• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hougang Spring - Demise of the PAP

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have always felt that Aljunied is not "Hougang" times five that some issues within the party needs to be managed better, that perhaps there is room for a little more bite and bark in parliament to balance the grunt work on the ground, but then again when LTK and WP have proven to be bullet proof in front of Old Style PAP politics and character assasinations it is hard, hard to argue against success.

Locke

In order to have more bite and bark in parliament, apart from the critical mass of opposition MPs, there is a need to up their intellectual level. Whether we like it or not, PAP does have some really brainy fellas in parliament and cabinet, although some clearly have brains but no hearts (or some would say black hearts). But it would be dangerous for opposition to only have hearts but a little light in between the ears, although the heartware is crucial is reaching out to the people and emphatise with them. Opposition need to attract top talents, but those with a heart.

Traditionally, not many would consider joining opposition parties due to social pressure or even stigma. But the political climate has changed significantly since 2006. The ability to attract and retain talents will decide whether the mileage gained by opposition since 2006 will go on to strengthen opposition movements, or suffer fresh setbacks ahead due to inter-party bickering, internal mal-management, external factors such as GMS, Kinana stirring shit.

Old style attacks and character assassination by PAP will no longer work, HG BE clearly showed that. PAP is not stupid. They know that approach won't work anymore. On the outside, it may seem that all PAP members are singing the same tune in unison, but that is probably furthest from the truth. I'm sure not everyone in PAP agreed with TCH's strategy. It's clear that even PAP is in transition, where different factions exists and fighting (hardline vs conciliatory, etc). The fabric of the party could be further tested, especially LHL's control of PAP as the dragonhead, when old man passes on.

From now till 2015/2016, local political scene will be very exciting.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if members of the cabinet and their families have wondered what has gone wrong. They are are all well educated, intelligent and have seen the world.

I am sure they know that without the MSM, PA and NTUC, they would not see a busload of supporters. Do their sons and daughters ever wonder the shame might not cover all the wealth that their fathers have garnered over their political careers.

I am surebmostnof usvwould be embarrassed.

Regarding sons and daughters, google "Li Shengwu"

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Everyone has to watch Youtube to feel the National spirit running high there

wah lau eh... when the mountain don't come to Mohammad, the Mohammad go to the mountain lah! post the videos on your Facebook or blog and let others view it! :p:p:p

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Straits Times silent on WP victory is deafening. Not a sound and gong from them to write what actually happened in the Spring Singapore at Hougang. Everyone has to watch Youtube to feel the National spirit running high there. ST however prefered to conintue living in denial and harp about DC's victory when he actually lose with tears. If 37% is considered a victory to PAP, than all opposition in the last elections would have won big with their head held high. As such I felt Straits Times and Mediacorpse are no longer relevant in this days and age.

Why beat the grass to frighten the snakes?
Leave the media alone during lull ...status quo is beneficial
Let the grassroots feed them with news they want to hear until 2016

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
heheh... truth to be told, bro, the eastern side of Singapore is going to be very colorful in the next GE, can't say the same for the western end thou' :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I give up hope on the Oppos making any headway on the western part of the island.. Too many imbeciles living there..

WP should go all out with all guns blazing in the Eastern part of Spore.. Jenn Jong was just unlucky but if Joo Chiat remains as an SMC in 2016, then Mr Yee will be the hot favourite to finally win there..

East Coast GRC is an achievable target.. Send another A Team there.. Knowing the history of Zorro Lim, expect him to spew more rubbish from now till 2016.. His rubbish mouth can be an asset to the WP..He must be given a KO blow in 4 years time.. Same too for other Eastern GRCs in Tampines and Pasir Ris Punggol.. I'll be crying tears of happiness if all 3 GRCs fall into the hands of the Oppo..

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I give up hope on the Oppos making any headway on the western part of the island

a quick analysis:

Hougang is a strong hold, no let ups, 1 candidate. Aljunied GRC has to hold, 5 candidates. Joo Chiat is a must grab, 1 candidate. Potong Pasir can be taken back by CST only, 1 candidate.

Marine Parade GRC, East Coast GRC, Tampines GRC, Pasir Ris - Punggol GRC, Ang Mo Kio GRC, Moulmein-Kallang GRC... can do a concerted attack. then swee swee boh zao zui... :p:p:p

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
East Coast GRC is an achievable target.. Send another A Team there.. Knowing the history of Zorro Lim, expect him to spew more rubbish from now till 2016.. His rubbish mouth can be an asset to the WP..He must be given a KO blow in 4 years time.. Same too for other Eastern GRCs in Tampines and Pasir Ris Punggol.. I'll be crying tears of happiness if all 3 GRCs fall into the hands of the Oppo..

Comes 2016, Zorro will become Zero
And let us see how he dance from The Income to the Outcome

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Straits Times silent on WP victory is deafening. Not a sound and gong from them to write what actually happened in the Spring Singapore at Hougang. Everyone has to watch Youtube to feel the National spirit running high there. ST however prefered to conintue living in denial and harp about DC's victory when he actually lose with tears. If 37% is considered a victory to PAP, than all opposition in the last elections would have won big with their head held high. As such I felt Straits Times and Mediacorpse are no longer relevant in this days and age.

Agree. But the prostitutes at CNA and SPH don't care one bit if they are relevant to us or not. They only care about being relevant to the one and only client - LKY. These whores only service LKY and would spread their legs and open their mouths the very second the name of LKY is uttered.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
it will all begin when the old man breath his last :eek::eek::eek:

I think it already started with GE 2011. GCT, LKY, MBT, RL, WKS are no longer in cabinet. GY talked about the need to transform. LHL apologised. PAP is in transition. And I don't think LHL has very strong control of PAP. When old man is gone, his control maybe even weaker. He can however hold on to power longer if there's no one good enough to take over from him. Even if we all agree all the cabinet members are not as good as him, that doesn't mean no one will think otherwise and challenge him.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comes 2016, Zorro will become Zero
And let us see how he dance from The Income to the Outcome

Will he still feel so rich when he look at his CPF statement?

How can someone like him hold a ministerial position and someone like Chen Show Mao don't. Something in Sinkeepoo politics is very wrong.

maja06

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now,the question to ask is why is WP under LTK not fielding a team against PAP Teo?

In fact, why isn't there a team within the PAP against Teo? Despite his OCBC connections and present cosy relationship with Dragon Lee, this is also the most vulnerable he has been in a while.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dredd said:
Will he still feel so rich when he look at his CPF statement?

People keep quoting he sees his wealth in his CPF statement. That would be true for the rest of us. Other than the CPF, we have nothing. For LSS, his wealth is outside of his CPF account. I am sure he doesn't bother to look at his CPF which is pittance in comparison to his other accounts.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can someone like him hold a ministerial position and someone like Chen Show Mao don't. Something in Sinkeepoo politics is very wrong.

The art of retaining and dictating power is

Control of MSM, HDB, PA, Election dept and the police
Introduction of GRC with elasticity for stretching and springing
Coupled with juicy carrot and pricky stick
And most importantly...the Fear Factor which comes in many forms
Singapore will collapse if PAP is voted out or the famous one...your mother and sisters will become maids in foreign countries
In politics, there is no right or wrong....it is the art of convincing people to believe what they do is right and what you think is wrong
Like increase the tax to help the poor.....$1000 can own a HDB flat...etc
There is nothing wrong with Singapore politics....it is the 60% that is wrong in Singapore politics

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
People keep quoting he sees his wealth in his CPF statement. That would be true for the rest of us. Other than the CPF, we have nothing. For LSS, his wealth is outside of his CPF account. I am sure he doesn't bother to look at his CPF which is pittance in comparison to his other accounts.

Look at this farker talk. I think my company janitor can speak better...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ao-DGAw1Q2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at this farker talk. I think my company janitor can speak better...

Others I may not know, to me, whether a politician speaks fluently or not is secondary but of course it’s an advantage depending on which shelf in the cabinet he is given

A good politician is one who is able to introduce good policy to benefit both the country and its people
He may not necessarily speaks well, what’s important is the content of his speech and the sincerity of his intentions unlike this Zorro the Hollow clown who spins about the cheapest being the betterest in town. Fuck his lingos on the upturn the downturn and his recent twists and turns

This arsehole is simply toeing the line and barking what a dog does best and never once in his ivory seat says something sensible or digestible. He is performing what his owner commands and persists on doing things just to benefit the country alone without a slightest reward to its hard working and obedient citizens for their own interests, to show the whole world their capabilities in GDP growths and is tops in everything they do.