• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I bought iPhone 13 and change new 5g SIM card but still shows 4g

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap... - The fifth generation (5G,on Monday (Aug 23)

SINGAPORE - The fifth generation (5G) technology standard for broadband cellular networks will cover half of Singapore by the end of 2022 and the coverage will envelope the whole island by the close of 2025, Minister for Trade and Industry Gan Kim Yong said on Monday (Aug 23).

"We are on track to meet our target of deploying 5G standalone outdoor coverage," Mr Gan said at a virtual conference organised by the United States-based industry group SEMI.

He said trials on 5G applications are also underway, including at PSA Singapore to improve port operations, and at technology firm Razer and telecom operator Singtel to deliver high-quality cloud gaming products.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very sporadic reception from what I've heard, similar to how Starhub was in the late 1990s. Reception in Tekong was a heng-suay thing, easier to just use the payphones there.
I ever complained to StarHub and asked them a tough question.

Why in Tuas and Woodland, I can get Malaysia signal.

However in JB and Gelang Patah, I never ever get any StarHub signal,

They cannot answer me

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
knn ... simba 5g network is fucking bad in Singapore.
Latency is real
But once i am in johor turn on the roaming data, it smooth as silk !
Give me a fucking explanation.

cat

Stupidman
Loyal
knn ... simba 5g network is fucking bad in Singapore.
Latency is real
But once i am in johor turn on the roaming data, it smooth as silk !
Give me a fucking explanation.
Same. Simba works extremely well in Bangkok hooked on Thai AIS network. In Singapore it is no where near Thai speed.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same. Simba works extremely well in Bangkok hooked on Thai AIS network. In Singapore it is no where near Thai speed.
It's the network the telco is being hooked on to when overseas.
I am still holding Simba because it has good data coverage overseas.

Reactions: cat