• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HDB 3-Room Flat at $7-Million Possible?

lhlisanidiot

Alfrescian
Loyal
My parents bought their hdb 3-room flat about 30 years ago for $10000, it can sell for about $350000 today, an increase of 35 times.

If I buy a new hdb 3-room flat at $200000 today, do you think I can sell it for $7million in 30 years' time???

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My parents bought their hdb 3-room flat about 30 years ago for $10000, it can sell for about $350000 today, an increase of 35 times.

If I buy a new hdb 3-room flat at $200000 today, do you think I can sell it for $7million in 30 years' time???

Of course can la.......you fucking idiot.
Keep voting for PAP

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

well , to cocksucker like case888, kinana ,etc, it is possible. so they have to ensure that their master is still in charge at that time.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ur fat hope....

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. yes, please.
2. go ahead, you sheep:biggrin:
3. btw, what did you last vote for?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You're assuming property prices will continue to compound at the same rate as the past few decades. That is quite unlikely. Our land mass cannot support that kind of population expansion that would produce that GDP growth. Mathematically impossible. We'd have to invade M'sia and probably thailand as well.

Flozzy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

depends on what your 7 million can buy 30 years later!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's nothing to brag about, because the purchasing power of your Singapore dollar has plummeted since 30 years ago.

That's what happens when you print and print more money.

melissamarietan

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey, 35 times the investment is a great return and investing in a property is considered to be one of the best long term investment option. If you invest in an hdb now, I feel that you would get an awesome return after 20 to 30 years though I can't confirm the returns amount. :wink:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Khaw Tua Lan will say "It's still affordable.No one will be left behind".:biggrin:

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal

In 30 years' time, S$7,000,000 can only buy you a Cherry QQ mini-car. Because of inflation. So, all that money will be of no use to you. It will be the same as having 7,000,000 rupiah today. Or 7,000,000 Zimbabwe dollars. :biggrin:

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I happen to be a young man (below 30), I would seriously consider moving elsewhere. Future does not look great for S'poreans in S'pore unless your lau peh leaving you with tonnes of $$$$ or several properties.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No matter how much your silly 99-year lease pigeon holes appreciate in value, just remember that wages are stagnant and prices of things are more and more expensive.