• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Kena Conned in Phuket!

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never do his homework, just book a minivan for a few days. The driver double as a tour guide some more, and good food everywhere we go.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been to phuket and the taxi driver is very nice to me and help me carry my luggage and half way through , i ask him how much , he dun wanna tell me , i ask him the 2nd time, he told me 600. I tell him to stop and i snatch my luggage from his hand and walk back. The driver damn LL.

i walk around the street and finally got a tuk tuk like taxi and pay a 500 baht and i got no choice, that is 6am. Even in chiangmai, there are many taxi drivers at the train station as well asking you where you wanna go.

THat is the norm and it is this part where you should use your streetwise smartness, and of course those over protected, egoistic sinkies will lose their way there.

I have been to Phuket many times, from the time it was not so developed, no internet service, no fast food joints...to the advent of internet services & mushrooming of fast food joints...

From then, till now, the 'sharks' have not changed..but then again, this is not unique to Phuket airport... :p

Even one is doing a free & easy, one still have to do some homework...call the hotel by telephone, even if booking is done through the internet; and ask about pick up from airport to hotel..and vice versa..and ask HOW MUCH!.

I thinK STINKERPOREANS , this person must be the 66.6% variety, thinks anywhere out there is SINGAPORE!!

What a stupid person...fortunately the taxi driver at the airport did not bring them all the way to Phromthep Cape..and dump them there...ha ha ha ha

:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never do his homework, just book a minivan for a few days. The driver double as a tour guide some more, and good food everywhere we go.

Even this, you have to negotiate with the driver.....go to some of the places the driver has 'petrol money', not all the places he suggest...

Do some homework....:wink:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
She should have arranged for a pickup from the airport....don;t know how much it is now... I think it is around BHT600 from airport to hotel(s) at Patong Beach & a pickup from hotel(s) to airport, when she is leaving...

Decent picket is BHT1000. Even then, Camry only.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even this, you have to negotiate with the driver.....go to some of the places the driver has 'petrol money', not all the places he suggest...

Do some homework....:wink:

I did, and went already, zero hard sell experience. Fixed price paid to the driver everyday.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are touts and conmen everywhere. If you are conned because you didn't do your homework, Then take it as a lesson loh and since its only small $$$, why make a big deal out of it. For example if you have not been conned in China, you have never been to China.

The last time I visited Patong Beach was a couple of years back, before the damn Tsunami flattened it. I rememeber there is a nice Thai restaurant by the beach. I think the owner is a French guy. is it still there?

I remember a funny incident when I was walking by the beach in the evening. A tanned and muscular "beach boy" approached me and started chatting with me. Invided me to go to his "club" and then I realise he is a gay. Thank him and started walking back to my hote when he shouted behind me. Can't rememeber the actual words but it is something like: "You are a gay (or there is a gay inside you and you don't know it). You just have to open up and admit it".

Since then I've been searching for that gay inside me but have not find it yet. Phuket is so full of ugly Thai women and gays........

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are touts and conmen everywhere. If you are conned because you didn't do your homework, Then take it as a lesson loh and since its only small $$$, why make a big deal out of it. For example if you have not been conned in China, you have never been to China.

The last time I visited Patong Beach was a couple of years back, before the damn Tsunami flattened it. I rememeber there is a nice Thai restaurant by the beach. I think the owner is a French guy. is it still there?

I remember a funny incident when I was walking by the beach in the evening. A tanned and muscular "beach boy" approached me and started chatting with me. Invided me to go to his "club" and then I realise he is a gay. Thank him and started walking back to my hote when he shouted behind me. Can't rememeber the actual words but it is something like: "You are a gay (or there is a gay inside you and you don't know it). You just have to open up and admit it".

Since then I've been searching for that gay inside me but have not find it yet. Phuket is so full of ugly Thai women and gays........

Went last year, did not traversed the whole beach so not sure if the restaurant you mentioned is still around or not.

Funny bit about the gay in you, lol. I guess if there is a gay in any of us, 'he'll' be clamoring to get out. Yes, there are a lot of fugly prosty, and the sad thing is the really pretty ones are the chicks with dicks.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the restaurant is probably wiped out together with those poor hawkers on the beach. Heard there was a lot of restless ghosts after the Tsunami. Phuket was also used as a "warehouse" for those unidentified bodies. Wonder if they are still there.

I bet the Shark and Banana disco are still there.........

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wahahah!!!

Why dun you shout back?

Saying: THere is a man inside you but you are too lazy to find it and you screwed urself up to become a gay.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahahah!!!

Why dun you shout back?

Saying: THere is a man inside you but you are too lazy to find it and you screwed urself up to become a gay.

CB Kia tonychat,

we already know thailand full on conman, prostitutes, gays and OKTs:oIo::oIo:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Which section of Patong beach? from Holiday Inn to Banana Disco, and then from Banana disco to Bangla Rd?..

My very first memory of Patong Beach is the restaurant over looking Thalang Bay (something like that)...BANN RIM PA, and will visit thus resturant, WHEN I have a chance to be at Patong Beach, Phuket..

http://www.baanrimpa.com/

Now they are a group....and the ANG MOH owner pass away somethime this year..

:biggrin: