• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hemp Oil save 2-yr-old from brain cancer that modern medicine can't !

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you guys have been in this forum and aware of what is going on, you would realise that Vamjok is a research scientist with a University. And the research is not about astronomy or nuclear fusion. Don't be fooled by his postings on trivial matters and his writing style. There is a time and place for everything.

Its not about buying books or keeping in touch with what the web has to say. This is science and the principles are the same everywhere. There are universally accepted and applied protocol. Evidence is everything and the ability to recreate the same result from the same application is key.

There is no doubt that pharmaceutical companies are driven by profits. That is actually besides the point. It is not the place of Pharmeceutical companies to accept, pass, endorse or agree to the efficacy of any drugs. That is the role of regulators and the wider scientific community that have proper accredidation. The scientific community keeps an eye on the regulators and regulators keep an eye on the scientific community as a form of checks and balances.

If the biggest pharmaceutical company tells anyone that drug z is good, nobody in his right mind is going to accept it. Regulators have to put the drug thru various process and your own doctor who is medically trained has to prescribe it.

Billions are poured into cancer research by companies, donors and the general public and then we have a clown called Tonychat who has done his own research and found the cure. Johnny i have no doubt is a hypochondriac and I have a relative who is one as well and the behaviour is identical. Lots of supplements, lots of literature, first to turn up for colon cleanising when it made its appearence etc until it was banned and lots of lectures to everyone who passes by. Unable to substantiate a single claim. Also heavy into conspiracy theory. Banned by local doctor and goes to JB. Sounds familiar.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just my 2 cents worth.

I had seen this sort of argument before.Between a Phd from MIT and another---the line of argument was pretty much the same.MIT guy was asking to back it up from established scientific journals,since getting your writings published itself is a feat among the scientific community.The other was a very knowledgeable guy--something he acquired by living through it.I see a sort of repeating here.

The problem with our medical community here in Singapore is that they are brought with a notion that anything that is not within their scientific community is a quake.You don't see such mind set in other countries.Like China and India for example,not even Germany.Apart from TCM,alternative medical treatment like Homeopathy is quite accepted in those countries .In fact the so called western treatment is known as ""... Allopathic medicine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allopathic_medicine.....andhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allopathic_medicineand homeopathy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy ..is not a quake and has it's root in Germany.And it's graduates are recognized as medical doctors in some countries.In fact,if I am not mistaken in UK,one has to have an MBBS as a basic degree tp study and practice Homeopathy.

Now apart from TCM,the Indian schools such as Ayurveda and Siddha are also now widely accepted in western circle.If I am not mistaken the John Hopkins University is conducting some research on this.The Arabs too have their Unani --the word literally means Greek Medicine.

Enough said.

Now,I personally know of a professor in Singapore who died some time back.He was one of the top globally recognized expert in his field of medicine.Used to be the consultant for all the elites around this region.People who sends their private jets to fetch him.During his last days he kept company only with the alternative medical practitioners .

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with our medical community here in Singapore is that they are brought with a notion that anything that is not within their scientific community is a quake.

And it's graduates are recognized as medical doctors in some countries.In fact,if I am not mistaken in UK,one has to have an MBBS as a basic degree tp study and practice Homeopathy.

Now apart from TCM,the Indian schools such as Ayurveda and Siddha are also now widely accepted in western circle.

So are you for or against mainstream acceptance? Or is it the scientific method of empiricism that you're skeptical about? You don't care about scientific proof as long as there are university degrees and government approval to validate treatments? :confused:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;T4ies9j5dRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ies9j5dRE[/video]

[video=youtube;TZiLsFaEzog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZiLsFaEzog&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;8KbLHii8M2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KbLHii8M2A[/video]

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say already, if you are interested to know, go and search it yourself. I do not spoon feed sinkie. You dun believe what i say , then dun read it. simple as that. why would i wanna quote to you and why should i listen to you .

Quote to a sinkie to read? i will never do that.

i already give you some infor that the one who research on the effectiveness of laetrile is by an honest researcher in the USA. he is well known. The politcs in USA to cover this B17 cure to cancer is huge but still people are able to have faith in it.

I have never thought of shutting anyone up as i don't give a shit what you and others are saying. I just want to see how stupid you are with your NUS backing. And it has prove to me that you are a complete sinkie fool and a trash from NUS and a serf to the politics that govern educational and medical institutions..... and i am right again.

Sinkie do not care about others, they only care about their own status and what position they are in.

uneducated cowards making empty statement out of thin air. just type the scientist name out if you dare.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
So are you for or against mainstream acceptance? Or is it the scientific method of empiricism that you're skeptical about? You don't care about scientific proof as long as there are university degrees and government approval to validate treatments? :confused:

Alternative medicine is complementary .It requires more funding to be researched for scientific method of empiricism...thereby it's not a question of whether this or that.It's both.One cannot discount alternative medicine which has a history of thousands of years.Whereas aloepathy which you call the western medicine also known as heroic medicine only took off in the 19th century.Even in that,fields like psychology and neurology is a very recent development.Whereas TCH has addressed neurology thousands of years earlier.

Such field as immunization in aloepathy is nothing but Homeopathy ....so scientific community was forced to recognize that reverse action is a cure and not killing it with medication.Because the basis of homeopathy is to recreate the sickness by introducing the same virus into your body.In short,your body is the best doctor.This was previously not accepted by the scientific community but when epidemic broke out there was no other choice but homeopathy-

Even plastic surgery owes it's origin to India.Disgraced royalties who had their ears and noses cut were replaced in ancient times.It was in only in 1769 AD to 1799 AD that the British came about this technique with their wars with Indians on how repair badly mangled and disfigured man.In fact you can even say that it the wars that brought about many discoveries in medicine.Not so much in lab.In fact even nursing recognized as an important art in healing is credited to Madam Noghtangle ; only because of war.

The point being,many countries recognizes the importance of alternative medicine.But in Singapore,we tend to be copycats and simply regurgitate what our peers in tells us for simplicity sake.We don't have the culture to think out of the box.We need to address this.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alternative medicine is complementary .It requires more funding to be researched for scientific method of empiricism...thereby it's not a question of whether this or that.It's both.One cannot discount alternative medicine which has a history of thousands of years.

So until it's proven by science, we should just accept its claims as valid because of tradition and history? By all means, enjoy tradition and history. But don't make epistemic claims by appealing to history. It's one thing admiring a Qing vase; it's another to claim that the dragons on it are real by virtue of its thousand-year history.

Not so much in lab

Empiricism isn't restricted to labs. The argument here is that there's no empirical proof for all these alternative medicine, be it in labs or war zones.

The point being,many countries recognizes the importance of alternative medicine.

You sound as if homeopathy and TCM are banned in Singapore. Anyway, not everyone in all those countries recognise the importance of unproven alternative medicine. The video clips that I posted depicted clearly the disdain some in those countries have towards homeopathy. Where are the Sinkie versions of these videos? All I'm getting here are Sinkies being copycats and simply regurgitating what they read on dubious websites without thinking out of the box and questioning what they read. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
So until it's proven by science, we should just accept its claims as valid because of tradition and history? By all means, enjoy tradition and history. But don't make epistemic claims by appealing to history. It's one thing admiring a Qing vase; it's another to claim that the dragons on it are real by virtue of its thousand-year history.

No body forces you to accept anything as a fact or otherwise;it's your prerogative....The question I put to you is why do you force your belief system on others?.

Besides,can you prove to us your belief system is an exact science;that what is proven today is not proven otherwise tomorrow?....can you guarantee that.

You sound as if homeopathy and TCM are banned in Singapore. Anyway, not everyone in all those countries recognise the importance of unproven alternative medicine. The video clips that I posted depicted clearly the disdain some in those countries have towards homeopathy. Where are the Sinkie versions of these videos? All I'm getting here are Sinkies being copycats and simply regurgitating what they read on dubious websites without thinking out of the box and questioning what they read. :rolleyes:

You make me laugh.By your contradictions.Your video clips are not reflective of everyone lah.Hey,it is you who says there are many dubious websites --your words and not mine.But doing exactly the same by quoting some of it.:p:(:wink:

You are simply dwelling in selective argument.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's not forget that integrative treatments can also limited to the context of just western medicine. Take for example IV Chelation which can only be carried out by in a doctor's office. It's a treatment to remove heavy metals & has been used to treat Atherosclerosis. For years doctors who have been using this treatment have been harrassed in the US & even in Spore doctors have to be discrete.

