• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Holding Lee Kuan Yew accountable – Part 1

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Monday, 09 February 2009
Chee Soon Juan

In what has become a landmark speech Minister Mentor pointed out in July 2007 that, thanks to his party, the economy was headed skywards: Tourism, consumer confidence, job creation, inflow of wealth, etc were all at an all time high. Not only was the economy going great guns, social development was apparently also doing swimmingly.

lky_2.gif

In fact things were so rosy then that Mr Lee couldn't hide his excitement: "If there are no wars or oil crises, this golden period can stretch out over many years."

Barely one, let alone many, later Singapore's economy started to go into a tailspin – and, might it be pointed out, there were no wars or oil crises.

In other words, the MM's prediction was spectacularly wrong – not that there is anything surprising with that, Mr Lee had been wildly off the mark many times before:

In January 1998 Mr Lee predicted: "I don't think you're going to get a significant or dramatic political change in Indonesia." Four months later, Suharto was toppled.

In 1995, the then Senior Minister proclaimed: "Both the Suzhou and Singapore sides recognise that they need to work as a team for the Suzhou Industrial Park to compete successfully..." Three years later, the project collapsed.

In 1997 just prior to the general elections, Mr Lee told HDB residents that upgrading would lead to a "40 to 50 percent increase in the value of your HDB property." Before the year was over, property prices plunged with the advent of the Asian financial crises.

There's nothing wrong, of course, about making bad predictions. Let's be fair, everyone at some point has made calls that have turned out embarrassingly wrong. Mr Lee has made, and will make, his fair share.

http://www.yoursdp.org/index.php/pe.../1881-holding-lee-kuan-yew-accountable-part-1

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't obvious that MM Lee is accountable for most things that have happened or resulted from govt actions? For example, MM Lee is accountable for building up the huge reserves that even the developed countries are amazed with?

And what about lifting the squalid gangster-infested kampongs into modern new towns with all the modern infrastructures that keep on getting better? All these are attributable to MM Lee.

Its good that CSJ acknowledges the great work of MM Lee - except that he is too proud to proclaim it publicly.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Holding Lee Kuan Yew accountable – Part 1

Isn't obvious that MM Lee is accountable for most things that have happened or resulted from govt actions? For example, MM Lee is accountable for building up the huge reserves that even the developed countries are amazed with?

And what about lifting the squalid gangster-infested kampongs into modern new towns with all the modern infrastructures that keep on getting better? All these are attributable to MM Lee.

Its good that CSJ acknowledges the great work of MM Lee - except that he is too proud to proclaim it publicly.

That's in the past..MM's reading of the financial world has gone awry for last 5 years. If you bother to examine his record critically, instead of mouthing ingratiating comments, you'll find it true, and CSJ has helped you with some examples. Get yr head out of that sand hole, you ostrich! Tell yr master he's turned senile, and hope he doesnt kill the messenger.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

Idiot,I can agree with you on tat.

But only if you acknolwledge that you cant say external factors when things do not go well,and that is the point.

The spirit shouldn be

You win some,you lose some,a fact of life.

NOT:
Take credit for everything good thing under the sun.
But external factors when things are not going well.

Understooded?IDIOT.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agreed. But I would not comment on CSJ.
Those were past deeds. He should retire and enjoy his wll-deserved golden years. Today he missed the mark on many things e.g. raising Ministers pay again in 2007 when the global recession is just around the corner, we are entering a golden period. Since he is in absolute control then he must be credited with all things good and bad resulting from government policies.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That is nothing great about LKY who try to do the work that he is suppose to do. That is his job, he has to do that. No big deal. That is why CSJ acknowledge it but didn't por lan par for it.

The sinkie minister should know that it is their job to get thing work and if there is a mistake and still dwell on it, then they should be out.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Monday, 09 February 2009
Chee Soon Juan

In what has become a landmark speech Minister Mentor pointed out in July 2007 that, thanks to his party, the economy was headed skywards: Tourism, consumer confidence, job creation, inflow of wealth, etc were all at an all time high. Not only was the economy going great guns, social development was apparently also doing swimmingly.

lky_2.gif

In fact things were so rosy then that Mr Lee couldn't hide his excitement: "If there are no wars or oil crises, this golden period can stretch out over many years."

Barely one, let alone many, later Singapore's economy started to go into a tailspin – and, might it be pointed out, there were no wars or oil crises.

In other words, the MM's prediction was spectacularly wrong – not that there is anything surprising with that, Mr Lee had been wildly off the mark many times before:

In January 1998 Mr Lee predicted: "I don't think you're going to get a significant or dramatic political change in Indonesia." Four months later, Suharto was toppled.

In 1995, the then Senior Minister proclaimed: "Both the Suzhou and Singapore sides recognise that they need to work as a team for the Suzhou Industrial Park to compete successfully..." Three years later, the project collapsed.

In 1997 just prior to the general elections, Mr Lee told HDB residents that upgrading would lead to a "40 to 50 percent increase in the value of your HDB property." Before the year was over, property prices plunged with the advent of the Asian financial crises.

There's nothing wrong, of course, about making bad predictions. Let's be fair, everyone at some point has made calls that have turned out embarrassingly wrong. Mr Lee has made, and will make, his fair share.

http://www.yoursdp.org/index.php/pe.../1881-holding-lee-kuan-yew-accountable-part-1

It takes 2 hands to clap,

to hold him accountable, you need sinkies with balls that slap him down. But based on the quality of sinkies that i see, it is easier to just let foreign powers to invade sinkieland in order to get it done.

lubehsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

singapore is nothing but like a small sail sailing across the vast ocean.its course is very much determined by the external factors.if the external factors are favorable and the crew keep the sail smooth sailing according to the direction of the blowing winds everything would be fine and dainty but if theres a storm coming theres not much the crew can do no matter how good or strong they want you to believe they are.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It takes 2 hands to clap,

to hold him accountable, you need sinkies with balls that slap him down. But based on the quality of sinkies that i see, it is easier to just let foreign powers to invade sinkieland in order to get it done.

Most Sinkies have no balls, especially the 66.6%?, how do you expect them not BITE the hand that FEEDS THEM?:mad:

sheryllim

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is the result of the hard work of your parents and my grandparents.

MM Lee is over rated, without Albert winsemius and Goh Keng Swee, our economy will be doomed from the start.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Lestat

I am afraid that Dr Chee has lost it with this diatribe. LKY is irrelevent though he imagines himself to be the rock of wisdom for all ages, his own press secretary according to rumors censors what he reads in terms of press cuttings and summaries to ensure he does not go "off the rocker". LKY is best ignored like that crazy old grandfather, and yet Dr Chee seeks stupidly I might add to make him the centerpiece of the PAP edifice. I am sick of LKY and I am sick of this petty feud between LKY and Dr Chee. this circus was well and good last year in court, but this year is different and the world is in economic crisis.

Dr Chee , his sister and his bunch of merry goons might be bankrupt and seek a career as professional civil disobedience convicts and thus have not an economic care in the world, but the rest of us do have savings, jobs, businesses, stock portfolios and real estate assets and if he and his party wants votes they should start caring about what selfish me and other selfish materailistic Singaporean voters care about

Its personal between Chee and LKY and this article proves it. This global economic meltdown affects all Singaporeans and I find it disturbing and disappointing that those bunch of economic illiterates in the SDP would use it in their ongoing feud with LKY and the PAP. Furthermore I am disgusted with their selective quotes of economist and investors in order to make the case for themselves that the dangers of the excesses of the financial markets were well known. LKY may have been wrong in many things but he was just one of the many global liberal washington consensus that got it wrong with regards to the market and how quickly it would take to stabilize it.

Locke

Chia Ti Lik

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Lestat

I am afraid that Dr Chee has lost it with this diatribe. LKY is irrelevent though he imagines himself to be the rock of wisdom for all ages, his own press secretary according to rumors censors what he reads in terms of press cuttings and summaries to ensure he does not go "off the rocker". LKY is best ignored like that crazy old grandfather, and yet Dr Chee seeks stupidly I might add to make him the centerpiece of the PAP edifice. I am sick of LKY and I am sick of this petty feud between LKY and Dr Chee. this circus was well and good last year in court, but this year is different and the world is in economic crisis.

Dr Chee , his sister and his bunch of merry goons might be bankrupt and seek a career as professional civil disobedience convicts and thus have not an economic care in the world, but the rest of us do have savings, jobs, businesses, stock portfolios and real estate assets and if he and his party wants votes they should start caring about what selfish me and other selfish materailistic Singaporean voters care about

Its personal between Chee and LKY and this article proves it. This global economic meltdown affects all Singaporeans and I find it disturbing and disappointing that those bunch of economic illiterates in the SDP would use it in their ongoing feud with LKY and the PAP. Furthermore I am disgusted with their selective quotes of economist and investors in order to make the case for themselves that the dangers of the excesses of the financial markets were well known. LKY may have been wrong in many things but he was just one of the many global liberal washington consensus that got it wrong with regards to the market and how quickly it would take to stabilize it.

Locke

Dear Locke

In Court before Justice Belinda Ang, LKY accused Dr Chee of having a deep seated hatred of him. Dr. Chee denied it. Now you seem to speak in the same breath as LKY.

The economic gloom and pall of the financial and subprime meltdown and the exposure of con jobs in the financial world go to show that trust should never be put in money and materialism.

There is a small pocket of Singaporeans unaffected by the meltdown, those who have forseen all that was to come. In fact there is enough literature on the net all along about the unsustainability of the world's financial systems.
If you care to search you will find it.

Dr. Chee often taught us not to store treasures on earth which moths and rust destroy, perhaps if the current downturn is affecting you, i suggest you read more of Dr. Chee's articles to gain some deeper insight which would be helpful.

Regards

Ti Lik

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

and chiatilik speaks in the same breathe of chee. whay irony!

big pap vs small sdp and big sdppap vs small opp. what a joke!

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal

taxpayers are paying more than millions...

where has our 400 billions gone?

No way any government or regime make that kind of money.

THAT 400 BILLIONS WERE MADE BY SINKIES, AND TAKEN FROM SINKIES BY STINKING LKY AND USED BY LKY TO PRETEND HE IS AN ECONOMIC GIANT WHEN HE IS IN FACT A FUCKING ECONOMIC DWARF.

THEN SINKIES ARE TOLD NOTHING FOR FREE WHEN LKY AND HIS PAP BASTARDS TOOK IN 400 BILLIONS TO PLAY WITH AND FRENCH COOKING COURSES ARE NOTHING AT ALL TO THEM

SINGKIES !

FIND YOUR BALLS AND KICK OUT LKY AND PAP BASTARDS.

THAT 400 BILLIONS ARE YOURS AND YOURS ALONE

NOT TEMASICK OR GEE I SEE TO FUCK ABOUT WITH

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Locke

In Court before Justice Belinda Ang, LKY accused Dr Chee of having a deep seated hatred of him. Dr. Chee denied it. Now you seem to speak in the same breath as LKY.

The economic gloom and pall of the financial and subprime meltdown and the exposure of con jobs in the financial world go to show that trust should never be put in money and materialism.

There is a small pocket of Singaporeans unaffected by the meltdown, those who have forseen all that was to come. In fact there is enough literature on the net all along about the unsustainability of the world's financial systems.
If you care to search you will find it.

Dr. Chee often taught us not to store treasures on earth which moths and rust destroy, perhaps if the current downturn is affecting you, i suggest you read more of Dr. Chee's articles to gain some deeper insight which would be helpful.

Regards

Ti Lik

the only lesson chee taught is how to get even with adversaries like the famiLee. if he fails to do it, then pschyo more goons to aid to his bidding.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

<style></style>Really ! is that man an island to himself?...Or all that cannot be achieved without LKY?

Pleez lah.Nobody can claim to sway destiny.People and a country's geo-politics has a great say in how things turn out in history.

Even George Washington did not breast beat that if not for him USA would not exist.Neither any great good leaders in history boasted likewise....but the greatest of all men are who admit their follies ...even Suharto bowed out.That says a lot.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
old faggot BobDog stop stealing cheating and conning!

unemployed parasite old fart faggot fake monk PAP dog Bob Sim Kheng Hwee,

temple thief, swindler, fraudster, cheat, con-artist, liar, hypocrite, deceiver, all rolled into one!

stop stealing money from temples!

stop bashing your father!

stop calling your mother LAU-CHEE-BYE!

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear Lestat

I am sick of LKY and I am sick of this petty feud between LKY and Dr Chee.

Locke

Petty? Really har.

Which begets another question.It was people like Chia Thye Poh long ago and it was JBJ recently...than the list goes on to Dr.Chee and etc...Now tell me who has been picking this 'petty' fights for the past 40 years or so?

And how petty can it get when they are imprisoned ,bankrupted and made to run, family including?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear CTL

Perhaps Dr Chee's true calling is not that of an activists or a politician but rather that of a " Catholic Priest " preaching " Treasures stored in heaven."

Nothing wrong with being selfish and an unashamed capitalists. It is after all the cornerstone of liberal democracy, free markets capitalism money and materialism in case you have somewhat covieniently forgotten or intellectually ignored

Perhaps apart from those you have read, I would suggest that you read Kindleberg and Schumpeter with regards to capitalism and the financial system and how the ups and downs go. but generally capitalism is about up.

Btw in case you forget , communism socialism and Mao Tse Tung's anti market ideology has gone the way of history.

LKY has been part of the liberal globalized washington IMF led capital market consensus. They have been proven wrong somewhat, but the financial markets will learn , adapt recover and Singapore must have a role within that architecture. There were international financial markets before LKY, before you, before me and before Dr Chee and there will be international financial markets after you and I are dusts and Dr Chee's and LKY's voices are lost in time.

I would like to state that I believe the elections will be held in June or somewhat later and if this diatribe by Dr Chee is any indication as to how the SDP approaches a potential GE then I am afraid I am looking at another PAP wipeout with PP under Desmond going under.

Locke