• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

George Quek just got a wofffles wu for drunk driving and crashing his porsche

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land of the rich and powderful.....Can crash into a road road when driving drunk w an alcohol reading of 61 and walk away with fine siah.?.....

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Land of the rich and powderful.....Can crash into a road road when driving drunk w an alcohol reading of 61 and walk away with fine siah.?.....

Because he gives good discounts or freebies when the elites patronize his outlets. And some even get to take as many toothpicks as they want, without his knowing of course.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

The whole purpose of becoming rich and powerful is so that when things turn pear shaped, you can make use of your wealth and your connections to your advantage.

Everyone does it so I don't know what the big fuss is. In this forum, those with more reputation power regularly use their might to try to silence those are are more junior.

It's part and parcel of life.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The whole purpose of becoming rich and powerful is so that when things turn pear shaped, you can make use of your wealth and your connections to your advantage.

Everyone does it so I don't know what the big fuss is. In this forum, those with more reputation power regularly use their might to try to silence those are are more junior.

Talking about silencing aka zapping. When are you going to reinstate it? KNN.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
See?

Even sam leong knows its true..... When you are rich and powderful, you can do any fucking thing you want and give the law the fucking finger understand?

Lanchiau the rule of law....rule of lampar one....

Whos your daddy!!!???

Heeheeheehee. :biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Even sam leong knows its true..... When you are rich and powderful, you can do any fucking thing you want and give the law the fucking finger understand?

This isn't unique to Singapore or the PAP. It's the same the world over. In many countries things are far worse. In countries like Thailand, if you have connections, you can get away with murder. Same applies in Indonesia. In Malaysia, if you're part of Royalty you're pretty much above the law.

In NZ, I have a rich friend with connections. He pulled a few strings and got away with an extremely light sentence for growing weed in his backyard. It's normally jail time for sure. He received a community service sentence.

It is for this reason that I always advocate against poverty. It's no fun being poor. It's far better being rich.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Privileges of the rich should not be outside the law. Within the law, there are still many ways to enjoy stuffs and life that ordinary people on the street can't even dream of.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Privileges of the rich should not be outside the law. Within the law, there are still many ways to enjoy stuffs and life that ordinary people on the street can't even dream of.

The law isn't black and white. It is always open to interpretation and it is often up to the police to decide what to charge you with.

Take a simple driving offense where you've hit another car. It could be classified as DANGEROUS driving or CARELESS driving. The latter is a less serious offense. It's up to the cops.

If you're rich, famous and well connected, you're far more likely to be treated leniently. This is why I always advocate being nice to the PAP leaders and kissing their asses at every opportunity.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your argument is a "Appeal to Common Practice" fallacy. That many people do something does not make it right or acceptable.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought this incident happened way back in 2004/2005? Why is this news suddenly dug up again? Don't tell me the court case has dragged out for 9 years?!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Your argument is a "Appeal to Common Practice" fallacy. That many people do something does not make it right or acceptable.

"Right" and "Acceptable" aren't absolutes. The definition changes with the times.

EG In the old days, homosexuality was a crime. It then became unacceptable but not criminal. It is now acceptable.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is for this reason that I always advocate against poverty. It's no fun being poor. It's far better being rich.
If everyone is rich, then nobody has any privileges. To have special privileges, the wealth gap must be big, then bribes can work.

So you should instead be advocating against small wealth gap, and encourage the poor to remain poor so that they can be enticed with bribes.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So better boycott this crony George Quek's businesses....
If you kena food poisoning eating at his outlets...you can't sue him and get justice.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I thought that went out since the day of Magna Carta
When it was established that even the King will be subjected to the LAW.

No end of learning from LeongSam, the great hosanna singer of Stinkapore.

hmmm....

On the other hand, what fucking law are we talking in Stinkapore?
Do we really have laws despite all those fucking highly paid kangaroos here?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Zap also no point. You will up their points from behind the scene.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I thought that went out since the day of Magna Carta
When it was established that even the King will be subjected to the LAW.

I'm glad to be given the opportunity to educate and enlighten people like yourself.

D

Deleted member 80916

Does anyone remember a Prof. Ratnam - the first successful test-tube baby doctor ?
If my memory is correct, ..some years back, he drove his Jahuar - whilst under the influence of alcohol - and hit someone aong Whitley Road. He paid a Hefty fine,..Licence got suspended.