• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Infidelity in Organisations - the Singaporean notion

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not condone it but the point is that it is not a crime and no organisations terminates employment based on an affair alone unless it nvolves an abuse of position. People fail in and out of love. It is a matter between the parties involved and for the sake of the children and loved ones, best to keep it pirate and let them sort it out. Some have found a fresh beginning from what was once an unhappy marriage.

Public trust I agree. But would you have sacked Goh Keng Swee for it. Are we going into people's private space.

You have encapsulated what is wrong with 70% of the assholes who vote for the PAP. Your value system is out of whack along with theirs. Its not a simple case of infidelity and who fucks who and how its a private matter between one man and one woman having sex in a private room.

At the core of the issue is trust and more specifically, Public Trust. When David Ong ran for office, he told the voters of Bukit Batok to trust him. Trust him to make their life better, to manage their estate better, to make sure the funds earmarked for their estates are properly spend, etc. After asking for and receiving this trust, he proceeds to betray his own family, namely his wife and three children by having an affair with a married woman. Lets be clear on this, it was not a sexual itch he was scratching with Wendy Lim, he could have hire any hooker or gone to JB to fuck some pros, or done one night stands, and no one would know the better. Instead, he cheated on his wife of 20 + plus years, and did not consider all the love, affection, children, good and bad times, etc that they had in this long marriage. Even worse, imagine how humiliated his wife and kids are. How can she even show her face in public without people whispering behind her back "Oh, you know, that is David Ong's wife, poor thing". What about the kids, who have to go to school and have other kids laugh at them? What about his son in NS? Forever, people will look at them and know that their father was fucking other women behind their backs. To put his own family through this massive ordeal, people that he loved and cherish, shows the enormity of this guys moral bankruptcy.

Now how does all this apply to the voters of Bukit Batok? Ask yourself, how you can trust an MP to look after your affairs when he will screw his own family this way? He wouldn't think twice about fucking a voter or voters over. Yes, he may perform his job satisfactorily, but in the back of your mind, can you 100% trust him? If your wife goes to him with a problem at one of his MTP sessions, can you be assured he will not try to date her? It's possible that his infidelity may have no impact on MP performance, but when you are paying for $17,000 MP, you want to get the squeaky clean one. If you buy a $300K Mercedes, do you want the one with a small dent on it or the one that is totally clean, no damages? You want the clean one, right? Even though both cars perform exactly the same and there is no issue with ride and handling of the slightly dented car. This is the same here. In the back of your mind, you cannot trust this guy, you always have to keep and eye on him.

Speaking for myself, I have business dealings with many types of men. Some openly acknowledge to me that they like to chiong and even invite to come along. Some, I know are devout family men, and are very open to me meeting the family. I always keep an extra lookout in dealings with wife cheaters. If they can so easily cheat on their wives, they will not think twice of cheating me. This is the case with David Ong. ALso, when I am introduced to the wife of the cheaters, its hard for me to look them in the eyes when I know their husbands are cheating and they don't know it. Sinkies need to have a higher standard. Perhaps its true that morally corrupted people elect morally corrupted people too.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I do not condone it but the point is that it is not a crime and no organisations terminates employment based on an affair alone unless it nvolves an abuse of position. People fail in and out of love. It is a matter between the parties involved and for the sake of the children and loved ones, best to keep it pirate and let them sort it out. Some have found a fresh beginning from what was once an unhappy marriage.

Public trust I agree. But would you have sacked Goh Keng Swee for it. Are we going into people's private space.

Goh Keng Swee was not paid $3 million a year. If the PAP insist on paying themselves the highest salary in the world, then they got to earn it. Otherwise, get paid like an Indon politician and fuck 4 wives for all I care. By the way, many organizations will fire an employee if they are in a senior position and a position of trust over the subordinate they are sleeping with. There are already many examples of that. In this case, I suspect that David was given many warnings to cease and desist, but did not. Until the husband in a desperate measure, had to resort to the humiliation of going to the press to expose the 2 adulterers. This kind of people who know they are in the wrong and still continue to do it without regards to anybody else does not deserve this MP position.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mainly economic reasons. 33 million in population for a landmass that rivals the US at 300 million. Every province needs or wants newcomers. The immigration criteria is tough enough as it is and being a newcomer without that much vaunted "Canadian experience" puts you at a disadvantage. So those who are lucky or do make it through hard work value their achievement enough to be part of society and pull their own weight.

I have to be honest and say that I still do not understand the psyche of born-and-bred Canadians but the majority of those I've encountered are welcoming of newcomers who are willing to assimilate and adapt themselves to the societal norms here in Canada.

Some of my neighbours emigrated to Canada in the 80s and are still happily living in Canada. My parents had wanted to emigrate to Canada with our neighbours back in the 80s, but subsequently changed their mind.