When you consider the obscene profits they are making from angioplasty, stenting, heart surgeries, drugs.. vs this cheap sub-$200 treatment for chelation you can understand that it's about profit$$$ & not about patient welfare:rolleyes:

Another medical procedure is Enhanced External Counter Pulsation (EECP). It can only be carried out only in a doctors office. It is non-invasive & very, very effective. It should be used as a first line of treatment rather than just drugs & surgery. However in the whole of Spore you won't find any doctor offering EECP:eek: It's because they can make more profit doing the "approved" treatments. In an operation, the hospital, the surgical team, the drug companies all get a cut of the $$$

It shouldn't be surprising that doctors are motivated by $$$$. As patients we should educate ourselves because if we don't we will end up like lambs to the slaughter.:wink:

Empiricism isn't restricted to labs. The argument here is that there's no empirical proof for all these alternative medicine, be it in labs or war zones.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No body forces you to accept anything as a fact or otherwise;it's your prerogative....The question I put to you is why do you force your belief system on others?.

Besides,can you prove to us your belief system is an exact science;that what is proven today is not proven otherwise tomorrow?....can you guarantee that.

You make me laugh.By your contradictions.Your video clips are not reflective of everyone lah.Hey,it is you who says there are many dubious websites --your words and not mine.But doing exactly the same by quoting some of it.:p:(:wink:

You are simply dwelling in selective argument.

He is a sinkie, that is why. that is how sinkie behaves. One of the sinkie traits being display by this goon here.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allopathy way of treatment is unparallelled in history.We cannot deny this.We cannot take a person with a heart attack to a homeopathy practitioner.Machines like MRI gives us the capacity to picture what is going on within our body.Besides allopathy has more practitioners door to door than any other alternative medicine.

But that gives them no rights to poo poo alternative medicine which had treated our ancestors for thousands of years.Neither can we discount alternative medicine as not empirically scientific.In fact,alternative medicine had survived more years than allopathy per ce.And the fact that allopathy had drawn heavily from alternative medicine is a testimony to this.

Even surgery for example,by acupuncture without anesthesia only came to light after Nixon visited China .In 1971 President Nixon opened the doors to China. A New York Times journalist James Reston was in China at the time and had an emergency appendectomy with acupuncture used as the anesthetic.—Hence the first US national media coverage concerning Acupuncture was in 1971.

So the gist is--

There are a lot of areas of alternative medicine still uncovered.Perhaps because of neglect or the the easy availability of allopathy.But the point is since power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely ; the few of the billion dollar drug companies that dominates and the numerous of it's medical practitioners had become a cartel of sort.If you were to read about the sideeffects of most of the prescription drugs you would be horrified.A drug while curing 1 disease is capable of creating 10 another.Such horrors are only discovered some 30 years later and many still swept under the carpet.Just Google the word side effects or adverse effects or as contradictions of any medicine; even over the counter Panadol or paracetamol rather, and you would be horrified. That is the gist .In fact even the medical practitioners as a profession are powerless against this huge drug cartels which operates on profit basis.Prescription drugs has the highest profit margin than any product sold on this earth.

The very reason why many seek alternative medicine.Apart from that the medical community itself feeds on each other profiteering on your medical misfortunes.Hospitals operates on profit basis.They rent their facilities,like the operating room by the hour.And because a surgeon uses the facility he has to pay for all the inventories as well even if unused.....and they have a quota to meet.So some operations are done which are unnecessary.In fact a survey reveals that 70% of operations done are not necessary.All of which eventually lends on a patients lap financially; with doctors mark up further.Any opportunity to refer a patient is profits for the doctor.Every X-ray,every diagnosis has a cut for the doctor.Even medications cost you a bomb because the doctor dispenses it.For example,try asking your GP for a break down say if he bills you $70 for a flu ---most likely $35 would be the antibiotics.Get a prescription and you may buy it for $5/ from any pharmacy.

Hence our health care had become a rip of operation.Which is why they need to operate like a cartel.Protecting their profession by scratching each other back.

Last edited: