• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB Dweller want his address to be swee swee and looks atas

Muachee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Neh tot changing the address will make him more atas.. did Holland V HDB also spell wit APT BLK.. :p

Are we resigned to living in "blocks" forever?
Letter from Sam Prasad
Updated 10:23 PM Nov 29, 2011

Residents of Housing and Development Board flats have their addresses stated as "Apt Blk so-and-so ..." in letters from many government agencies and other large organisations.

But are the words "Apt Blk" (for Apartment Block) necessary, with 80 per cent of the population living in public housing?

Just as community centres were renamed community clubs to keep up with the times, the format for an HDB flat's address should be changed.

For instance, I live in an area called Nee Soon Spring, and I hope that my address could be simply 123, Yishun St 72, #01-456 or a classy address like 123, Nee Soon Spring, Street 72, #01-456, akin to any private apartment or condominium.

I am not suggesting a sudden, costly change of address in our identity cards but a gradual death of the current format.

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC111129-0000151/Are-we-resigned-to-living-in-blocks-forever

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
wearing emperor robe doesnt make you a emperor.:biggrin:
ah neh tio si ah neh.:biggrin:

The problem is that he's wearing the emperor's new clothes. Nee Soon Spring or Pinnacle@Duxton, he's just a serf in the grand scheme of things. Still wanna act atas. He doesn't even own his bloody HDB flat. How sad it is that so many sinkie sheep can't even tell the difference between a leasee and an owner.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Face is very important in Spore. People buy Merc, Jaguars, Lambos, iPhones to advertise their status. If one is poor & living in a HDB pigeon hole it must be difficult.

It's understandable, of course. I'm just trying to highlight the fact that it's no big deal that Sinkieland has one of the highest home ownership rate in the worl when sinkies are living in small pigeon holes that they don't actually own in the true sense of the word.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why did he stop short at suggesting removing "APT BLK". Might as well all the way remove the BLK number and Street also, since our Postal code is coded to point to the exact Blk Number.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I overheard some loser HDB upgrader neighbors of mine lamenting that their new ic address does not include the condo's name....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I overheard some loser HDB upgrader neighbors of mine lamenting that their new ic address does not include the condo's name....

This category of people will maximise the use of the condo's facilities. They will, week in week out invite friends and relatives to their place to impress them of their new found status. Even the manner in which they speak will also change. When they walk, also different.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's understandable, of course. I'm just trying to highlight the fact that it's no big deal that Sinkieland has one of the highest home ownership rate in the worl when sinkies are living in small pigeon holes that they don't actually own in the true sense of the word.

I've learn't to be careful when making jokes about how much someone has:o

I made this mistake many years ago antagonising a colleague. He then started listing his net worth: car, private property,......:smile: Since then I've limited my discussions to politics:biggrin: Believe it or not, it's now more fashionable to critique the gov't & it's policies than in the past:eek:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've learn't to be careful when making jokes about how much someone has:o

I made this mistake many years ago antagonising a colleague. He then started listing his net worth: car, private property,......:smile: Since then I've limited my discussions to politics:biggrin: Believe it or not, it's now more fashionable to critique the gov't & it's policies than in the past:eek:

I have come across this type of show off before, and when they had completed their listing of what they ahve down to the prestigious schools their children are attending, I would just tell them, oh! that's good, I have only 'bus number 11'!. ha ha ha ha

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Neh tot changing the address will make him more atas.. did Holland V HDB also spell wit APT BLK.. :p

Are we resigned to living in "blocks" forever?
Letter from Sam Prasad
Updated 10:23 PM Nov 29, 2011

Residents of Housing and Development Board flats have their addresses stated as "Apt Blk so-and-so ..." in letters from many government agencies and other large organisations.

But are the words "Apt Blk" (for Apartment Block) necessary, with 80 per cent of the population living in public housing?

Just as community centres were renamed community clubs to keep up with the times, the format for an HDB flat's address should be changed.

For instance, I live in an area called Nee Soon Spring, and I hope that my address could be simply 123, Yishun St 72, #01-456 or a classy address like 123, Nee Soon Spring, Street 72, #01-456, akin to any private apartment or condominium.

I am not suggesting a sudden, costly change of address in our identity cards but a gradual death of the current format.

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC111129-0000151/Are-we-resigned-to-living-in-blocks-forever
What's wrong with Apartment Blocks (APT BLK)? Removing these from the address doesn't transform his HDB pigeonhole into private property.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's wrong with Apartment Blocks (APT BLK)? Removing these from the address doesn't transform his HDB pigeonhole into private property.

The removal of APT Block I would agree, it is a waste of space, why can't we just write, in which I do;

for example. 123 Down By The River Drive, #01-234, SIngapore 125299

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Could this be some sort of subtle tactic to let the pigeon hole tenant know:

"Peasants, please be reminded you are staying in a HDB pigeon hole and please make sure you have enough CPF in the OA for next month's deduction."

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
The removal of APT Block I would agree, it is a waste of space, why can't we just write, in which I do;

for example. 123 Down By The River Drive, #01-234, SIngapore 125299

I agree on that. Nothing to do with atas. It's to do with putting you down. Apt. Blk. immediately identify your address as HDB to police and civil servants.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The problem is that he's wearing the emperor's new clothes. Nee Soon Spring or Pinnacle@Duxton, he's just a serf in the grand scheme of things. Still wanna act atas. He doesn't even own his bloody HDB flat. How sad it is that so many sinkie sheep can't even tell the difference between a leasee and an owner.

hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. daft sheep have always been fooled on the lease thing.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He doesn't even own his bloody HDB flat. How sad it is that so many sinkie sheep can't even tell the difference between a leasee and an owner.
my sentiment too. he doesnt own bloody anything.
in fact he is renting from the govt. he dun even know it? cannot be.:biggrin:

Face is very important in Spore. People buy Merc, Jaguars, Lambos, iPhones to advertise their status. If one is poor & living in a HDB pigeon hole it must be difficult.
ya lor but the qns is are they fully paid?
if not, it doesnt belong to you at all. try to skip few instalments and they will see who is the owner.:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I can tell that this ah neh is 80% sinkified. Another 20% more, he will bend down and get screwed like the rest of the low life Sinkies here.

Last edited: