• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Guru Nanak's Free Kitchen

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
How did the Free Kitchen as started by Guru Nanak come about.
A little background before we see how the Free Kitchen concept plays out in today's world.

Sacha Sauda - A True Bargain​

At the age of eighteen, Guru Nanak Sahib Ji, was sent by his father Mehta Kalu to the city to do business. His father was disappointed that Guru Sahib's mind was not into farming and other worldly work, therefore, he thought perhaps engaging him in trade would firstly, be a good profitable profession, and secondly his son would be happy all day talking to his clients about his business.

Thinking this way and choosing an auspicious day, Mehta Kalu called Bhai Mardana Ji to accompany Guru Sahib.

Mehta Kalu gave twenty rupees (a big sum 550 years ago) to Guru Nanak and Bhai Mardana Ji and said, "Go with Nanak. Buy and bring some genuine goods by selling of which we may make profit. In this way if you make a profitable transaction, next time I will send you with more money to buy goods."

Guru Nanak and Bhai Mardana Ji started from Talwandi towards Choohar-khaana to purchase some merchandise. They had hardly gone ten or twelve miles from the village when they came across a village, where the people were starving, thirsty and sick due to lack of water and an outbreak of disease.

Guru Nanak Sahib Ji said to Bhai Mardana Ji, "Father has asked us to carry out some profitable transaction. No bargain can be more truly profitable than to feed and clothe the needy. I cannot leave this true bargain. It is seldom that we get an opportunity to carry out some profitable transaction like this."

Guru Nanak took all the money to the next nearest village dwelling, where he bought plentiful supply of food and brought water for these people. Guru Sahib invested the twenty rupees into what we today call 'Langar'.

eis bhaekh ai thhaavahu gireho bhal aa jithhahu ko varas aae ||
"Instead of wearing these beggar's robes, it is better to be a householder, and give to others." (Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 587)

As well as bringing food and water to the villagers, Bhai Mardana Ji and Guru Sahib brought clothes for with the money that was left. Taking leave from the villagers, they started back 'empty-handed'.

When both reached near Talwandi, Guru Nanak said to Mardana Ji, 'You go to the village alone, I shall sit at this well." Bhai Mardana Ji went to the village and narrated the whole story to Pita (Father) Mehta Kalu Ji. He told him where Guru Nanak was sitting. Mehta Kalu was very angry that they had wasted money on feeding, clothing and taking care of needy people and didn't make any profit. Putting aside all work he took Bhai Mardana Ji along and started towards the well.

Guru Nanak asked his father not to get angry with him. He tried to convince his father by telling that he had not done anything wrong with the money but has done a 'Sacha Sauda' (True bargain) in the true sense.

For Mehta Kalu, amassing of wealth was the only true bargain because in this world it is money which is the mark of nobility, it is the wealthy who is wise, only the rich are considered gentle, honest, pious and lovers of mankind. The means by which the money has been earned are of no consideration. Only those who make true transaction think about the ways and means.

At the place where the true bargain took place, Gurdwara Sacha Sauda Sahib is built. In current day Pakistan the Gurdwara Sacha Sauda is in the city of Farooqabad.

Doing good to the people is the way of a Sikh. Sharing with the needy, makes the day of a Sikh. The true bargain of life is sharing one's earning with the needy and helping in whatever way we can.

---- That is why I always advise everyone not to turn your back on a poor person.
A small amount (what you can afford) will go a long way for the poor and needy.

In return he will bless you and you also bless and pray to God for him too.

images

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
4 huge truckloads filled with food to help all those in need.
You will never see such huge trucks in Singapore.
Look at the never ending queue of humanity.
No one will ever be turned away.
I understand the high cost of living in Canada has affected many people from all walks of life.
This is the True Bargain of Guru Nanak being played out all over.

Long lines for free rations in Canada | Guru Nanak Free Kitchen is a boon for students#amritvirdee

-- free fruit, packed vegetables, jam, bread, etc etc

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal

World's Biggest Free Kitchen​

@harsheenkaur3570

2 years ago
I belong to Sikh religion and it’s taught to us from the start that every religion is equal and this story is about “langar” known as free food, anyone can come to eat beyond their caste, colour and race. You can get langar in every Gurudwara and this is the main thing taught by our GURU’s. I am really happy that this story is reaching to thousands and millions of people :smile:

@ZOYAKHAN-15572

2 years ago
I am Muslim and i go to golden temple 2 times and i love the environment people working there they are so kind ️ i am shocked that so many people visits their but never food over Sikhs have really very big heart they are proving that humanity still exist and they provide food for free no from so many times I hope everyone thinks like. Them ️

@sr-3734tqp

8 months ago
Sikhs are the gem of India. Proud to call them fellow Indians from Kerala.

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Sikh Free Kitchen during Covid.

Sikhs in Salem deliver food to hospital workers during coronavirus​

@LinRuiEn

3 years ago
Sikhs are some of the nicest people I've met. This is not surprising to see from them, they really will take care of anyone, regardless of religion or relation. It's nice to see good still in the world.

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who supplied oxygen to the masses during Covid?
The government.
Absolutely not.
Who can you rely on?
The Sikhs - Thanks to Guru Nanak and his teachings of humanity.

'Sarkar’ Has Failed, Sardar Hasn’t': Sikh Groups Lend a Healing Touch Amid COVID Crisis | The Quint​

Sarkar - Government Sardar - Respectful reference to a Sikh

@afsanakhan7071

3 years ago
Despite of being 1-2% in India, their representation and community service is unmeasurable. Salute to all Sikh brothers and sisters.

@ashishgoswami6303

3 years ago
A policeman might not save you, but a sardar will not think about his life twice before he saves you. I respect all sikh people . India should take inspiration from sikhs.

@christinaswp3376

3 years ago
Sikh are a terrific culture, they don't judge, for them everybody is equal.

@mpaleivang1336

3 years ago
I am christian...i feel so proud of sikh community... true hero ..my prayers are with you

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Pope should answer about Vatican’s collaboration with Nazis in WW2 and how much profit from sale of Indulgences in course of history. Also the illegal murder of people during Inquisitions

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sikhs cannot imagine not having a free kitchen.
Their lives revolve around that one example of Guru Nanak and duty thereafter bestowed on them by Guru Nanak.
I was eating exactly the same lentils at 1:52 while watching the you tube.
lol

Sikh Community Feeding the Hungry​

Sikh Community Gives Out Thousands of Free Meals to Those in Need | NowThis​

C9z0PrRxD8f4vOzEyS2c2a864NwHEEZdyGY9lk-AWf-NYqkYGNQOQ0kOuMMozSDLX9Hz_1Ihi-keqOw9aEimLspfpHgQPXokj5WTU9W1