I stayed in Canada with my ex-neighbours in the late 80s to study for 2 years (a year in Saskatchewan and a year in Vancouver). The Saskatchewan experience was so very different from Sinkieland, moving from a hot humid overcrowded island of 8000 people per sq km, to a province of 6 people per sq km and -40 °C winter. I enjoyed my time in Canada and they even provided free healthcare for a foreign student like me.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have encapsulated what is wrong with 70% of the assholes who vote for the PAP. Your value system is out of whack along with theirs. Its not a simple case of infidelity and who fucks who and how its a private matter between one man and one woman having sex in a private room.

At the core of the issue is trust and more specifically, Public Trust. When David Ong ran for office, he told the voters of Bukit Batok to trust him. Trust him to make their life better, to manage their estate better, to make sure the funds earmarked for their estates are properly spend, etc. After asking for and receiving this trust, he proceeds to betray his own family, namely his wife and three children by having an affair with a married woman. Lets be clear on this, it was not a sexual itch he was scratching with Wendy Lim, he could have hire any hooker or gone to JB to fuck some pros, or done one night stands, and no one would know the better. Instead, he cheated on his wife of 20 + plus years, and did not consider all the love, affection, children, good and bad times, etc that they had in this long marriage. Even worse, imagine how humiliated his wife and kids are. How can she even show her face in public without people whispering behind her back "Oh, you know, that is David Ong's wife, poor thing". What about the kids, who have to go to school and have other kids laugh at them? What about his son in NS? Forever, people will look at them and know that their father was fucking other women behind their backs. To put his own family through this massive ordeal, people that he loved and cherish, shows the enormity of this guys moral bankruptcy.

Now how does all this apply to the voters of Bukit Batok? Ask yourself, how you can trust an MP to look after your affairs when he will screw his own family this way? He wouldn't think twice about fucking a voter or voters over. Yes, he may perform his job satisfactorily, but in the back of your mind, can you 100% trust him? If your wife goes to him with a problem at one of his MTP sessions, can you be assured he will not try to date her? It's possible that his infidelity may have no impact on MP performance, but when you are paying for $17,000 MP, you want to get the squeaky clean one. If you buy a $300K Mercedes, do you want the one with a small dent on it or the one that is totally clean, no damages? You want the clean one, right? Even though both cars perform exactly the same and there is no issue with ride and handling of the slightly dented car. This is the same here. In the back of your mind, you cannot trust this guy, you always have to keep and eye on him. Even morally bankrupt Gay Loong understood this and had him "resign".

Speaking for myself, I have business dealings with many types of men. Some openly acknowledge to me that they like to chiong and even invite me to come along. Some, I know are devout family men, and are very open to me meeting the family. I always keep an extra lookout in dealings with wife cheaters. If they can so easily cheat on their wives, they will not think twice of cheating me. This is the case with David Ong. ALso, when I am introduced to the wife of the cheaters, its hard for me to look them in the eyes when I know their husbands are cheating and they don't know it. Sinkies need to have a higher standard. Perhaps its true that morally corrupted people elect morally corrupted people too.

U know whats the most important thing?david could have been a cheater long before the g.e. anyway,so the residents of b.b. voted in a cheater.so whose more kumgong?the voters or wendy lims husband or is this all a elaborate bullshit conspiracy by pappies like michael jackson being accused of child molestation twice to distract us from the failing economy and

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rationale is really simple. If one cannot be trusted in 'small things' like remaining faithful in a marriage, one cannot be expected to be trusted in bigger things like running the country and keeping state secrets from hostile enemies.

The power of pillow talk is well known and exploited by RUSSIAN operatives known as 'swallows' during the era of the Soviet Union. Remember Anna Chapman.
If David Ong kena seduced by some-one like Anna Chapman, 100% sure pengsan and keel over.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Chapman
anna-chapman-hot-cute.jpg
Chapman

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not an accurate statement. The CPF money in your CPF account belongs to you. Not the CPF. Under The Central Provident Fund Act Chapter 36, Section 6 (2) , the CPF Board/CPF is a trustee of your funds. They are not the fund owners, but hold and manage your CPF money in trust for you. This is deliberately obscured by the PAP.

If the CPF money truly belongs to me, then PAP should get my approval first before any rule changes on my CPF money, PAP have no right to force all kinds of rule changes down my throat. If CPF money truly belongs to me, than my entire CPF savings should be returned to me at age 55 which was the original intent of CPF.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The rationale is really simple. If one cannot be trusted in 'small things' like remaining faithful in a marriage, one cannot be expected to be trusted in bigger things like running the country and keeping state secrets from hostile enemies.

The power of pillow talk is well known and exploited by RUSSIAN operatives known as 'swallows' during the era of the Soviet Union. Remember Anna Chapman.
If David Ong kena seduced by some-one like Anna Chapman, 100% sure pengsan and keel over.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Chapman
anna-chapman-hot-cute.jpg
Chapman

So basically ur saying all human beings cannot be trusted.if david ong cannot resist wendy lim,what hope do the rest of us have for a russian dominatrix?

Last edited:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Firstly it is not their business and a private matter and HR and the management will make their position clear on this. They only intervene if there are allegations where abuse of office including favouritism is involved etc. Where dismal or disciplinary sanctions are involved, it is because things like the corporate card is used for the tryst or abuse of position has occurred or lies provided during an inquiry to address allegations arising from the affair and not the affair itself.

