiam.

There were strange reasons why the PAP's controlled parliament didn't disqualify Chiam from being MP after SDP CEC has practically "sacked" him. This is against the very rules that PAP has set. If court case is the reason, then they were contradicting and fast in dismissing JBJ from parliament even when he was appealing his case in Privy Council. What is worse is that JBJ was not reinstated as MP after he won his case in Privy Council!

There were also strange reasons why Dr. Chee was voted to replace Chiam after he resigned, since, in normal logical political wisdom, he should avoid taking up such post if he didn't want to be seen as the key person that "outsted" Chiam.

Goh Meng Seng

hello, dun say my cousin chee soon juan until like that lah!

soon juan was put into a very difficult position cos many wanted to engage him as secret weapon of shits destruction, ie, to singapore.

the foreigners cannot equate the tremendous success of singapore being such a dot and its vulnerablity. yet singapore has succeeded excellence in many fields which pissed off those evil red-eyed foreigners.

soon juan being the highly intelligent stooge succumbs to their monetary tempting rewards. while most opp leaders would aim to win wards and get into parliament, s j only seeks the reverse so that he could exploit that as "valid" but falsehod reason that he was marked by gov to see his destruction and that democracy and whatever craps he rants persistently as conjured to be true.

on the other hand, pap also tells cousin juan that if he succeeded in destroy all those wards held by SDP and return to pap's domination, a token of secret reward would be given to him.

juan now was very cunning. he wanted the pap's rewards and he also wanted the bigger foreign reward even more. with one stone 2 birds, he firstly tackled the issue of ridding chiam and returning the lost wards to pap. having down that and gotten his deserved reward, he now targeted at singapore and aim for the foreigner's bigger carrots if only he succeeds in bring down singapore.

embarrasing singapore also has its rewards but in the form of smaller tokens from the red-eyed devils. tokens sufficient enough to keep soon juan and his family relatively more well off than an average sgporeans. we ve seen cousin juan zipping around in a TOYOTA VIOS while non-bankrupt singaporeans get themselves squeezed in mrt n buses.

so just go think about my infallible cousin soon juan. u just got to admire my cousin. he so hardly he can outlive any cockroaches!

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal

ah lee scolded my cousin soon juan in tv: YOU ARE A LIAR, A FRAUDSTER AND A CHEAT!!

my cousin's balls nearly dropped and exploded. and yes, he cried and sulked for months. he still sulking and clenching his fist and grinning his teeth waiting to take revenge against the old man which also why he sumbits to the foreigners to inflict damages to singapore.

he's filled with hatred and anger at the gov, singapore and every singaporeans for not voting him.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
What more can I say.

The PAP moles have arrived. It will soon followed by more headless chickens and flies coming in to feast!

:rolleyes:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello, dun say my cousin chee soon juan until like that lah!

don't laugh at juan juan. :biggrin:
before sun-yat-sen became 國父, he was 孙大炮, China loudhailer Sun. there were strong rumors that he was a Qing dynasty mole to give real revolutionaries a negative image.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Ram, GMS and phouse3 about the national publicity part. It is very difficult to create a positive national image but easy to create a negative one, mainly due to the press. However the press wasn't kind to the PAP in 1959, and it won largely due to network.

I would say bad publicity affected all 3 former SDP MPs including Chiam - it was the magnitude that was different.

Cheo was less affected, dropping from about 50% to 38% (12%) despite facing Ong Ah Heng. Chiam dropped more - 15% to 54% and it was no surprise since he changed party and also that his 69% in 1991 consisted of more PAP-voting fence sitters.

For Ling he had his margin slashed by half from 52% to 26%. In other words, Ling must have also "screwed" the running of constituency where the other 2 didn't.

In all these, CSJ had a part to play given he was one of the catalysts of the whole fallout. I realise that CSJ has gained an amount of respect because the criteria of people in the proopposition field - from bloggers to forummers - is courage, ideas, policies. Few except Ram and Scroobal observe that there's apparently a very big discrepancy in these and his actions, behaviour and strategy, which is not easily explained.

cheo was sabotaged by ong ah heng who got very personal and indirectly intimidated to expose more confidential info such as why cheo at his age was never married.

ah heng claimed to be his good friend some more. soon juan also had many good friends. among them was his ex-mentor chiam see tong whom chee betrayed without mercy to ruin SDP, the party founded by chiam.

chee also ruined his family wealth which his father painstakingly built and blamed all on the pap. if only chee could shut his bloody gape of nonsense and think before he rant, SDP could have usurp many more wards.

but like man proposes and heaven disposes, nothing is going really right for chee. his evil doing is constantly observed by heaven which hopefully prevents it from spreading further. poor cousin juan! if only he can wake up to his folly asap.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What more can I say.

The PAP moles have arrived. It will soon followed by more headless chickens and flies coming in to feast!

:rolleyes:

i m soon juan's cousin. why u say like that? that all must oblige and say good things about SDP. are u a SDP mole?

that's what happen to SDP now. cannot take any criticisms but only praises. that's how and what happen when chee is in control. the stupidity just spread like a virus!

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't laugh at juan juan. :biggrin:
before sun-yat-sen became 國父, he was 孙大炮, China loudhailer Sun. there were strong rumors that he was a Qing dynasty mole to give real revolutionaries a negative image.

yat sen died prematurely. chiang kai sek ruled taiwan. who's the winner and who's the loser?

if taiwan were to be under PRC communism, u think we have JOLIN TSAI OR JAY CHOU now? we don't even get to listen to the late teresa teng.

and probably cousin juan won't even be able to marry miss hwang.

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee presents a different front. His cases go around the international level, the heart of where he believes change is. The PAP govt manages it by sending their diplomatic people and messages as alternative.

In Parliament, the SDP is blocked from entering, and the more so now that more and more opposition parties are being formed. In reality, the SDP isn't seen to be fear-striking but disruptive. There's a difference between me fearing my mum with a cane when I was a kid and fear of my mum's nagging as a grown-up.

When are you coming clean, cleareyes aka Hawkeye1819?

It's the same old when the PAP moe label doesn't stick, try the foreign stooge label, isn't it?

Unless people are blind, CSJ has lost his lecturer job decades ago. His private occupation is a political activist, no different from GMS' private occupation as a PC shop owner, or SL's job as a polytechical lecturer.

Are people saying he shouldn't hold a job? Are people saying he shouldn't meet foreigners in his job?

It was his inability to separate his job from his politician role that has been the bone of contention. Also, when people see CSJ's supporters sent to Europe/US for training, their eyes turned red with jealousy. These people actually wanted to join SDP but didn't out of personal reasons, like wife is in another party's CEC.

Talking about foreign connection, JBJ was inculcated by US Congressmen as the opposition and FS was asked by a US diplomat to contest the elections. Does it mean they are foreign stooges, years before the appearance of CSJ? JBJ was even more disruptive than CSJ who has never stepped into parliament. Btw, CSJ is ineligible to contest.

SDP slashing 5% from other parties is the most preposterous I have heard. If not for PAP's and ST's strategy of marking SDP and putting other parties on a pedestal, the latter would have done worse. It is the same reason one party has gone quiet pending the release of the electoral boundaries. I wonder if PAP will change target this time. hahaha

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
poor cousin juan! he could always sue the pants off pap for making such insinuating and insulting remarks: LIAR, CHEAT, FRAUDSTER! but we know he can't cos there is still the unanswered question how much he is being paid by his foreign bosses. chee refuses to touch on this but i got a feeling the pap already has the answer but just waiting for the opportune time to announce it publicly.

someone always say GOLD NOT AFRAID OF FIRE. fuck that idiot!!

gold put over fire will melt. only DIAMOND SHALL SHINE BRIGHTER!

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
When are you coming clean, cleareyes aka Hawkeye1819?

It's the same old when the PAP moe label doesn't stick, try the foreign stooge label, isn't it?

Unless people are blind, CSJ has lost his lecturer job decades ago. His private occupation is a political activist, no different from GMS' private occupation as a PC shop owner, or SL's job as a polytechical lecturer.

Are people saying he shouldn't hold a job? Are people saying he shouldn't meet foreigners in his job?

It was his inability to separate his job from his politician role that has been the bone of contention. Also, when people see CSJ's supporters sent to Europe/US for training, their eyes turned red with jealousy. These people actually wanted to join SDP but didn't out of personal reasons, like wife is in another party's CEC.

Talking about foreign connection, JBJ was inculcated by US Congressmen as the opposition and FS was asked by a US diplomat to contest the elections. Does it mean they are foreign stooges, years before the appearance of CSJ? JBJ was even more disruptive than CSJ who has never stepped into parliament. Btw, CSJ is ineligible to contest.

SDP slashing 5% from other parties is the most preposterous I have heard. If not for PAP's and ST's strategy of marking SDP and putting other parties on a pedestal, the latter would have done worse. It is the same reason one party has gone quiet pending the release of the electoral boundaries. I wonder if PAP will change target this time. hahaha

the late honorable JBJ won parliamentary seat. my cousin juan only won lots of shits. all the relatives sympathise with him and avoid him like a plague.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Since you claim you know siok chin, let me ask her next time whether she knows "ramseth of sammyboy alfesco". If she says no, I will expose you jiat lat jiat lat :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Look here: it does not take much guts to speak to people. What it takes is to EARN their RESPECT.

So I'm asking you now: Since you claim you personally met all these people, WHAT ARE their level of RESPECT for you?

The trouble with you is that you're anonymous accusing others. Uncle Yap, Dr. Chee, Siok Chin, et al. all know who I am and I do speak to them face to face. Yes, we have our differences in how to go about opposition politics. You want to know who I am? Be like Uncle Yap et al. Come out and meet up.

Your small mind thinks it takes "guts" to speak to them? I've even spoken face to face to GCT at the TLH/JBJ defamation trial and gave him a piece of my mind, in a civil way of course.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let me summarize:

You did not rebut any of my points other than the reason for Chiam losing support. So I take it as you have NOT MUCH to rebut.

Second, you reply to me at 4am?!?!?

Answer me honestly, are you gainfully employed? :cool::cool:

How now? I was the first to hear from YSL own mouth, face to face, that he voted for PAP. I didn't think it a big matter until he's so silly to blog about it.

Of course Chiam would lose support after the breakaway from SDP. That's commonsense. That's the purpose.

cheepshootjuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since you claim you know siok chin, let me ask her next time whether she knows "ramseth of sammyboy alfesco". If she says no, I will expose you jiat lat jiat lat :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Look here: it does not take much guts to speak to people. What it takes is to EARN their RESPECT.

So I'm asking you now: Since you claim you personally met all these people, WHAT ARE their level of RESPECT for you?

cousin chin is such a pain the pussy! auntie always asked her to get married instead she leeches on soon juan like an old maid. i think she loves jaslyn more than keng ho.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GMS,

No one has disputed that SDP internal squabble caused lost of votes. However, Ling lost by a very large vote swing that must be explained by other factors, namely HIS OWN poor performance. His loss cannot be blamed entirely on the party conflicts.

Not forgetting Yaw S.L. himself said he hated Ling so much to the core, he had to vote PAP. I'm sure an internal party squabble would not cause to much dislike! It must be Ling, the man himself, partly to blame for his own downfall.

Secondly, what I'm disputing is that CSJ is the SOLE CAUSE to the squabble. If you believe that, and I trust you do not, you're just buying into PAP propaganda and hogwash. That was why i rebutted ramseth for pinning everything on CSJ. He keeps doing that again and again and again, he sounds like a torn up copy of PETIR magazine.

Chiam has much to blame for allowing the thing to escalate. He took unilateral actions, and bad mouthed SDP to the press on his own accord. He did not attempt to keep it under wraps at all, from my perspective. He also voluntarily resigned. It's like Ng Teck Siong who also voluntarily resigned from RP in 2009, and like Chiam, himself admitted it was voluntary. No one says he was ousted from RP. Why then do people say Chiam was ousted from SDP? Simple. PAP wants people to believe that story.

Phouse is correct. Some folk here are not telling the correct story, but only what PAP says.

Ling & Cheo lost not because of bad management of Town Councils nor poor performance in parliament. The lost because of internal fighting within SDP.Goh Meng Seng