• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gurkhas damn kilat is a MYTH!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It doesn't work that way. It was nothing to do with good military skills, good soldiering etc. It was numerical superiority. The world would not have forgiven the UN coalition forces if they killed 100 peasants to one UN soldier. The war would have dragged on for years as the Chinese would continue to push forward poor peasant soldiers.

MacArthur asked for the dropping of the atomic bomb and the President refused and eventually removing MacArthur. You ever wonder why ? If the only desire is to win. The world will not tolerate wholesale slaughter because stubborn people stick to their ideology and sacrifice their own men and women.

From there they pushed UN back to south of seoul before being pushed back to 38th line. So overall it still a victory for china.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those were real Gurkha rejects having nowhere else to go but had some connexions in India. Anyway, talking about that, PRC war record has been pristine. They beat off entire 2 million of worth ROC troops onto Taiwan after WW2, just stopping short because of lack of naval power against USN guarding the straits.

Then, they forced a draw in Korea against US and UN allied troops to retain North Korea as their guardhouse gateway. Then, they beat India at Kashmir border within 2 weeks to retain the Qing Dynasty border milestone as the border. Then, they also beat back Vietnam all the way to just outside Hanoi within 2 weeks.

Oh shit I wonder if he screw has come in to flame you for writing anything good about the Chinese. Remember Chinese are supposed to be lousy fighters

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It dosn't work that way. It was nothing to do with good military skills, good soldiering etc. It was numerical superiority. The world would not have forgiven the UN coalition forces if they killed 100 peasants to one UN soldier. The war would have dragged on for years as the Chinese would continue to push forward poor peasant soldiers.

MacArthur asked for the dropping of the atomic bomb and the President refused and eventually removing MacArthur. You ever wonder why ? If the only desire is to win. The world will not tolerate wholesale slaughter because stubborn people stick to their ideology and sacrifice their own men and women.

Fuck off screwball if I was India that did it you would be praising them to be skies. And to use the atomic bomb and then say it was gOod soldering on the us part? Screwball just creae more clOnes to repeat your drivel

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh shit I wonder if he screw has come in to flame you for writing anything good about the Chinese. Remember Chinese are supposed to be lousy fighters

Real Chinese can really fight. The difference is fight for what? For example, there was no intention of conquering Korean, India or Vietnam. It was just to tell them in no uncertain terms, draw the line and stay behind the line. The massive USN 7th Fleet amassed at Japan Sea and Taiwan Straits were to protect Japan and Taiwan against PRC crossing to invade out of anger and vengeance. They were all already defeated by China, but subordinated to be US allies.

The naval and aerial advantage were the two US could keep, allow Chinese troops to land on Japan and Taiwan, that's the end of US dominance in Far East, and very costly. Help ROC on Taiwan to try to re-invade PRC, not politically or militarily possible too, even more costly, after having tasted the Korean War. So, just keep their advantage edge and maintain status quo.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It doesn't work that way. It was nothing to do with good military skills, good soldiering etc. It was numerical superiority. The world would not have forgiven the UN coalition forces if they killed 100 peasants to one UN soldier. The war would have dragged on for years as the Chinese would continue to push forward poor peasant soldiers.

According to wiki it UN 961k vs 1.21m (at peak)

Anyway no war are fought a equal footing in history. Much as China and NK got that slight numerical superiority, they lacked the mobility and air power. I do believe the UN entered Korean war to save SK initially but as they gain the advantage, it became clear that the objective changed to annihilate NK as UN force pushes through to 38th line all the way to NK border with China.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Real Chinese can really fight. The difference is fight for what? For example, there was no intention of conquering Korean, India or Vietnam. It was just to tell them in no uncertain terms, draw the line and stay behind the line. The massive USN 7th Fleet amassed at Japan Sea and Taiwan Straits were to protect Japan and Taiwan against PRC crossing to invade out of anger and vengeance. They were all already defeated by China, but subordinated to be US allies.

The naval and aerial advantage were the two US could keep, allow Chinese troops to land on Japan and Taiwan, that's the end of US dominance in Far East, and very costly. Help ROC on Taiwan to try to re-invade PRC, not politically or militarily possible too, even more costly, after having tasted the Korean War. So, just keep their advantage edge and maintain status quo.

after Korean war, US wanted Chiang to give up Kinmen, Matsu and Dachen. US wanted Chiang to declare Taiwan independence from China. Chiang, a true nationalist staunchly refused.

Gen MacArthur told ROC ambassador Shao Yulin that he was sacked by the undercover US/British Communists.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after Korean war, US wanted Chiang to give up Kinmen, Matsu and Dachen. US wanted Chiang to declare Taiwan independence from China. Chiang, a true nationalist staunchly refused.

Gen MacArthur told ROC ambassador Shao Yulin that he was sacked by the undercover US/British Communists.

Yes, there's a difference between military and political objectives. It was to US/British advantage to keep the status quo as it was and is till now. Gen. MacArthur was only thinking from the military as a military commander from the military perspective. Had he been allowed to do it, Japan would have been redestroyed over again. US/UK/UN/SK couldn't cross the Korean 38th parallel, how to invade China as held by PRC? Invade from air and sea? Standby bodybags then, especially in Taiwan and Japan if by any incalculable luck, PRC managed to land troops there. So as educated and elected ministers, what would US and UK ministers decide? Maintain status quo of course.

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck off screwball if I was India that did it you would be praising them to be skies. And to use the atomic bomb and then say it was gOod soldering on the us part? Screwball just creae more clOnes to repeat your drivel

Dear Brother Jah - or Rather Dear Son Jah,

Why do you condemn India?

It is a Nation that respects all human beings irregardless (hope Leongsam will not be angry) of religion.

It is a Nation that has Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains, Jews, Parsis, Zoroasterians and many other minor communities staying in peace and harmony.

The Government of India supports all, even the Chinese that went there after the Moist revolution of Mao Tze Tung...

Yes, agreed, it may be a filthy nation, but please look at it from a humanitarian point of view.

My Chinese relatives are doing well and flourishing in India.

Now take a look at Pakistan.....

Is it the same there?

India has been attacked many times by terrorists

They may have lost the War with China in 62.

But they are still a Nation that accepts peoples of all faiths.

Give the Indians, just like the secular Indonesians - unlike Malaysians a BREAK

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Brother Jah - or Rather Dear Son Jah,

Why do you condemn India?

It is a Nation that respects all human beings irregardless (hope Leongsam will not be angry) of religion.

It is a Nation that has Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains, Jews, Parsis, Zoroasterians and many other minor communities staying in peace and harmony.

The Government of India supports all, even the Chinese that went there after the Moist revolution of Mao Tze Tung...

Yes, agreed, it may be a filthy nation, but please look at it from a humanitarian point of view.

My Chinese relatives are doing well and flourishing in India.

Now take a look at Pakistan.....

Is it the same there?

India has been attacked many times by terrorists

They may have lost the War with China in 62.

But they are still a Nation that accepts peoples of all faiths.

Give the Indians, just like the secular Indonesians - unlike Malaysians a BREAK

I really wonder if they actually accept ppl of all faiths. Pls give examples. So what are your chinese relatives doing in india that they are flourishing?

Look the fact of the matter is that india is known more for its good reputation rather than what they have actually accomplished. I don't know how they attained that rep but let's put it in a matter-of-factly way of looking at things rather than use emotions. They aren't very advanced or civilized. The standard of living there is appalling yet somehow they are put on par with china which has much higher standards of living and they get things done in a much much more timely fashion. It's just like the kid that got Cs and Ds being put into the same category as the kid that has straight A's what do you think the straight A kid is going to feel if he's mentioned in the same breadth as some C and D kid?

Actually i doubt they are that welcoming at all. Maybe if you kind of look indian you can blend in. I know the zorrostrian faith of the old iranians before the country become a muslim nation thrives there but comeon iranians look indian.

There used to be a chinatown in calcutta but yet i hear it's been torn down or somehow destroyed. Obviously they aren't very welcoming of the chinese ppl.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I was just replying to how ppl like screw would love to stereotype chinese as being a bunch of useless fighters simply cos they were not grouped into a martial race which is a very demeaning way of being categorized by foreigners like how the brits categorized their subjects like animal breeds.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right about that. MacArthur overstepped his remit. it was only to secure SK. He got greedy after the famous Inchon masterstroke.

Anyway no war are fought a equal footing in history. Much as China and NK got that slight numerical superiority, they lacked the mobility and air power. I do believe the UN entered Korean war to save SK initially but as they gain the advantage, it became clear that the objective changed to annihilate NK as UN force pushes through to 38th line all the way to NK border with China.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right about that. MacArthur overstepped his remit. it was only to secure SK. He got greedy after the famous Inchon masterstroke.

Actually, the whole of Korean peninsula was to be lost to NK and PRC by then. It was the Inchon landing with US naval power that managed to secure a draw at the 38th parellel.

Last edited:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoa, lots of people defending the MYTH - it is a myth - that Gurkhas boh beh zao, HAHAHA

No wonder the masses get so easily conned

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You mean scroobal is Indian har?

Then I will kenna infraction if I continue with my "Guess the Race" topics or not?

Screwball so let me ask you. If the chinese are such useless troops why did they beat burma and india? Cos they are lousier troops? Screwball i know you like to suck up to kelings and that's fine but pls stop using us when you write. We are definitely not like you. Go ahead and kiss ass but the fact remains that china is a rising power. Oh sure they lost to a technologically superior japan. The way you're putting it it's like the chinese were such useless fighters that they let japan just overrun them like that. Well that's not true ok. Just start any cheap praise or bashing forummer thread so that you and your running dogs can come in to kiss and blow each other or post another hot gossip thread. So what did lee hsien yang have for lunch today?