• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i may be leaving for good

M

Mdm Tang

ST Forum
Home > ST Forum > Story
Aug 2, 2011
My Point

That 'F' word was...

'Unnecessary and uncalled for.'

MR BENNIE CHEOK: 'She may find the real world less forgiving.'

MR STEVE NGO
: 'I sympathise with valedictorian Trinetta Chong ('NTU regrets use of expletive during speech'; yesterday) for her faux pas at Nanyang Technological University's (NTU) graduation ceremony, even though ___________[/SIZE]I was raised by a more conservative and less forgiving generation, where my parents would threaten to rub chilli into my mouth for spewing expletives. But I feel sorry for Ms Chong, who appeared to have found her four-year study so hard, she had to choose that 'F' word as the summary emotion of her NTU experience. Or perhaps she felt that she had 'arrived'? If she did, I wish her all the best because she may find the real world tough and less forgiving, especially for someone who is young and about to begin her next stage of adulthood.'

>

NTU valedictorian Trinetta Chong Rapped for using ‘F’ word
during convocation speech (VIDEO)

August 1st, 2011 | Author: Temasek Review

NTU valedicatorian Trinetta Chong has been rapped by her school for using the ‘F’ word during the closing speech of her convocation which stunned many in the audience.

Ms Trinetta Chong, 23, who graduated from the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, used the F-word after delivering a rousing speech on behalf of her cohort that had the auditorium cheering. She then congratulated her peers and added: ‘We f***ing did it!’

In a statement last night, an NTU spokesman said Ms Chong’s inappropriate choice of words was regrettable, but added that ‘graduands at Ceremony 14 were in extremely high spirits on Friday evening’.

‘There was a lot of clapping and cheering throughout the ceremony, so by the time the valedictorian Trinetta delivered her speech, the audience was in a highly charged mood. In that environment, she probably got carried away.’

The spokesman added that she has since apologised to Wee Kim Wee School Chair, Associate Professor Benjamin Hill Detenber, both in person and in writing. Ms Chong is currently working in a statutory board.
Join our Facebook page here

M

Mdm Tang

http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/0...using-f-word-during-convocation-speech-video/

Professor X:
August 1, 2011 at 10:27 am Professor X(Quote)
Naughty girl

Must be caned for vulgar words!

I’ll give her a F for her speech !

But pls shout out more Fs to your Boss

He’ll like it !!

Like or Dislike: 90 58

true singaporean:
August 1, 2011 at 10:29 am true singaporean(Quote)
I dont see any problem. She speaks well. At least she didnt wayang.

Like or Dislike: 107 61

On a lousy street in singapore:
August 1, 2011 at 10:30 am On a lousy street in singapore(Quote)
Welcome to the Real world.Where the real”F**king lessons begin first by the gahman then FT. Statutory board employed dumb kid. Go by her name probably a malaysian.

Like or Dislike: 80 33

Very strange:
August 1, 2011 at 10:31 am Very strange(Quote)
Whoa..

Times are really changing…

I wonder what is next ? Spectators booing Singapore prime minister during the National Day Parade then shout “we f#$*ing did it”??

Like or Dislike: 75 3

unclesam2011:
August 1, 2011 at 10:34 am unclesam2011(Quote)
One who uses the “F” word freely is not as bad as one who freely uses it literally!

Like or Dislike: 42 6

local idiot:
August 1, 2011 at 10:36 am local idiot(Quote)
awwww….

Like or Dislike: 18 1

singaporemum:
August 1, 2011 at 10:38 am singaporemum(Quote)
it may have been inappropriate to use such a word at a convocation. on the other hand, the rest of us should not be so uptight about it. after all, the celebration belongs to them!

Like or Dislike: 42 44

Well Said:
August 1, 2011 at 10:40 am Well Said(Quote)
LOL! Silly bitch. Shows the quality of people in civil service.
They f**ing deserve it.

Like or Dislike: 97 16

xingaporean:
August 1, 2011 at 10:43 am xingaporean(Quote)
Nobody is perfect. we make small mistakes unintentionally once in a while..

Like or Dislike: 41 64

NEPOTISMWHITEHORSE:
August 1, 2011 at 10:43 am NEPOTISMWHITEHORSE(Quote)
NTU is a whole bunch of fcuking useless grads.

Like or Dislike: 103 49

Apolitical:
August 1, 2011 at 10:43 am Apolitical(Quote)
Fucking hell! What is the fuss all about?

Like or Dislike: 50 45

Multiplier Effect:
August 1, 2011 at 10:44 am Multiplier Effect(Quote)
Well Done.

We f**cking did it too!!
But did not have the B**lls to say it.

Well done

Like or Dislike: 72 15

Titiana Ann Xavier:
August 1, 2011 at 10:48 am Titiana Ann Xavier(Quote)
She knew she was wrong. She apologized in person and in writing. The matter should be closed. The “F” word is so commonly heard thanks to western influence. Some people think it is hype to use it. Others will disagree. They feel it is vulgar and reflects poor upbringing.

PS: Read somewhere that the F word is actually an acronym for “Fornication Under Concent Of King”. In the olden days, couples must apply for permission to have sex. If granted, the “F” word would be pasted on the floor.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: 137 7

outside:
August 1, 2011 at 10:53 am outside(Quote)
Who is this “Trinetta Chong”.

Anybody knows her.

Like or Dislike: 13 0

M

Mdm Tang

Originally Posted by ballsathome
Taken your medication?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Will Stop taking when the number of hits reach 5,000

As of now 4,700 already ...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

current hits on this thread 4,963 ( will hit 5,000 today )

http://www.tnp.sg/content/ntu-convocation-speech

see video here

I'm sorry, I was very emotionalJuly 31, 2011 - 7:03pm
By:
Benson Ang

PHOTO: Courtesy of Trinetta Chong

SHE used a vulgarity during her valedictory speech.

And for that, she is sorry.

Miss Trinetta Chong Chiao Sing, 23, from the graduating batch of Nanyang Technological University (NTU) students, uttered the word during her convocation speech last Friday.

Watch the video below:

Comments
I refer to the article above.
Permalink Submitted by mrgeylangwest on August 1, 2011 - 11:19am
I refer to the article above.

I am deeply infuriated with Ms Trinetta Chong Chiao Sing's behaviour for using the 4-lettered vulgar word. How can she do such a thing like that? That was really intolerable.

Ever since during the yearly convocation in universities, I do not see anyone using vulgar language in their speech. This was because not only it is rude, it is also disgraceful to everybody in the auditorium. However, she has since apologised for her unacceptable behaviour and promised never to do it again.

I hoped that this shall serve as a strong warning to all the graduants of various polytechnics and universities to know better not to use such uncouth languages in their speech to their respective peers. On the contrary, I hope all parents should be aware of their children's behaviours, who are the graduates of the said schools and take proper action against them.

Permalink Submitted by Rong on August 1, 2011 - 12:12pm
She didn't need to apologise. Wasn't that of a big deal anyway.

Permalink Submitted by mkhheng on August 1, 2011 - 3:27pm
Though using the 4-lettered is not the most appropirate thing to say in such an atmosphere, for the people who get easily offended by such a word, the issue is really with them and not the speaker. They only know how to highlight trival things and take people down. Shows their insecurity. That they actually allow a simple word to upset them. Their lives are govened by the almighty word and not actions.

If Trinetta can make a significant contribution to the world with her gifts and talents and make it a better place, she can say all the 4-lettered word she wants. If that spurs her to do better, then go for it. I prefer that over those who say nice words but screw up the world with their actions or inactions. Many people like that exist in this world. Judge a person by their actions not by their words.

Miss Trinetta Chong Chiao Sing is a Valedictorian. I congratulate her. Her actions speaks volumes.

Permalink Submitted by Bad Singaporean on August 1, 2011 - 5:08pm
You are f---ing stupid! Don't take offence -

"the issue is really with them and not the speaker" Ya you are right - f---king stupid!

Permalink Submitted by Bad Singaporean on August 1, 2011 - 5:05pm
This is a clear sign of decadence in our modern society and education. She didn't slip her tongue; she speaks that way and very naturally too! Many young people use that word as part of a fashion of speaking. That's why it’s not just her fault but also the schools, family and friends! And not just because she used the F-word, her whole speech was of poor grade, lacking style and creativity. This is not entirely NTU’s SCI fault. But picking her to speak is a very poor choice – like voting for Low Thia Kiang to replace George Yeo! The Prof clearly failed to judge the quality of a person. Her initial remark of peeing in her pants was colloquial and distasteful. Her later remark “the boyfriends I've made” - read in the context of the f word clearly means the boyfriends I slept with! And it's obvious she has had sex with many of them to so proudly proclaim it!
Her sex hormones were in control during the speech, I believe in more occasion than one! Not her brain! The every purpose of higher education is so that we are controlled by our brain and not hormone or rumous or superstitions. Thus this case clearly also shows the failure of her education. She has let everyone down. But to correct that type of behavior, we have to start at home!

Permalink Submitted by New Frontier on August 2, 2011 - 12:16pm
"You must be properly attired as befits the occasion as academic tradition is observed and the ceremonial proceedings at the Convocationare kept formal and dignified. Academic dress is mandatory for all graduates attending the ceremony."

The above information is for graduates attending the convocation. Trinetta's behaviour is unacceptable according to NTU's official position on the solemnity of the occasion. Anyway, the four-letter word is not the only crude or profane word she used. She also peppered her speech with words "pee in my pants" and "bi*". I do not see how this speech was approved in the first place. It was not a slip-up but a deliberate one. She played to the gallery, never mind the inappropriateness of the behaviour. Her character is truly suspect. Moreover, there are children above the age of 6 present also. NTU should set a precedent and censure such behaviour - so what if she is a valedictorian? Her behaviour is unbecoming of one.

Permalink Submitted by New Frontier on August 2, 2011 - 12:22pm
Funny how she could say the bi* word (the female dog) without censure but my citation of the word in this comments section "triggered the profanity filter"!

M

Mdm Tang

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_697925.html

Aug 3, 2011
IN THE ST NEWSPAPER TODAY
Expletive incident an isolated one: NTU
It has no plans to change students' say in choice of valedictorians
By Jalelah Abu Baker and Amelia Tan

NO CHANGES

'The process of peer selection has worked well with many good valedictorian speeches in the past, and this practice will continue.'

An NTU spokesman on the valedictorian selection process

NANYANG Technological University (NTU) sees the Trinetta Chong incident as an isolated one and has no plans to change the way its valedictorians are chosen.

An NTU spokesman said yesterday that 'the process of peer selection has worked well with many good valedictorian speeches in the past, and this practice will continue'.

Latest comments

There is a place and time for everything. What Miss Chong said about peeing in her pants and the expletive she blurted out were premeditated, and totally inappropriate. She went for sensationalism, counting on the shock effect as her way of leaving NTU with a bang! It certainly worked, as far as stirring up controversy, but for all the wrong reasons!
Posted by: Les_Bleus at Wed Aug 03 11:28:13 SGT 2011

people who are still upset about the expletive uttered in jest or on a spur of the moment should seriously frigging get a life..these are good kids or post teen adults let them have some fun...no wonder people are complaining abt their sex life coz there are too many frigging uptight people..
Posted by: kongsonglanbehsong at Wed Aug 03 11:19:06 SGT 2011

Well done!!

you ****in did it...

On national papers.. and TV..

Everywhere.... Well Done!!
Posted by: jamesng27 at Wed Aug 03 11:16:34 SGT 2011

Children graduating at NTU.....must be joking!
Posted by: 2WainLin at Wed Aug 03 11:12:18 SGT 2011

so it's peer selection? so it's what the graduate (who are the focus of the ceremony) wants?

Why would anyone else opinion matter then? Of course the criteria should not be changed.
Posted by: lobo_respawned at Wed Aug 03 10:12:59 SGT 2011

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woah woah....Mdm Tang, copying and pasting huge chunks of bullshit constitute as spamming. And you know how the Courtesy Lion feels about that right?