• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How can all Singaporeans survive like this ??

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Something also wrong with the pappies logic of SGD 1K own a flat. :*: Unless the flat owner walk to work and survive on Maggi Mee every meal.

Believe it or not....some people even when buying instant noodles also have to buy the cheapest brands to stretch their dollar....what is sinkieland coming to?

Its one thing to be frugal and thrifty by choice and another if you are forced to live like that.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Two night ago brought a Singaporean family visiting Bangkok for seafood dinner. Friend's mom almost 80 asked me how much a gim-bak-lor (pra kapong) fish cost from market I said less than $4 per kg, then she asked how much pork costs I said about $6 per kg. She told me, "Joe do you know how much my weekly marketing in the wet market cost for a small family? $250 to $350!" I was shocked. Unbelievable but this is a fact.

Guess this is part of the reason why whenever I'm back after 3-4 days I wanna get out the other reasons could be the many foreigners there in public transport etc. Sianz.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
why make your life difficult by calculating how much you need for food, transport, breakfast etc? You scrimp and save on all these but is willing to pay extraorbitant prices for COE, Petrol and one parking trip cost how much already? $4-5? Arent you living a life for yourself and not for others?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Don't worry, Pappies won't let Sinkees die. They will slowly milk everything out of the peasants. Slowly and little by little, until even no more bones. The next next generations will continue to be milked by pappies.

it's ok, the Pappies can always import more new citizens, PRC has 1.4 billion, India has 1.4 billion too, if that's not enough, there's a long queue of Pinoys and/or ____ (insert any other nationalities) to grab :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
so what's with the demise of 3 million Sinkies? :confused::confused::confused:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why make your life difficult by calculating how much you need for food, transport, breakfast etc? You scrimp and save on all these but is willing to pay extraorbitant prices for COE, Petrol and one parking trip cost how much already? $4-5? Arent you living a life for yourself and not for others?
Hehehe. Ah Singh. Well said. We should be living our lives for ourselves and not pappies.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro you long time no come back liao...
If someone else is posting I would have replied with the 'mata wear shorts time' phrase liao :biggrin:

Yes we will reply like that but to be fair $2.50/$3.00 pricing is just not too long ago. Sinkies are really fucked big time.

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore inflation rate is 5.4%. People who read the figure of 5.4% in the paper and then go to hawker dont seem to understand. 5.4% inflation means govt has failed to control economy.

Singapore is actually tied with Swiss cost of living now which is number 5 and 6 in world behind Japan. Paris, London, New York all very much cheap than Singapore today.

Go to any McDonalds today - the Americans are paying 1USD for what Sinaporeans pay 4 SGD. 5.4% inflation in 2012 and high inflation 2011 means your hawker food will continue to rise.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After about 3 decades in Canada, I used to hate paying the relatively higher personal income taxes (in Ontario, the combined federal and provincial personal income taxes is at a marginal 53.5% several years ago, and it is exigible on taxable income of not much higher than $100,000), but if one looks at the federal social programs (like Old Age Security - about $7,200 for each senior citizen 65 and better; and guaranteed income supplement for senior citizens with low income), then one will realize that those income taxes are partly used for the govt's social programs.

Whereas, the top marginal income tax rate is much lower, and exigible at a very much higher amount.

Thank you Charlie99 for telling us this. But then what about the thing that PAP always tell us that these social programs will bankrupt the country? Then again aren't we already bankrupted but their plundering of our reserves? Fuck You PAP!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you Charlie99 for telling us this. But then what about the thing that PAP always tell us that these social programs will bankrupt the country? Then again aren't we already bankrupted but their plundering of our reserves? Fuck You PAP!

The various levels of govt (federal, provincial, municipal) have significant debts, and perhaps, in the SG govt's perspective, Canada is bankrupt!

I believe that the cost of food in SG is relatively very expensive compared to the average person's income. Since housing and food are very expensive in SG, I believe that makes it very challenging for lower income groups. Whereas in Canada, there is the downside protection - if a person is on welfare, prescription medicine is free (also almost free for senior citizens), medicare (appt with doctors, stay in hospital, surgery are free)

I recall that when my spouse was in the labour, delivery and recovery room (long time ago), private room, washroom has three shower heads (at the top, near the body and near the lower area, gold plated plumbing - these are rooms donated or funded by Jewish families at Mount Sinai Hospital)

The cost of milk is so expensive in Singapore (in Toronto: last week $5 for 4 litres of micro filtered milk, this week $4 for same), whereas eggs are much cheaper (about $4 a dozen). This week, fresh salmon fillets (Cdn $7 a pound), fresh skinless and boneless chicken breasts Cdn$5 a pound.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. Ah Singh. Well said. We should be living our lives for ourselves and not pappies.

many people regardless of what profession are actually working for the bank.......
they make money to pay their loans so technically they are working for the banks....
sinkieland we have another feudal lord.............alot of us work for the pappies.......
hard earned money all goes to them.....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,
then how come bank don't pay us salaries? :confused::confused::confused:

Slaves are not paid.....those who owe banks become their slaves.
Just like those slogging hard for their HDB pigeonholes.........forever slave (ok la not forever 30 years or so) to that shoebox.
Or those earning $4-5K buying cars....they become slaves to their cars........they are working for the car.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem in Singapore right now is that price increments are not in tandem with wage increments. There is a serious loss of real purchasing power.

Someone, somewhere is deliberately letting/making this happen. Artificially depressing wages or printing lots of money.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pappies are really good in testing the tolerance level of peasants. One example is the cigarette price. By increasing little by little over a long period of time, the smokers won't any pain. Same as any other thing. Their old trick is to increase little by little and then give out some money and shed a few drops of crocodiles tears before GE. The 60.1% will continue to vote them in.

Don't worry, Pappies won't let Sinkees die. They will slowly milk everything out of the peasants. Slowly and little by little, until even no more bones. The next next generations will continue to be milked by pappies.

After knowing them and yet voting and voting for them again and again.

Now only want to cow bare cow bu

What the fuck

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously??? I can't find any place that sells at such a price.. not even hawker centres.
I saw $4.00 and rice is 50cents. But $6.50 is ridiculous!!
I remember 30yrs back.. char kway teow one plate is $0.80 at my previous home.
Now.. if u dun pay $3.50.. u dun even see one C-hum...

These are elite hawkers, they eat Mee Siam Mai hum, you want char kway teow with hum?, like Oliver, asking for another bowl of gruel. You are lucky that, the char kway teow is not fried by a PRC woman or an Ah Tiong. You pay high prices, while the stall owner cut corners by employing such cheap laboueres...but please check who the landlord is. Most likely the same that screw you every day...directly or indirectly.

I had "hor fun" yesterday, I must say the standard of food had fallen to an abyss, whereas the price have hit the stratosohere & soon eating out will the privilege of the MIW's minions; for we one day will can never afford a plate of "hor fun" anymore. The price $4.00, and it is just a corner, HDB shop space, very few ingredients, even lesser 'kway teow" & taste horrible.

Thanks to the 60%, we have allowed ourselves to be 'cheated' like this..never getting our money's worth for most things we consume...thank you 60%, please keep the faith going!:rolleyes:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's ok, the Pappies can always import more new citizens, PRC has 1.4 billion, India has 1.4 billion too, if that's not enough, there's a long queue of Pinoys and/or ____ (insert any other nationalities) to grab :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
so what's with the demise of 3 million Sinkies? :confused::confused::confused:

Yes!

Singkies voted and voted and voted and voted again and again and again for those men in white to do whatever that they want to do

Singkies deserved it all.

Collective rewards for their collective no-balls-ness

Protector Cromwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
Daft and idiotic 60%, continue to vote for the Pappies for their freebies & short term goodies, continue to believe that they wiuld deliver you MORE GOOD YEARS!!!

U idiots have chosen for it and we all would ENJOY it with you!