• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS: Apologize to Nicole Seah now

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
hw cum hazel poa not cock eye liao????????? :biggrin: oh..last time hazel poa cock eye mah...becum pap bitch, then join rp, then together wif gms in nsp!! no wonder cock eye... :wink:

Mr Goh Meng Seng is trying to give Nicole Seah & NSP more publicity. The issue is on Chinese evening papers yesterday.

Mr Goh Meng Seng, what are you?

21buhx3.jpg

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The worries of NSP is real and valid. Future conflicts in Tampines and Marine Parade are real. As long as these worries are not addressed, the possibility of 3 corner fight in Hougang by-election will be high.

People only read what they want to read. I have said that it is only best for both parties to sit down and negotiate.

Goh Meng Seng

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait, you are comparing WP's "ownership" of Hougang with NSP's "ownership" of Moulmein-Kallang?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Right now, it is not about ownership any more. It is strategical moves. NSP needs assessment of the possible outcome from future 3 corner fights in GRCs. Hougang by-election actually gave them a good opportunity to collect data and get results.

Goh Meng Seng

Wait, you are comparing WP's "ownership" of Hougang with NSP's "ownership" of Moulmein-Kallang?

BlueWave

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right now, it is not about ownership any more. It is strategical moves. NSP needs assessment of the possible outcome from future 3 corner fights in GRCs. Hougang by-election actually gave them a good opportunity to collect data and get results.

Goh Meng Seng

madcow,

did you also said the same thing to tan kin lian?

madcow to tkl : PE is a good opportunity for you to collect data and assess the results. :wink:

tkl to madcow : CCB u never tell me i will lose my deposit :mad:

Z

Zombie

Hougang by-election actually gave them a good opportunity to collect data and get results.

hougang is very small, just conduct a simple survey can liao...

engage in 3-corner fight for what... waste money and effort...

Last edited by a moderator:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did suspect NSP was indeed concerned with Tampines, Marine Parade, and I think more so with Tampines. But there are other ways to handle the issue. You could threaten to send a team to East Coast or MK next time. The possible reason for not doing so is that there are costs to WP if NSP enters into Hougang and spends $16000 to cause WP to lose, but no costs to WP in PAP held wards anyway. Once WP realises this malicious intent, NSP has effectively thrown themselves out of future horsetrading.

No one can justifiably say there's no difference between a WP ward and a PAP ward and it is "strategic move". NSP is on record that Cheo Chai Chen deserves Nee Soon Central more than Lian Chin Way despite the fact that the former abandoned the ward after 1997 while Lian contested there in 2006 - simply because Cheo was once incumbent. Since NSP had argued back then that incumbency, even a defeated one, had such high priority, it cannot always change its stand wherever the situation fits in its favour. A "strategic move" argument is even worse - any party can send a team to any ward based on the justification of "testing water".

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is there to apologize in the first place?

This is an analysis and it is up to the parties to sort it out. If NSP want to contest in Hougang by-election, which I think they have the reasons to do so, the best option is to send Nicole Seah. If Nicole Seah refused to take part, then there is no point for NSP to go into Hougang by-election. The only good reason for NSP to contest in Hougang By-election is to test the relative strength between NSP and WP in WP's stronghold. This is a kind of stress test. And it is a SMC by-election which will depend on candidate's public profile and personal feel on the ground. NSP has no one with personal connections on the ground, it could only depend on individual like Nicole Seah who has high public profile to contest in Hougang SMC. It will give the middle ground voters a real choice other than WP Png Eng Huat. If not, then it would be wasting its time and resources. This is quite simple analysis.

Whether NSP contest in Hougang By-election or not, WP will still force its way into Tampines and likely, Marine Parade as well, just like what it did in Moulmein Kallang, unless WP negotiate with NSP and say they will not do so. Otherwise, it will be wishful thinking that WP will not stampede into NSP's grounds.

I have no ability to make people clash. I only speak according to the information available. WP planted the seed in GE2011 by going into Moulmein Kallang. This is pure karma. Nothing to do with me. It is a good lesson to all, don't think you can just bully anyone when you are strong; there will always be a moment of weakness and others will get back at you.

Goh Meng Seng

Of course you'll not apologize. Have you ever apologized for anything? Prob never. You're always right, never wrong. And that's why you'll never succeed politically, and I don't mean winning an election.

Because you just dun get it. You prob never will.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Your position is muddled, your analysis is half-fucked, speak like you're some 元老from NSP just simply inappropriate. Did Hazel call you and ask you to shut the fuck up?

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe NSP has no intention to stand in Hougang BE, but is using this opportunity to bargain and somehow force WP to make a promise not to stand in certain GRC/SMC come GE 2016.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your position is muddled, your analysis is half-fucked, speak like you're some 元老from NSP just simply inappropriate. Did Hazel call you and ask you to shut the fuck up?

Some fuckers NEED to be told a 2nd time like a looping message before they get the meaning

https://www.facebook.com/nicoleseahnsp

Nicole Seah (佘雪玲)
There have been further queries on whether Nicole will contest in Hougang. Please refer to her holding statement for the media as follows:

I have no intention of contesting in the Hougang by-election if it happens. Anyone else who does so is not taking into consideration the work of Worker's Party MP Low Thia Kiang in retaining one of Singapore's longest-serving opposition wards. I will continue to focus efforts on NSP's groundwork in the wards we contested and the MacPherson community project which has been going strong since it started in July 2011 to help low-income families. Thank you all for your support. - Nicole Seah, National Solidarity Party

GMS self pwn, `nuff said

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe NSP has no intention to stand in Hougang BE, but is using this opportunity to bargain and somehow force WP to make a promise not to stand in certain GRC/SMC come GE 2016.

Not sure why people don't realise such approach tantamounts to threatening, not negotiating. How would NSP is expected to speak - "If you don't give way in 2016, we will come Hougang." Isn't that a threat?

As mentioned, there are 4 other problems to the approach, other than the impression of a threat:
2) Everyone agrees an opposition ward is very different from a PAP ward. You can't use Hougang or PP to exchange with Tampines or even Joo Chiat.
3) By declaring your intention in any way that you are not against 3CF in principle, you can no longer use the argument in future. NSP appears to want to eat and take the cake - say that WP was wrong to enter 3CF, but now NSP is now entering 3CF. There are also long term implications - SDP or RP may want to enter your wards in CCK or Jurong, and may use your own words against you.
4) People would find it odd that NSP was willing to pull out of MK but not Hougang and suspect the intention was something else.
5) Even if WP is willing to negotiate, there are new wards and new GRCs that are more subjective. The bone of contention - Moulmein-Kallang - people still don't realise it is a new GRC. A NEW GRC. Not sure how many times this need to be repeated.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some fuckers NEED to be told a 2nd time like a looping message before they get the meaning

https://www.facebook.com/nicoleseahnsp

Nicole Seah (佘雪玲)
There have been further queries on whether Nicole will contest in Hougang. Please refer to her holding statement for the media as follows:

I have no intention of contesting in the Hougang by-election if it happens. Anyone else who does so is not taking into consideration the work of Worker's Party MP Low Thia Kiang in retaining one of Singapore's longest-serving opposition wards. I will continue to focus efforts on NSP's groundwork in the wards we contested and the MacPherson community project which has been going strong since it started in July 2011 to help low-income families. Thank you all for your support. - Nicole Seah, National Solidarity Party

GMS self pwn, `nuff said

GMS that nitwit will never get it. Does he even realise how pathetic he is? Pity his child.

Tualan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is there to apologize in the first place?

This is an analysis and it is up to the parties to sort it out. If NSP want to contest in Hougang by-election, which I think they have the reasons to do so, the best option is to send Nicole Seah. If Nicole Seah refused to take part, then there is no point for NSP to go into Hougang by-election. The only good reason for NSP to contest in Hougang By-election is to test the relative strength between NSP and WP in WP's stronghold. This is a kind of stress test. And it is a SMC by-election which will depend on candidate's public profile and personal feel on the ground. NSP has no one with personal connections on the ground, it could only depend on individual like Nicole Seah who has high public profile to contest in Hougang SMC. It will give the middle ground voters a real choice other than WP Png Eng Huat. If not, then it would be wasting its time and resources. This is quite simple analysis.

Whether NSP contest in Hougang By-election or not, WP will still force its way into Tampines and likely, Marine Parade as well, just like what it did in Moulmein Kallang, unless WP negotiate with NSP and say they will not do so. Otherwise, it will be wishful thinking that WP will not stampede into NSP's grounds.

I have no ability to make people clash. I only speak according to the information available. WP planted the seed in GE2011 by going into Moulmein Kallang. This is pure karma. Nothing to do with me. It is a good lesson to all, don't think you can just bully anyone when you are strong; there will always be a moment of weakness and others will get back at you.

Goh Meng Seng

L J people talk L J logic

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Perspective,

The problem with all this jobbing with tissue paper which in effect this is what it is. There are no clear rules, with regards to seniority and rights in one election versus another. Names of the constituencies change, boundaries change and the Jalan Besar of NSP days does not look in any way like the Moulmein Kallang of today.

I cannot understand why the NSP is so worried about what the WP will do or seek to do in 2016 and try by playing spoiler in Hougang now to secure rights in whatever form in 2016. MP might disappear in 2016 for all we know.

I do understand that if the NSP puts up a first class team led by a CSM type in both TP and MP, then WP might have to give way if it can't field someone as good. Bargaining in 2016 also depends on the chips one have in hand at that point and not what happens now. Seeking a result now through threats is in my view reflective of a very deep insecurity. that they will have to give way in 2016, because the WP will be able to field teams whose quality exceeds what NSP can bring to the table.

Locke

Not sure why people don't realise such approach tantamounts to threatening, not negotiating. How would NSP is expected to speak - "If you don't give way in 2016, we will come Hougang." Isn't that a threat?

As mentioned, there are 4 other problems to the approach, other than the impression of a threat:
2) Everyone agrees an opposition ward is very different from a PAP ward. You can't use Hougang or PP to exchange with Tampines or even Joo Chiat.
3) By declaring your intention in any way that you are not against 3CF in principle, you can no longer use the argument in future. NSP appears to want to eat and take the cake - say that WP was wrong to enter 3CF, but now NSP is now entering 3CF. There are also long term implications - SDP or RP may want to enter your wards in CCK or Jurong, and may use your own words against you.
4) People would find it odd that NSP was willing to pull out of MK but not Hougang and suspect the intention was something else.
5) Even if WP is willing to negotiate, there are new wards and new GRCs that are more subjective. The bone of contention - Moulmein-Kallang - people still don't realise it is a new GRC. A NEW GRC. Not sure how many times this need to be repeated.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
U only negotiate when you have something on hand. PAP won't negotiate with WP when the latter don't have 1/3 of the parliament seats. Likewise WP won't negotiate with any opposition parties since others have nothing on hand. That not to say WP is as arrogant as PAP but it the reality for politics everywhere in this world and in the corporate world. U only negotiate from a position of strength and not weakness.

NSP thought they can held WP at ransom over HG but I don't think WP has anything to fear from a 3CF. People won't remember MK GRC but they will definitely remember on how NSP causes HG to fall into the hands of PAP. It means WP will have a much easier life in 2016 if they decide to contest in MP, TP GRC. I don't see why should WP negotiate with NSP.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
madcow,

did you also said the same thing to tan kin lian?

madcow to tkl : PE is a good opportunity for you to collect data and assess the results. :wink:

tkl to madcow : CCB u never tell me i will lose my deposit :mad:

Haha, I like this. Political observer indeed.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

How come SDA, SDP, SPP, RP etc don't want to use this "opportunity to collect data and get results"?

I respect Desmond Lim more.

Singapore Democratic Alliance's secretary-general Desmond Lim Bak Chuan writing on his Facebook on this issue says, that although WP did not give him "the recognition that (he) had worked the ground at Punggol East", which caused him to lose his deposit in the last General Election, he will still "appeal to the rest of opposition parties to leave Hougang to WP against PAP".

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He finally admitted that it is the MK thing that got his goat. He should realise that political parties do not operate in a vacumn. Both WP and NSP had contested the ward before and WP did much better than NSP.

If he cannot handle this setback, he is not fit to represent any Singaporean in our parliament. JW is right - dog in the manger.