• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

George Quek just got a wofffles wu for drunk driving and crashing his porsche

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land of the rich and powderful.....Can crash into a road road when driving drunk w an alcohol reading of 61 and walk away with fine siah.?.....

a land ruled by kangaroos court, got $, got relationship, got powder.....SURE CAN be scots free.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The whole purpose of becoming rich and powerful is so that when things turn pear shaped, you can make use of your wealth and your connections to your advantage.

Everyone does it so I don't know what the big fuss is. In this forum, those with more reputation power regularly use their might to try to silence those are are more junior.

It's part and parcel of life.

Bollocks , I can't even zap people :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A picture is worth a thousand words:

[video=youtube;el5uUph54Cw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el5uUph54Cw[/video]

Last edited:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone remember a Prof. Ratnam - the first successful test-tube baby doctor ?
If my memory is correct, ..some years back, he drove his Jahuar - whilst under the influence of alcohol - and hit someone aong Whitley Road. He paid a Hefty fine,..Licence got suspended.

Yes, n Barker too.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So better boycott this crony George Quek's businesses....
If you kena food poisoning eating at his outlets...you can't sue him and get justice.

I have been boycotting (or at least avoiding) since long ago. I don't care for bread and pastries, so those bakeries don't get my business. I've never patronised Toast Box. Only dined at Food Republic a few times. And there are lots of better places for dim sum than Din Tai Fung.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're rich, famous and well connected, you're far more likely to be treated leniently. This is why I always advocate being nice to the PAP leaders and kissing their asses at every opportunity.

Real life scenarios are very fluid. If you’re worth 100 million and you accidentally run down a careless hawker, fine your wealth is an advantage. However, if you accidentally run down the careless daughter of a billionaire or worse of a high level politician who is worth far less than you, talks crap Singlish and has no moral compass to the extent of having the temerity to boast about stealing toothpicks from restaurants, then tough luck.

The whole idea of having RULE OF LAW is so that such factors are taken out of the equation. Your case will be decided on its merits free from extraneous considerations. Your only advantage over the hawker is that you can hire a better lawyer, but you must not be allowed to hire a lenient or biased judge.

Wealth certainly has its advantages, but this should not be one of them. However wealthy you are, there is always someone wealthier and better connected than you. This is what the PRC noveau riche know instinctively. The first thing they do after an IPO windfall is to apply for foreign citizenship in truly First World democracies, gradually moving wealth and family across in order to “diversify”. Being myopic is not a disease limited to the poor. Some rich people have it too.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
blind_justice.jpg

D

Deleted member 80916

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20081231-111578.html

is this an example of the rich, baing able to walk away from mistakes, relatively scott-free ?
I don't remember the conclusion of this case
Perhaps the really rich can afford to keep things under wraps,...and after a while,..people forget ?

>> ASIAONE / MOTORING / NEWS / STORY

Wed, Dec 31, 2008
The Straits Times

Pedestrian dies after being struck by Ferrari

By Sujin Thomas

An Indian national was killed after he was hit by a Ferrari along Clementi Road last Saturday.

Mr S Raja, a 22-year-old construction worker, was crossing the street near The Japanese School at about 8pm when he was struck by the sports car.

Do you wish to visit to the site?

He was flung several metres and died on the spot from severe head injuries.

He was with a colleague from construction company Sato Kogyo. The other man was not injured in the collision.

The 37-year-old driver of the Ferrari was arrested and is assisting police with their investigations.

The car had a shattered windscreen and a damaged front bumper.

Its left rear-view mirror had also been ripped off.

According to The New Paper, a co-worker said Mr Raja had been in Singapore for almost two years and had been looking forward to going home after earning some money.

"Now it will never happen," said the co-worker.

There have been other high-profile accidents involving sports cars over the years.

In 1997, a Porsche driven by a car jockey rolled down a slope at Goodwood Park Hotel. The German- made coupe hit another vehicle along the way, sending both cars down the slope. The Porsche then rolled onto Scotts Road, where it rammed into a taxi, which then crashed into a goods lorry.

Two tourists inside the taxi suffered cuts and bruises.

In August last year, two 19-year-olds died after the Mazda MX-5 they were in careened off the road, slammed into a tree and a brick wall, and went up in flames.

The bodies of Mr William Widjaja, the driver and a Singapore permanent resident, and Mr Alexander Henry Davies, a Briton, were charred beyond recognition.

This article was first published in The Straits Times on Dec 29, 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In August last year, two 19-year-olds died after the Mazda MX-5 they were in careened off the road, slammed into a tree and a brick wall, and went up in flames.

The bodies of Mr William Widjaja, the driver and a Singapore permanent resident, and Mr Alexander Henry Davies, a Briton, were charred beyond recognition.

This article was first published in The Straits Times on Dec 29, 2008.

Well Done Mazda! :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 80916

Well Done Mazda! :biggrin:

what about that other Mazta test drive case - whereby the prick crashed, during test drive,. salesgirl died & he boasted about something related ,...justice was serves also very late. Wonder what this pric is doing, these days,...

The Carnage on our roads WI continue, SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE VERY BAD DRIVING ATTITUDES OF ROAD USERS.

FREAKING GOVT. ONY WASTE RESOURCES, BLAMING ROAD CONDITIONS,...LIGHTING,...EVERYTHING ELSE MORE COMPICATED - EXCAPT LOOKING AT OWN SELVES. SICK SINGAPORE

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you see the surname Widjaja or Widjojo or Widbobo or whatever predictable permutations they like use to name themselves, you know it's a rich Indon crook residing in Singapore.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lousy breadtalk and dtf shit. why sinkees like har? oh i forgot, sinkees love hello kitty.

DTF was good. I dined there when it opened the first restaurant at Paragon.

The standard dropped once they started opening more branch restaurants. Now there are almost 20 DTF restaurants on this island. Taiwan, the place where DTF had originated from, has 9 DTF restaurants. HK has 2, while Malaysia has 4.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what about that other Mazta test drive case - whereby the prick crashed, during test drive,. salesgirl died & he boasted about something related ,...justice was serves also very late. Wonder what this pric is doing, these days,...

The Carnage on our roads WI continue, SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THE VERY BAD DRIVING ATTITUDES OF ROAD USERS.

FREAKING GOVT. ONY WASTE RESOURCES, BLAMING ROAD CONDITIONS,...LIGHTING,...EVERYTHING ELSE MORE COMPICATED - EXCAPT LOOKING AT OWN SELVES. SICK SINGAPORE

Thumbs down for this case. :o By the way, what happened to that Chee Bye Kia?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DTF was good. I dined there when it opened the first restaurant at Paragon.

The standard dropped once they started opening more branch restaurants. Now there are almost 20 DTF restaurants on this island. Taiwan, the place where DTF had originated from, has 9 DTF restaurants. HK has 2, while Malaysia has 4.

Bro, you really need to take a look at the place where they prepare the food before you step in to DTF or BT again.
Anyway, they have just shifted to their new place, hygiene should be better but the same fuck up attitude of those workers will follow to wherever they go.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
When you see the surname Widjaja or Widjojo or Widbobo or whatever predictable permutations they like use to name themselves, you know it's a rich Indon crook residing in Singapore.

These people are the ones that you should thank profusely. They pump the economy with their big spending and all Singaporeans are better off as a result.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These people are the ones that you should thank profusely. They pump the economy with their big spending and all Singaporeans are better off as a result.

Why is the PAP not bringing in the super duper rich Russians? Are they too hard for the PAP to handle? In terms of net worth, the Russians are hundred times richer than the Indons or Pinoys.