If this argument is stretched to include people holding public offices, it is wrongful. LKY might have been labelled a dictator but he got it right to insist on office holders to be men of integrity both in the head and in the cock.

If an immoral man is a public figure, how can he be a role model to the people he leads? Take for example, the Italian PM who used prostitutes' services. Where is his morality compass for the people?

Sinapor is a small country unlike USA a big country where the ex-President could screw his subordinate and then still walk around today as if nothing had happened. Sinapo must never become a country where public office holders are allowed to misbehave. Should public office holders become "playboys" they become a risk as well to the national security of the country.

If they want to chiong, resign. If they want to hold the office, behave.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until the husband in a desperate measure, had to resort to the humiliation of going to the press to expose the 2 adulterers. This kind of people who know they are in the wrong and still continue to do it without regards to anybody else does not deserve this MP position.

The husband did not have to go to the press to expose them. All he needed to do was just complain to PMO and all hell would break loose. Surely, LHL would not sweep the matter under the carpet. If he did, he would have betrayed the high standards set by LKY.

Sinapo must never become a country like the one up north where money going into a public figure's account is being challenged and yet, a big vacuum cleaner is still trying to sweep it under the carpet.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
But would you have sacked Goh Keng Swee for i

GKS was no longer in public office when he got romantically involved. He pursued her, yes discreetly like a school boy falling in love for the first time, but other than that, there was no allegation that he did anything improper. She was not somebody's wife. She was just a spinster.

That ex-BB pappies MP screwed somebody's wife and broke up her family.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If an immoral man is a public figure, how can he be a role model to the people he leads? Take for example, the Italian PM who used prostitutes' services. Where is his morality compass for the people?

Sinapor is a small country unlike USA a big country where the ex-President could screw his subordinate and then still walk around today as if nothing had happened. Sinapo must never become a country where public office holders are allowed to misbehave. Should public office holders become "playboys" they become a risk as well to the national security of the country.

If they want to chiong, resign. If they want to hold the office, behave.

Why does Singapore have to adopt the Christian definition and standards of morality when it is a not a Christocentric nation?

Singapore being a majority Chinese society should adopt Chinese standards of morality where it is perfectly acceptable for officials in high places to have concubines.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The husband did not have to go to the press to expose them. All he needed to do was just complain to PMO and all hell would break loose. Surely, LHL would not sweep the matter under the carpet. If he did, he would have betrayed the high standards set by LKY.

Sinapo must never become a country like the one up north where money going into a public figure's account is being challenged and yet, a big vacuum cleaner is still trying to sweep it under the carpet.

I am sure he already tried it. But this is not Old fart. In the old days, Old fart really micromanaged. he would have heard the complainant directly. Gay Loong has a lot of gate sentries that protect access to him. Odds are he tried, but who at the PMO will believe him? And even if they knew it to be true, they would even think he would have the guts to go to the media.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am late to the party. Welcome back, Scroobal.

I'm one of those Canadian Singaporeans who's been in the woodwork for a while. Posting again because you're back.

There was an SG50 party recently in Canada (Mississauga specifically). I had been invited by a friend to tag along. SG High Comm to Canada Philip Eng was there. When it came to his turn to give a brief speech to commemorate the event, it was sublime to hear the words that he did not say.

You would be surprised at how many ex-Singaporeans turned up for the food. I put the number at easily 150 or more over 2 hours and I'm pretty sure some of the silent readers here could be among them. The diversity was interesting (at least to me), from older folks in their 50s-70s to teenagers and kids. From my guess, there were more older emigrants than recent emigrants.

There was one young guy, probably in his early 20s, who surprised me when he said that he preferred to be back in Singapore. I wondered the rest of the event whether he was trolling because he seemed so genuine about his preference.

Btw, the Liberals in government aim to welcome 300,000 new PRs for 2016 (targeted), higher than previous years.

I am surprised that they had a party in Mississauga.
I am unaware till I read your post.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am late to the party. Welcome back, Scroobal.

I'm one of those Canadian Singaporeans who's been in the woodwork for a while. Posting again because you're back.

There was an SG50 party recently in Canada (Mississauga specifically). I had been invited by a friend to tag along. SG High Comm to Canada Philip Eng was there. When it came to his turn to give a brief speech to commemorate the event, it was sublime to hear the words that he did not say.

You would be surprised at how many ex-Singaporeans turned up for the food. I put the number at easily 150 or more over 2 hours and I'm pretty sure some of the silent readers here could be among them. The diversity was interesting (at least to me), from older folks in their 50s-70s to teenagers and kids. From my guess, there were more older emigrants than recent emigrants.

There was one young guy, probably in his early 20s, who surprised me when he said that he preferred to be back in Singapore. I wondered the rest of the event whether he was trolling because he seemed so genuine about his preference.

Btw, the Liberals in government aim to welcome 300,000 new PRs for 2016 (targeted), higher than previous years.

This ambassador knows how to chiat hong on taxpayers' money! Why he fly so far to attend a picnic?

Thanks to Trudeau, I now see the door to Canada open again for me.