• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HK Towkay Says "We will Hire Locally Even if More Expensive"! Sinkie Towkay?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not all will go. Some will stay and die. Others will go and die. Others will go and succeed. One way or another, the jobs will be gone. Singaporeans have just done themselves in.

It's all bs ...they won't survive anywhere else ...if they move to Indon, they will live in fear and they will kowtow to the workers there ...if they move to Viet, they will live in greater fear as they could be eaten up like dogs ...if they move to mudland, the Islamist will scare them to bits ...at the end of the day, they will just remain in sinkapore and accept lower profits.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So you willing to pay even more so that Singkies instead of banglas can work in construction?

Where did I say Sinkies should replace Banglas in construction? But if you need to employ Sinkies, you better pay him well enough so that he can lead a decent life. Don't blame his cost as the key factor to raising property prices. It is not.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The difference its the dialect group that dominate the country. Hk is canto dominated whereas in singkieland its dominated by hokkein. But teochew are majority. And places where hokkein dominated always screws up like indon n php. I now rest my case about hokkeins

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Everyone having said all the above, anyone willing to be construction worker yourself or allow you sons to be one, kee chiu!!

DollarsNoSense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Core Hongkongers have strong sense of unity and identity. Hong Kong under British rule until 1997, strong ang moh democratic system influence, strong social activism, etc but now slowly fucked by commies and influx of commies - the core Hongkongers are protecting their identities and interests.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The dialect also plays an important part. Singkie land is hokkein dominated. Tat y we fucked up

Core Hongkongers have strong sense of unity and identity. Hong Kong under British rule until 1997, strong ang moh democratic system influence, strong social activism, etc but now slowly fucked by commies and influx of commies - the core Hongkongers are protecting their identities and interests.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where did I say Sinkies should replace Banglas in construction? But if you need to employ Sinkies, you better pay him well enough so that he can lead a decent life. Don't blame his cost as the key factor to raising property prices. It is not.

kanina is turning a deliberate blind eye to the government's role in increasing land costs.

higher land costs = money in government's pockets
higher wage costs = money in citizens' pockets

we can see very clearly which path our government has chosen.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I disagree with importing labour to solve the shortage problem. Instead, we should encourage more young people to enter the industry," he said.

U want more young Singaporeans to be construction workers?

When the government is importing low skilled workers so locals can more up the ladder to more desirable jobs, retarded opposition supporting morons wants us to go backwards to 3rd world country jobs

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
He said the higher cost gets passed on to consumers
So you ppl willing to pay more for housing?

This show shallowness in the thinking of some people !!!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Construction worker is not a 3rd World job. It a job which need skills, strength and guts.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Construction in Singapore cannot be compared to construction in temperate countries where conceivably better educated and better skilled locals will want to do the job.

Construction worker is not a 3rd World job. It a job which need skills, strength and guts.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U want more young Singaporeans to be construction workers?

When the government is importing low skilled workers so locals can more up the ladder to more desirable jobs, retarded opposition supporting morons wants us to go backwards to 3rd world country jobs

Hello, you are THE retard here.

When did I ever say I want more Singaporeans to be construction workers. The purpose of this post is to compare ATTITUDES of Hongkie towkays versus Singkie towkays. Profits are always important - that is the purpose of being in business, but there are also other things to consider - responsibility to society; long term outlook versus short term quickies; etc. You are obviously a PAP retarded IB.

Even Tommy Koh compared HK construction workers with SG ones - he noted that those in HK are paid a few times more and their productivity is higher. Productivity is higher probably because of factors like:

- Education and mindset of Hongkie construction worker versus the Bangla ones that El Cheapo Sinkie towkays hire

- Hongkie managers don't pretend to manage and they manage their construction workers better also because of cultural affinity

- Hongkie capitalists invest in the necessary machinery and equipment to enable the Hongkie construction workers to do their work better whilst Singkie towkays will want short term quickie profits so they can buy foreign properties as insurance rather than sink capital into an island which they don't have much loyalty towards but expect peasants' sons to defend in case of war while they and their children flee to London, New York, etc to sit it out

So, PAP retarded IB, please learn how to READ BETWEEN THE LINES and for goodness sake do something about your signature. Chen Show Mao's IQ is obviously many times higher than yours and peasants like you should be shot for insulting those many times more worthy than them!

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wouldn't wish a construction job on any Singaporean except the White Hats. Hong Kong is cooler than Singapore 75% of the time and even then are hardly at the same level of skill of the Japanese.

When did I ever say I want more Singaporeans to be construction workers. The purpose of this post is to compare ATTITUDES of Hongkie towkays versus Singkie towkays. Profits are always important - that is the purpose of being in business, but there are also other things to consider - responsibility to society; long term outlook versus short term quickies; etc. You are obviously a PAP retarded IB.

Even Tommy Koh compared HK construction workers with SG ones - he noted that those in HK are paid a few times more and their productivity is higher. Productivity is higher probably because of factors like:

- Education and mindset of Hongkie construction worker versus the Bangla ones that El Cheapo Sinkie towkays hire

- Hongkie managers don't pretend to manage and they manage their construction workers better also because of cultural affinity

- Hongkie capitalists invest in the necessary machinery and equipment to enable the Hongkie construction workers to do their work better whilst Singkie towkays will want short term quickie profits so they can buy foreign properties as insurance rather than sink capital into an island which they don't have much loyalty towards but expect peasants' sons to defend in case of war while they and their children flee to London, New York, etc to sit it out

So, PAP retarded IB, please learn how to READ BETWEEN THE LINES and for goodness sake do something about your signature. Chen Show Mao's IQ is obviously many times higher than yours and peasants like you should be shot for insulting those many times more worthy than you!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wouldn't wish a construction job on any Singaporean except the White Hats. Hong Kong is cooler than Singapore 75% of the time and even then are hardly at the same level of skill of the Japanese.

Auntie, I oredi told your retarded teammate wMulew to learn how to READ BETWEEN THE LINES. How many times do I have to tell you that my post is NOT about construction workers but about ATTITUDES of Hongkie towkays versus Sinkie towkays.

Just in case, you still miss the point - Sinkie towkays IN WHATEVER INDUSTRY are CHEAPSKATE, don't take a long time view, don't have social responsibility, not willing to invest capital to help raise productivity, etc. In fact, you are probably one or the wife of one of them. Besides, if the Government has its hands in 70% of the Singapore economy, through stat boards, GLCs, etc, the most CHEAPSKATE, disloyal, short term Towkay in Sinkieland is the one that Sinkies themselves elected. Really DAFT. Sinkies should REPENT and do something about this in 2016 and better still BEFORE.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The GLCs take those who can't make it to the MNCs and pay them 60-80% of the MNC pay but their salaries are still about 30-50% higher than the salaries paid by the Chinese Towkays (except maybe the Indonesian ones).

Just in case, you still miss the point - Sinkie towkays IN WHATEVER INDUSTRY are CHEAPSKATE, don't take a long time view, don't have social responsibility, not willing to invest capital to help raise productivity, etc. In fact, you are probably one or the wife of one of them. Besides, if the Government has its hands in 70% of the Singapore economy, through stat boards, GLCs, etc, the most CHEAPSKATE, disloyal, short term Towkay in Sinkieland is the one that Sinkies themselves elected. Really DAFT. Sinkies should REPENT and do something about this in 2016 and better still BEFORE.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Tow Kay is a survivor. You can see why he is a Tao Kay ! He knows how to do business and politically he know how to catch the sail.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyone ever get 90 months bonus? Taiwanese did.

ZL8mi.jpg

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal

So, PAP retarded IB, please learn how to READ BETWEEN THE LINES and for goodness sake do something about your signature. Chen Show Mao's IQ is obviously many times higher than yours and peasants like you should be shot for insulting those many times more worthy than them!

Another fine example of retarded opposition supporting moron. At the end of the day you still don't want Singaporeans to be construction workers so who will build the flats? They build themselves? Clones? Robots? Aliens? Complain so much end up the solution is still foreigners. Retard