• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

good luck to all those leasehold private condo in future when your super high condo cannot be enbloc anymore...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If I'm not wrong, they should be Canadian citizens by now. 2 of their children are by birth and he had already sold his HDB some years ago.

Quebec is very different from the rest of Canada. They are given equalization payments. It has one of highest tax rates in the Confederation. But it also has the best social welfare programs too funded by those equalization payments the rest of Confederation gives them.

So many Quebecers don't work collect money and live very comfortable lives.

Hmm actually maybe I should move to Quebec instead.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quebec is very different from the rest of Canada. They are given equalization payments. It has one of highest tax rates in the Confederation. But it also has the best social welfare programs too funded by those equalization payments the rest of Confederation gives them.

But I don't understand about you. You have high praises for Canada all along until your encounter with some recent setbacks. Look on the bright side and try your best to integrate yourself into the community again since you are already there. You've sold all your assets in Singapore and it'll be a very big task to start all over again.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
But I don't understand about you. You have high praises for Canada all along until your encounter with some recent setbacks. Look on the bright side and try your best to integrate yourself into the community again since you are already there. You've sold all your assets in Singapore and it'll be a very big task to start all over again.

I have learned that losers like me are the problem.

Will be better off dead.

Singapore is a good place. Wish you all the best.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have learned that losers like me are the problem.

Will be better off dead.

Singapore is a good place. Wish you all the best.
Oh, come on. The sky cannot be sunny all the time. There are ups and downs along the way. There's a way out in every situation, only depending how much one is willing to go through.

Long ago, I had once contemplated to migrate to Australia under their skills dependent scheme. But I told myself that by doing so, I will have to sell all my assets in Singapore and there will be no turning back no matter what the eventual outcome is going to be in Australia. After visiting Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, I'd changed my mind and settled in JB instead. In case of anything going wrong, I just have to suffer some minor losses by selling my house and a car at lelong prices if I need a quick sale. But I can still return to Singapore at anytime I want because my 2 apartments are still with us.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Oh, come on. The sky cannot be sunny all the time. There are ups and downs along the way. There's a way out in every situation, only depending how much one is willing to go through.

Long ago, I had once contemplated to migrate to Australia under their skills dependent scheme. But I told myself that by doing so, I will have to sell all my assets in Singapore and there will be no turning back no matter what the eventual outcome is going to be in Australia. After visiting Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, I'd changed my mind and settled in JB instead. In case of anything going wrong, I just have to suffer some minor losses by selling my house and a car at lelong prices if I need a quick sale. But I can still return to Singapore at anytime I want because my 2 apartments are still with us.
You smart. Good decision. Glad things are working out for you.

You are right.

I am just tired already. As I have mentioned before there isnt anything else I really want to do anymore.

I have some positivity now wanting to see my youngest daughter grow up for another few more years. But other than that I really can die with no regrets.

Time to go.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You smart. Good decision. Glad things are working out for you.

You are right.

I am just tired already. As I have mentioned before there isnt anything else I really want to do anymore.

I have some positivity now wanting to see my youngest daughter grow up for another few more years. But other than that I really can die with no regrets.

Time to go.
Time to go - Everyone must face. But if even an ant will want to fight for its own life when cornered, I don't see why a human don't? Look on the bright side, bro. All the best to you.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Time to go - Everyone must face. But if even an ant will want to fight for its own life when cornered, I don't see why a human don't? Look on the bright side, bro. All the best to you.
Thanks.

I know that if an any is cornered fighting for is own life against me it will die for sure.

Last edited:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah all wasted. Money time and effort.

Before they came I told them just get any entry level job. So that you are not living off savings. I will help provide housing. Husband lucky got white collar job in his field before coming. But sister kept saying she need to find job she wants and likes. Otherwise what is the point of migrating?

Ask them to buy a good reliable cheaper car first. They say why? I said keep costs low first. When you both find jobs and are doing well then buy nicer car. They say if you can live the dream why not live the dream? Why not go for your dream car?

When I talk about "got job take first got money take first" they tell me about Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Self actualization. They cannot see themselves doing entry level jobs. And then when finally got some job also don't like. Say the work is tough a lot of work pay is low after taxes even lower. Food is lousy. Weather is cold. All complaints. Nothing good.

Sigh. Different generation. Different thinking.

I have learned my lesson. Many Singaporeans are not suited to migrating. So no point helping. Even if they are family.

bro i have to agree with u "Many Singaporeans are not suited to migrating". i strongly believe if one never experienced shit life in singapore they will never able to adapt to other countries to these group in their mind singapore is far more better.

u know when me and my dear wife migrated to Australia after we paid the plane ticket and motel in our bank(actually my wife bank she left $1000 as for me less then $100. after we paid for the rental car we left only about $300 and the 1st month my wife salary was delayed we went to buy groceries and at the counter we cant even affort to pay a plastic bag and had to carry our groceries using our hand and we had to borrow money from relatives in sg.

the 1st few years was really hard because everything we have to start all over a new life in Australia. i still remember the 1st 6 months i sent my wife to work one hr drive and i sit in my car and wait until my wife finish work i eat in the car slepp in the car pee using a bottle in the car!
now when i look back all those hardship is worth it i look at my life now.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

yes, please move to Quebec. don't come back to singapore. there are already enough losers here, we don't need more

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
he is fake lah. praise canada all the time, then now moving back,,.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
yes, please move to Quebec. don't come back to singapore. there are already enough losers here, we don't need more

I don't think SG has a lot of losers. Most are highly capable smart people in high paying jobs. Definitely not like me a big dumbfuck loser.

Truth is I cannot move back to SG anymore. So don't worry.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
he is fake lah. praise canada all the time, then now moving back,,.

Many people in SG complain and slander SG all the time and stay in SG. Similar concept I guess?

If the place is too good it becomes bad need to leave. If the place is bad and no good then it is good to stay.