• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB Deputy CEO: Flats are "within family's reach"

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Within reach" is not the same as within grasp. So he is right but like all pappies and their dogs and prostitutes, they can be intellectually dishonest and get away with it because the media doesn't question them nor do they do a through job in their role as the media.

These scumbags are all in cohoots to lie and cheat. They are dishonest. It is as simple as that. Whether the prices are within reach or not has nothing to do with the skyhigh prices of HDB flats!

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sympathies actually go to the sandwiched dual-income couples making each about $4k-5k/month, not qualified for first-time HDB flats. There's such a big gap between that to private residences. And with the astronomical prices of HDB re-sale flats as well..

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sympathies actually go to the sandwiched dual-income couples making each about $4k-5k/month, not qualified for first-time HDB flats. There's such a big gap between that to private residences. And with the astronomical prices of HDB re-sale flats as well..

with 8 to 10k /month can easily afford a condo out of the city.

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
with 8 to 10k /month can easily afford a condo out of the city.

Not anymore. The monthly mortgage payment is about $4K to $5K. That leaves very little for other essentials, not to mention when you are old and retired, you have to literally eat bricks if you don't have a filial son or a good son in law.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry but i don't have much sympathy for this group...at $8-10K combined income they can easily and comfortably find an affordable hdb flat in a non mature estate...and still build on savings + car + maid etc...the problem with this group and quite afew in the young newly wed group is that the are very choosy and picky...well if you are very choosy and picky then supply and demand principles kick in more...its as simple as that...

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel sick reading the same standard reply from HDB saying the the flats are heavily subsidised, affordable, below int'l benchmark, blah, blah, blah when countless ppl have written in to complain on the high prices in the forums; & this is only a handful of letters that are published. There may be hundreds more which are not published.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel sick reading the same standard reply from HDB saying the the flats are heavily subsidised, affordable, below int'l benchmark, blah, blah, blah when countless ppl have written in to complain on the high prices in the forums; & this is only a handful of letters that are published. There may be hundreds more which are not published.

maybe this is one of the agenda opposition parties to should highlight during this coming election rally...:biggrin:

so many ammos for oppositions PAP still dun die...

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry but i don't have much sympathy for this group...at $8-10K combined income they can easily and comfortably find an affordable hdb flat in a non mature estate...and still build on savings + car + maid etc...the problem with this group and quite afew in the young newly wed group is that the are very choosy and picky...well if you are very choosy and picky then supply and demand principles kick in more...its as simple as that...

A correction here: most people with a joint income of a scale like that (though it is still pretty small to be really impressive honestly) would live in flat-imitates you people call condominiums.