• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How can all Singaporeans survive like this ??

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pappies are really good in testing the tolerance level of peasants. One example is the cigarette price. By increasing little by little over a long period of time, the smokers won't any pain. Same as any other thing. Their old trick is to increase little by little and then give out some money and shed a few drops of crocodiles tears before GE. The 60.1% will continue to vote them in.

Don't worry, Pappies won't let Sinkees die. They will slowly milk everything out of the peasants. Slowly and little by little, until even no more bones. The next next generations will continue to be milked by pappies.

CCB PAP.. They claimed to increase the ciggie prices to deter the young from picking up smoking.. Fuckin whole lotta bullshit.. Thats why I buy Indon contraband ciggies to give my middle finger to the Pappy Bastards..

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same as COE and Property price. Bao jia. Wtf! And 8 dollar cow say will stabilize. I say stable ji ki lanjiao. Who will lose more if price stabilize? So what if owners make profit from selling their flats? Knn, still have to pay high price for a new flat.

Hope more from 60.1% will wake up from their dreams.

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow.. more good comments.. about the real situation on the "ground level"

Let me ask all here one simple question.. since now report on employers who scrimp on pay rise for promotions.. and Sg being 6th most expensive city for expats in Asia.. how can the MIW justify the lousy SGD50.00 raise they recommend for the low wage earners? Lim Chong Yah's proposal seems very VALID after all.

if worker earns SGD800.00, a mere 50% will gif SGD1200.00.. (dun say 100% first).. that will definitely take a HUGE LOAD off the low wage earners.. and maybe even allow them to save a little for that "rainy day".

Assume its across the board.. and all who earn below SGD1k gets 50% raise in say 6 months.. is it not possible? yeah, employers will cry father cry mother.. but won't that increase productivity as well.. I personally think it definitely will add to productivity.. cos once the worker sees such a surge.. most will probably be galvanised to make sure their performance guarantees the next 50%. Plus.. won't the spending help the economy too? Come on.. they gotta spend on clothing for themselves and their families.. that would in turn stimulate the dwindling retail sector in most HDB estates.. I don't forsee them spending ALL of their money.. but I'm sure they will definitely spend after maybe some calculation..

now.. take the high salaried MIW.. the reason given is "to prevent corruption and to guarantee the top talents to work for Sg and Sporeans" (I stand to be corrected as this is what I remember).. now.. if one believes in this statement.. then the reverse should be true.. meaning.. if dun pay them high salaries.. there will certainly be CORRUPTION.. and there will be no top talents to serve in the govt. Now.. is that really going to happen..I mean.. FOR SURE?!!! but why are our ministers's pay ranked at the top of the world (I believe I read this b4.. i will check and come back.. now after posting will nid to eat).. can't it be reviewed and maybe put to discussion or use other countries' as a benchmark? Why must we be NO. 1 even in this area??

I have this idea that Ministers pay should not be given bonuses based on performance.. but rewards based on the country's well being.. both economically.. as well as socially.. and it should be approved by the ppl.. and not by cabinet or other ministers or wat-nots. That.. I believe.. would be a more transparent way.. and also a clear indication to the ppl who Sporeans voted in.. that if they dun do their part to put food on Sporeans tables.. and jobs for Sporeans.. then.. they shouldn't be given any bonuses.. in fact.. their salaries should be deducted for any mistakes they make. Ministers, altho being human beings, have been given the most important task of guiding Sg and making sure Sg is a good place for all Sporeans. They have so many ppl under them and resources to rely on.. if they cock up.. got any excuses? I don't think so.

Damn bluddy unfair.. this is.. give low income earners only SGD50.00 more and say that give them too much is bad for economy.. while ministers pay is guaranteed cos "to prevent corruption and to attract top talent".. PUI!!! I feel for the low wage earners who when given the SGD50.00 raise.. can maybe only eat a real full 3 meals a day.

How much more of this are we to take.. and do Sg.. avg or watever.. really believe this CRAP??!!!

Last edited:

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
I met an elderly lady in the mrt few days back, she jus got her senior citizen ezlink card and was so happy that she could travel on the trains and busses for low fares.. she praised the govt for such a good thing. I stayed away from politics for I had nothing gud to say abt the govt's current policies. She should be ove 60s and probably ilves wif her already grown children, she nvr said or talked abt them.

When I did ask, she said they were busy and she stayed in Paya Lebar, alone. I din noe that paya lebar had one room rentals?
Anyways, I din ask wat sort of house she stayed in, but she did mentino her children r too busy to go out wif her, hence she had to go out on her own.. she had to ask for help and directions on where to get on and off the train at the MRT station.

On further asking, she revealed she wasn't working.. only supported by her children.

So.. the 60+% that voted for pappies consists of ppl like this friendly elderly lady too.. who doesn't work.. and so doesn't feel the inflation too much.. and also doesn't "fight with the FTs" for employment opportunities.

Will it take the FTs to eat up all the opportunities and make jobs non-existent for ppl like this kind elderly lady's children to finally see what is really happening?

I think the oppo has to gif pamphlets as well as talks to these group of pappy supporters bcos they are seemingly unaware of the real situationi that is happening. I believe it is crucial that THESE ppl, who either has no jobs, or get allowances from children or govt, to really be informed of what is seriously happening. Not just blindly believe that everything is good and ok.

Seriously, how can we not let them see what kind of problems are are already setting in.. when they don't seem to care that much abt politics? To them, maybe a good 2 or 3 meals a day, cheap travel fares around Sg.. and spending time wif frens and family is what they care for.. and cos there seems to be "gifts" by govt at almost every year to all.. these groups of ppl are quite content to let things be.

That is a big danger that bcos they are; whether unaware, or simply bo charp, pappies can continue to "enjoy" the support of these ppl.

To those of you who haf serious pappy supporters in your elderly parents or frens and families, pls tell them about the situation.. and let them know how you feel.. with actual stories and facts about what is happening.. don't let them "vote blindly" ever again!!