• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forget that LBW is an MP - Facts / Fiction

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
  1. 1) In Nov 07 during the Swedish Open, the coach was missing
  2. 2) Head Coach the night before said that he will watch his game
  3. 3) He claimed that both Mgr and Hd Coach did not apologise or speak to him as claimed by them both in the press
  4. 4) Only the President and Chef De Mission apologised
  5. 5) Nobody informed him that there will be no coach when the match began
  6. 6)Why bring a chap over in 2004, train for 4 years and then forget him
  7. 7) Why pay all that taxpayers money over 4 years, sending him overseas, salary, coaching and support cost.

Forget that Lee Bee Wah exist or even born. Is this serious, minor or should heads role.

Bear in mind that there are 5 coaches and not 4 in the Singapore team. There is 1 manager and a support staff as well. Nobody from STTA wants to apologise or hinted that a serious error had occurred.

Your views........... remember that Lee Bee Wah does not exist.

grunt72

Alfrescian
Loyal
  3. 3) He claimed that both Mgr and Hd Coach did not apologise or speak to him as claimed by them both in the press
  7. 7) Why pay all that taxpayers money over 4 years, sending him overseas, salary, coaching and support cost.

Forget that Lee Bee Wah exist or even born. Is this serious, minor or should heads role.

Bear in mind that there are 5 coaches and not 4 in the Singapore team. There is 1 manager and a support staff as well. Nobody from STTA wants to apologise or hinted that a serious error had occurred.

Which is exactly why I had posted that the truth is more than what u read or feel. A lot more is going on behind the scene...the Team mgr and Head Coach are not angels, from sources...only LBW poor timing and shoot off her mouth.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which is exactly why I had posted that the truth is more than what u read or feel. A lot more is going on behind the scene...the Team mgr and Head Coach are not angels, from sources...only LBW poor timing and shoot off her mouth.
I hope the inquiry won't be like Wong Kan Seng standard. Really poor form. I know that it very odd that Choo Wee Khiang, Pres STTA an ex MP and ex convict was removed one month before the Olympics and it cannot be because he forgot to buy table tennis bats. There is a lot more than meets the eye. His Right man ( a lady) actually who I understand is a tyrant was removed early this year. Now this.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot forget I was treated the same way for 2 years in NS slavery. There should be a board of inquiry on how 50 thousand NS slaves was treated each year for 40 years.

i1u12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are these facts from one party?
Have a full inquiry when the team is back home loh and more dirts may surface!

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, we always get a dose of selective news reporting.

There's probably alot of shit happening in STTA, which need cleaning up.
Likely that LBW's just getting bitten by the entrenched STTA old guards.

Like I said before, her intention is good, but the execution is as crass as her parliament comments. Fun watching her self-destruct though.

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
coach , manager all confident that the player with 12th ranking should have no problem playing with someone in the low 40 plus ranking...

if he lost by one set, coach and manager to be blame, but he lost a straight 4 set, so had himself to be blame...he is just another lousy investment.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, we always get a dose of selective news reporting.

There's probably alot of shit happening in STTA, which need cleaning up.
Likely that LBW's just getting bitten by the entrenched STTA old guards.

Like I said before, her intention is good, but the execution is as crass as her parliament comments. Fun watching her self-destruct though.
Putting a politician in charge of a sports body started from Malaysia Cup Football Days.

Johore which kept getting whacked by our boys got fed up after a thrashing in Larkin Stadium in one Cup outing in the 70s. They lodged a diplomatic note suggesting that N Ganesan, the laywer and the most successful FAS supremo had offended their Sultan at the Stadium. Politician got appointed and we never saw the good old days again.

You need to love the sport, know the sport and breathe the damn thing day and night.

How the number male player got abandoned without been told with 5 coaches and 1 manager in the most important event for the sport is beyond me.

Look at the Brunei Sultan, he removed the Sports Minister when he forgot to register their 2 sportman.

This lady needs to learn basic management skills as well.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This lady needs to learn basic management skills as well.
..6)Why bring a chap over in 2004, train for 4 years and then forget him 7) Why pay all that taxpayers money over 4 years, sending him overseas, salary, coaching and support cost. Bear in mind that there are 5 coaches and not 4 in the Singapore team. There is 1 manager and a support staff as well. Nobody from STTA wants to apologise or hinted that a serious error had occurred.
Plainly, he was ignored in favour of opposite gender team. Even top honcho didn't deny this (excuse of optimising resource on winners). And what strange sickness to befall just before game?

Losing was not unexpected, just that it was game over pronto

Only the PR was lousy in this fiasco.

ilovesg

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual they do practise the PAP style of answering with "gusto" templates and the best thing is :" LETS MOVE ON"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plainly, he was ignored in favour of opposite gender team. Even top honcho didn't deny this (excuse of optimising resource on winners). And what strange sickness to befall just before game?

Losing was not unexpected, just that it was game over pronto

Only the PR was lousy in this fiasco.
Agree, and your last sentence says it all.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who have led people, such issues you mentioned are really non-issues.

Because whenever there are human beings working together, there will always be problems, issues, petty quarrels, backbiting. And blaming whenever something goes wrong.

Therefore the onus falls back on the person-in-charge, in this case, the president.

Her sense of judgment, analysis and execution is reflective of her quality and capability. Her handling of issues become a the measure of her readiness to handle the responsibilities of such positions.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who have led people, such issues you mentioned are really non-issues.
Really, after 4 years, all that taxpayer funded money and its really a non-issue for you. I suppose if she kept quiet. Its alright as its a non-issue.

Therefore the onus falls back on the person-in-charge, in this case, the president.

Looks odd to blame the incident on a president of 1 month. I suppose the Manager gets his daily instruction from her and she forgot to tell him to line up the coach for the game.

Not much of an organisation when it falls us apart spectaculary on a world stage with a president thats 1 month old.Clearly she took away the sting from the incident by her reaction.

If she had not reacted at all, I wonder what would be the opinion of people.
Really - after 4 years, all that money

To me the smartest guy is the Head Coach who kept repeating for the last few days to judge him by the result. No sign of remorse despite the fact that he is in charge of coaches.

Last edited:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is she only the president for 1 month? Then my analysis is wrong. It is the execution, in this case, the timing, that is wrong.

Thank you for your clarification.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...one extra point...if she is there only for 1 month, how can she come to such conclusions so quickly?

And not seek to understand the situation first before making such judgments?

It still boils down to her capability in handling issues.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...one extra point...if she is there only for 1 month, how can she come to such conclusions so quickly?

And not seek to understand the situation first before making such judgments?

It still boils down to her capability in handling issues.

You obviously haven't read the papers. No wonder the comment about leadership.

There are 2 issues (1) the missing coach after 4 years of prep and taxpayers money spent on recuriting and bringing the guy over in 2004 and (2) her less than professional reaction. We are all on the same page with no. 2

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really, after 4 years, all that taxpayer funded money and its really a non-issue for you. I suppose if she kept quiet. Its alright as its a non-issue.

scroobal, you quoted my post out of context. My point is that there will be issues, like those you mentioned and like those others mentioned. These issues can be significant.

And this is my point:

Regardless of these issues, a leader must be able to handle them well. That is why those big 'issues' are really 'non-issues'. Because it is not the issues that is in question. It is in the handling. By handling them well, a leader is able to resolve them satisfactorily.

And it is on that basis, that i say a one-month or one-year president does not matter.

And that is why I said the onus falls back to the president to (exercise her leadership) resolve the matter (crisis).

Last edited:

jesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
If what Gao Ning said is true, it appears that the coaching staff are focusing on the women's team and neglecting the men's team. In this sense both team manager and the head coach must be held responsible.

But most people get distracted by the silver medal, meaning winning the silver medal does not absolve both the team manager and head coach from the fact that they had neglected their duties.